Just across the courtyard from the main building is another building housing the Library and Archives. In addition to housing a large collection of books belonging to McFarland there is a display showing his life.
The building housing the McFarland State Historic Park was built in 1878 to house the Court House. A larger new Court House was built in 1891 and this building was made into a hospital, then a welfare and public health center, and then in 1970 a museum. In 1974, former governor Ernest W. McFarland purchased the building and donated it to the Arizona State Parks Board for a historic park. Hours are 8 AM to 5 PM daily except Christmas Day. Admission costs $3.
This is the Florence Court House built in 1891 to replace the one now housing McFarland State Historic Park. It cost $29,000 to build which was pretty expensive at the time. They did not have enough money to put in actual clocks, so they just installed clock faces. Therefore the time never changes. This courthouse is the oldest continuously used public building in Arizona. It is on the National Register of Historic Places.
There are several other historical displays in the park: Old Adobe Jail in Florence; POW Camp from World War 2; Kid's Display Table.
After the Court House was officially moved into the New Court House in 1891, this building became a hospital and later a welfare and public health building.
Shortly after the building was built addiational space was opened up for the Legal Clerk's Office and the Legal Library.