Fountain Hills Restaurants

• La Scala Creamery,Fountain Hills, Arizona! Gelato!
    La Scala Creamery,Fountain Hills,...
    by jumpingnorman
  • La Scala Creamery,Fountain Hills, Arizona! Gelato!
    La Scala Creamery,Fountain Hills,...
  • Euro Pizza Cafe in Fountain Hills, Arizona
    Euro Pizza Cafe in Fountain Hills,...

Most Recent Restaurants in Fountain Hills

• queencreekfreak's Profile Photo

Flapjacks: Excellent Breakfast

by queencreekfreak Written Aug 28, 2012

We stumbled upon this place when we were staying at the nearby Fort McDowell Casino and resort. I goggled breakfast and picked this place.

Flapjacks is located in a strip center and cannot be seen from the road. Don't give up, it actually exhausts.

The specialty of Flapjacks are oven-baked pancakes and they do not disappoint. These are a German style creation that come fresh out of the oven and puffed up high like a souffle. They quickly deflate and are quickly devoured. I had a mango cherry pancake and my husband had the orange-cranberry version.

So good you will swear your German Oma is in the kitchen making them with love just for you.

Worth the drive but a great stop if you have business inFountain Hills.

• jumpingnorman's Profile Photo

La Scala Creamery: Yummy Gelato, many flavors!

by jumpingnorman Updated Apr 4, 2011

La Scala Creamery,Fountain Hills, Arizona! Gelato!

So after playing at the waterpark (May 31, 2009) at 100 degree weather, we were ready for ice cream! We tried the La Scala and we were not disappointed. My five year old son had 2 $0.99 cones of vanilla, and my daughter had a $2.99 small cup of cannila (the yellow cup). Cups progressively increase insight by approx dollar increments.

Of course, do not forget to taste the ice cream first. The service was nice but at the time we were there, there was a disgruntled man who was saying that his wife tasted the ice cream and didn't like it and the male cashier did not want to replace it. Well, just make sure you taste the ice cream first before you get the whole order.

I had the yummy Choco mint flavour and my wife had strawberry just like our daughter.

Favorite Dish: Chocolate Mint

• cpiers47's Profile Photo

Boulevard Cafe: Delightful Breakfast!

by cpiers47 Updated Apr 4, 2011

This little French restaurant has a perfect location. We loved the sunshine on the porch in the late morning. If you eat a bit much, or just feel like a stroll, cross Saguaro and walk around the fountain. Be sure to hit it on the hour when it erupts!

Favorite Dish: I loved the Eggs Florentine with smoked salmon. Their waffles and crepes are good as well. The smoked salmon breakfast crepe had a bit too much of the filling for my taste, bit the crepe itself was great! Most of the breakfast items were under $10 and the service was great.

• jumpingnorman's Profile Photo

Euro Pizza cafe: Yummy food with patio view of fountain!

by jumpingnorman Written May 31, 2009

Euro Pizza Cafe in Fountain Hills, Arizona

This is an amazing restaurant we found within the area of the Fountain Park, having a great patio with a view of the tall fountain that goes off every hour to a great height over 500 feet!

The service was great - our waitress Krista was very attentive and gave everything we needed. The twins enjoyed the chicken wings and I had the hummus and the spaghetti. My wife also enjoyed her philly sandwich --- we also tasted the pizza and it was awesome!

We ate at lunch and the prizes were affordable, our bill only being $40. They have wide selection from Greek Dip, Tatziki and all the way to Cajun Scallops, and dinner Shrimp Arrabiata -- gotta return to taste that!

• cpiers47's Profile Photo

La Scala Creamery: Am I in Italy?

by cpiers47 Updated Jan 1, 2009

This is a small gelateria in a larger complex near the fountain, so this is a great place to stop after lunch at any of the restaurants or after shopping. The owner was wonderful, very kind and helpful. To work off the gelato, take a stroll around the fountain on the paved path, or take the kids out to the playground.

Favorite Dish: The Almond Joy was amazing. I also enjoyed the blood orange and the chocolate chip. Honestly, this was the closest ANY American gelato has come to the real thing. It's worth a stop even if you just want to argue with me!

• cpiers47's Profile Photo

Overtime Sports Bar: 37 tvs can't be wrong...

by cpiers47 Written Jan 1, 2009

This is an amazing place to sit around sunset and watch the game. The staff were friendly and the 37 tvs project a number of sporting events. There's also a porch that catches the sun in the afternoon.

Favorite Dish: Good margheritas, but beer seems to be the drink of choice. The pizzas seemed popular - the chicken bbq was great!

Mountain View Coffee Co.: Beautiful Views

by cpiers47 Updated Jan 1, 2009

This coffee shop's greatest feature is location. The atmosphere is nice as well - wireless and couches. It's a great place to read the morning paper - or on of the books from the small "library" here. I found the coffee slightly more expensive than I was expecting, but decided that's generally true of small restaurants in Arizona.
    When you're done, talk a stroll around the fountain that gives the town it's name.

Favorite Dish: It's your average coffee place, but the service was great...the chai was good.

La Tartine: French Bakery

by cpiers47 Written Dec 27, 2008

Really nice options here! We tried a few different things for a brunch/lunch and enjoyed each of them. The prices seemed very reasonable and there were quite a few selections even late in the morning. I've read reviews that say the locals (at least seasonal locals) really enjoy it.

Favorite Dish: We enjoyed the fougasse with brie and tomatoes. There was also a half a (large) baguette with mozzerella and tomatoes called a "Snacky" that was nice.

They have a selection of mini pastries as well - the chocolate croissants were good but the brioche were a bit heavy. Their selection of baguettes looked great - we'll have to try them next time!

DJ's Bagel Cafe: Great Breakfast Option

by cpiers47 Updated Dec 26, 2008

This is just a little bagel shop in yet another Arizona strip mall, but don't let that scare you away. This is a great breakfast/lunch place with very reasonable prices and a great menu. There are many varieties of bagels and quite a few cream cheeses (although the portion spread on a toasted bagel is huge - be ready to scrape). But, there are also a number of sandwich options and some salads as well. It's cafeteria style, and during a busy rush a seat can be hard to find. So, grab a sandwich for takeout and head to the fountain.

Favorite Dish: The lobster bisque was the soup of the day and it was amazing. The soup comes with a bagel and toasted bagel chips (for under $5) so it's definitely a meal!

Instant Answers: Fountain Hills

Comments

Fountain Hills Restaurants

Reviews and photos of Fountain Hills restaurants posted by real travelers and locals. The best tips for Fountain Hills sightseeing.

View all Fountain Hills hotels