Flagstaff Transportation

Most Recent Transportation in Flagstaff

• Gillybob's Profile Photo

Greyhound to Las Vegas

by Gillybob Written Jan 24, 2014

I used the Greyhound for my journey from Flagstaff to Las Vegas in November 2011. My ticket (single journey) cost US$51.00 plus a US$0.99 booking fee.

Unfortunately, the bus encountered problems and we broke down not long after departing Kingman. However, the bus driver was excellent - realising early that there was an issue with the bus and ensuring the he returned to a petrol (gas) station with excellent facilities so that his passengers (myself included) were not overly inconvenienced other than by the delay (approximately 4 hours) to the journey.

The Greyhound station is located at 399 S Malpais Lane, Flagstaff.

The journey from Flagstaff to Las Vegas takes slightly less than 6 hours.

• Gillybob's Profile Photo

Arizona Shuttle

by Gillybob Updated Jan 24, 2014

Arizona Shuttle connects Flagstaff with Grand Canyon Village and Phoenix.

I was very pleased with the service I received.

I used Arizona Shuttle to travel from Phoenix to Flagstaff, then connecting to Grand Canyon Village and to return from Grand Canyon Village to Flagstaff.

Whilst transitting from Phoenix to Flagstaff, we encountered a traffic jam on the Interstate; the shuttle driver contacted the Flagstaff office and informed he had a transfer passenger. They arranged for me to get off at Flagstaff Airport and connect with the shuttle to Grand Canyon Village there - this proved an excellent plan as I would have otherwise missed the depart form Flagstaff.

I paid US$56 in October 2011 for a Flagstaff-Grand Canyon Village-Flagstaff return.

Locals who may wish to make regular use of this service can obtain a Frequent Rider ID which make future online reservations faster and easier.

• Business Travel

• bocmaxima's Profile Photo

Mountain Line Transit

by bocmaxima Updated Apr 4, 2011

Many visitors fail to realize that Flagstaff has a cheap and effective transit system called the Mountain Line. Five routes traverse the town every 30 or 60 minutes, dependent upon the route, and all run 7 days a week. The bus can be used to get from one extreme of town to another, or from Downtown to attractions like NAU, the Museum of Northern Arizona, the Riordan Mansion or the Flagstaff Mall.
    The fare is $1 for adults, $3 for a day pass. Full details on routes and fares, along with an excellently-detailed system map can be found on Mountain Line's web site.

• flagstonian's Profile Photo

By Car is your best bet!

by flagstonian Updated Aug 7, 2009

Cars - get your directions at mapquest.com
    Phoenix to Flagstaff is 2.5 hours & 150 miles

*****DO NOT DRINK AND DRIVE*****

• Yaqui's Profile Photo

Flagstaff Amtrak Station

by Yaqui Written Apr 14, 2008

Built in 1926 to replace the original railroad depot, it still serves the community as an Amtrak train station and a Visitor Center. Not too many of these historical stations are still around and I must say I was so happy to see that Amtrak saw fit to keep this station in use. So you might want to take advantage of this and maybe take a day or make a vacation out of it and travel the train and see the sights along the way.

1 East Route 66
    Flagstaff, AZ 86001

• Airport Transportation

by rushjd Written Jun 21, 2007

I have travelled on Open Road several times to the airport. Recently I tried a new shuttle service in town call Flagstaff Express. I found them to be very friendly, on-time and they even dropped me off at my house in Flagstaff after picking me up from Sky Harbor. While they don't have as many trips as Open Road, they are less expensive than Open Road by about $13.00. They also just started doing Grand Canyon runs. I haven't taken that shuttle yet but I plan on sending some friends of mine that will be visiting. We had a German group visiting the high school I work at and I know that they did some tours for them - that is how I heard about them. I also like that this company is locally owned. I would definitely recommend this company. There schedule is online at www.flagstaffexpress.com. They do not have online booking yet but I was told they will soon.

• Business Travel

• Shuttles to Flagstaff

by kyuhl Written Mar 6, 2007

Flagstaff Express (www.flagstaffexpress.com) offers inexpensive transportation to Flagstaff from various Phoenix locations including the airport. Much better than Greyhound and much cheaper than other shuttles.

• Rent a car

by mrandmrsdevlin Written Jun 2, 2005

Like most places on the west coast, Flagstaff has a horrid public transportation system. Taxi's are still pretty cheap; but I would say that the best way to get around is just to rent a car while youre here...especially if you want to take day trips to the grand canyon, sedona, jerome or the like.

• Favzoz's Profile Photo

Airport Shuttle Service

by Favzoz Updated Jan 13, 2005

Open Road Tours offers airport shuttle (one way and round-trip) several times daily to Phoenix Sky Harbor International Airport (PHX) from the Amtrak Train Station Depot in Flagstaff. They also stop at Camp Verde, along the route to Phoenix from Flagstaff. I'm not sure, but they may offer pickup in Sedona, as well. Anyone traveling from there might want to ask. I used this service when I visited my daughter and didn't have a car. Their prices were the best I could find. It was $30 one way, $56 round-trip. One of the other shuttle services I called wanted $75 for a one way trip. Schedules, pricing, other tours are on their website; call ahead to reserve.

• School Holidays

• In your own car or a rental...

by MTRCOACH_MAN Written Aug 26, 2002

In your own car or a rental car. Air travel is very expensive as only 1 carrier (AMERICA WEST) flys in & out with a puddle jumper.
    ------------------------------------------------------
    GREYHOUND LINES services FLAGSTAFF from the PHOENIX AIRPORT & is around $24 one-way. (800) 231-2222
    ------------------------------------------------------
    Transit time by car or coach is 2.5-3 HOURS travelling 150 US MILES ---------> THE DRIVE IS EXCEPTIONAL AND WELL WORTH IT. Better yet if your a passenger.
    Your own means. Bike or car are your best bets.

Transit is limited and cabs are the worst. If so driven, try ALTERNATIVE CABS. But again, the cabs suck in this city.

Instant Answers: Flagstaff

Comments

Flagstaff Transportation

Reviews and photos of Flagstaff transportation posted by real travelers and locals. The best tips for Flagstaff sightseeing.