Fountain Hills Things to Do

• Amazing Bronze Statues in Fountain Hills, Arizona
    Amazing Bronze Statues in Fountain...
  • Unknown Boy at Fountain Hills Water Park, AZ
    Unknown Boy at Fountain Hills Water...
    by jumpingnorman
  • Getting wet at Fountain Hills, Arizona (that's me)
    Getting wet at Fountain Hills, Arizona...

Most Recent Things to Do in Fountain Hills

• jumpingnorman's Profile Photo

Lots of Amazing Bronze Statues in Fountain Hills!

by jumpingnorman Updated Jun 2, 2009

The community of Fountain Hills is very impressive -- they have dotted several areas in their community with amazing pieces of bronze art! And remember, these expensive works were not bought using tax money --- they were sponsored by private corporations and builders, and even donations from rich people in Fountain Hills. They also hold some fund-raising activities which is used for the development of the community.

Our favorite was a huge turtle that greeted us at Fountain Park. And we also love the huge toad, the girl hugging a horse called First Love, and so many more....There are also new sculptures that have been added and are going to be added (I read this through the local entertainment newspaper called "Let's Go") --- the new additions are A Friend to Lean On (life sized work from a Wyoming artist showing two burros laden with mining gear) near the entrance to the Basha's Store, Need a Lift (from Colorado) near the library, and coming up will be Quackers showing a small boy feeding the ducks (they are currently raising up the $3500 which is such a low price that they successfully negotiated --- wish I could get it myself!). Oh well, such works of art sometimes belong outside our homes and to be appreciated by the general public.

• jumpingnorman's Profile Photo

Water Fun for kids (and myself) at Fountain Park!

by jumpingnorman Written May 31, 2009

Unknown Boy at Fountain Hills Water Park, AZ

We were here in Fountain Hills on a 100 degree hot summer day (May 31, 2009) --- and what a relief when we saw that Fountain Park had an amazing water park! It had waterguns that you can direct at unsuspecting kids and adults who are enjoying the coolness. The twins had so much fun, and so I decided to go with them and run through the amazing jets of water. My favorite was a little tunnel of water sprays, resembling a whale (it had a whale tail) and I also liked the bucket that filled up with water while 12 feet up the air, and then you can turn a rotary wheel to let the water fall down on you.

There is a rotary wheel because this great water work of art was a project of Rotary International...so just go there and get wet!

• Water Sports

• jumpingnorman's Profile Photo

Visit World's Fourth Tallest Fountain in Arizona!

by jumpingnorman Written May 31, 2009

World's Fourth Tallest Fountain is in Arizona!

I have heard of this very tall fountain before but for some reason, it took me eight years of living in Arizona before I visited the World's FOURTH largest fountain in Fountain Hills, Arizona. And we live just about 40 minutes away!

The current community is a very vibrant one, very involved in bringing art and culture into the Maricopa County. But this fountain was actually built 30 years ago and is smack in the middle of a 28-acre man-made lake - rising 560 feet!

We were driving looking for it using our GPS, and then all of a sudden, BOOM. There was the the tall fountain in the distance - it was at 12 noon. We were lucky because the fountain only sets off every hour (before it was more frequent but I think the community is concerned about energy saving during these times).

And since this the fourth largest, what's the first three? Ijust had to add this for extra info....The top 3 tallest fountains:
    1. King Fahd’s Fountain in Jeddah, Saudi at 1023.62 ft (312 meters)
    2. The Gateway Geyser, St Louis, Missouri, 630 feet
    3. The Port Fountain or Karachi Port Trust Fountain, Pakistan, 620 feet

Instant Answers: Fountain Hills

Comments

Fountain Hills Things to Do

Reviews and photos of Fountain Hills things to do posted by real travelers and locals. The best tips for Fountain Hills sightseeing.

View all Fountain Hills hotels