Sunrise / Sunset, Grand Canyon

Grand Canyon

Know about this? Rate It!

• Sunrise / Sunset
  • sim1's Profile Photo

by sim1 Updated Feb 24, 2005

sunset at the Grand Canyon

Favorite thing:
    Wow, do I look tired in this picture! But I still want to show it to you, because it was the best memory I have about my visit to the Grand Canyon. I love sunsets and this is one I will never forget.

I started that day very early in the morning, leaving from Las Vegas. I only had a few hours of sleep that night. I was in Las Vegas, and of course I had to enjoy the nightlife as much as I could! Well, that is what I did, but I had to pay for that the next day. It is a long drive from Las Vegas to The Grand Canyon, and I arrived at there at the end of the afternoon just in time for the sunset.

One of my biggest wishes of this trip was to see the sunset and the Grand Canyon, and I was just in time for that. I dumped my luggage in the hotel when I arrived and ran to the bus that brought me to the lookout point. Ooooh, never have I seen something as beautiful as that. It was not just the sunset, but the whole atmosphere. It is a magical place to watch the sunset. All those people gazing with amazement at the sun going down. I made so many pictures of the sunset, but please don't even try to do the same. It is impossible to make a sunset picture here. Just sit down, and enjoy the beauty in front of your eyes. It will be a sunset you probably will never forget.

• RACCOON1's Profile Photo

Grand Canyon Sunrise and Sunset

by RACCOON1 Updated May 8, 2004

Favorite thing: Watching sunrise and sunset are big events at the Grand Canyon . The real professonal sunset watchers bring lawn chairs , cheese to snack on and a bottle of wine . The last time we were at the Grand Canyon there was a bit of cloud in the wrong place for a good sunset . We assumed the same would occur at sunrise the next morning so we slept in . So what happens .We were told in the morning that the sunrise was spectacular . DO NOT MAKE ASSUMPTIONS.

• nieldy's Profile Photo

This photo shows my two...

by nieldy Written Sep 12, 2002

Favorite thing: This photo shows my two travelling pals waiting for the sun to set at Plateau Point. This is halfway down into the canyon, with Indian Garden campsite about a mile behind me (with camera). We also got up in time to walk back here for sunrise.

• sargentjeff's Profile Photo

Stay for the sunset. You can...

by sargentjeff Written Aug 26, 2002

Favorite thing: Stay for the sunset. You can get some great photos if your camera is quite good. As you can see, my camera wasn't the greatest at the time.

Fondest memory: sitting on the edge of the canyon watching the sun dip into the horizon

• dinhyen's Profile Photo

Watch the sunset from Hopi...

by dinhyen Updated Aug 26, 2002

Favorite thing: Watch the sunset from Hopi Point. Many places along the South Rim, indeed anywhere along the rim, will let you be spectator to one of the most spectacular sunsets on earth. My favorite happens to be at Hopi Point. Get there early to get a good spot and don't forget your tripod. In the off-peak season, generally November to March, you can drive your car along the rim road. The rest of the year you'd have to take a bus in order to protect the fragile environment from excessive traffic. I've yet to hike to the bottom, but that's on the list.

• basstbn's Profile Photo

Brilliant Sunsets

by basstbn Updated Mar 4, 2003

Sunset at the Grand Canyon

Favorite thing: Not all the brilliant colors to be seen are in the rock formations below. The sunsets can take your breath away.

Fondest memory: This sunset.

• smoox's Profile Photo

smoox's General Tip

by smoox Written Sep 2, 2002

Fondest memory: Finding a lonely spot for watching the sunset. It´s not easy but well possible - after all, there are so MANY brilliant viewpoints.

• basstbn's Profile Photo

Get up before sunrise at least...

by basstbn Updated Aug 24, 2002

Favorite thing: Get up before sunrise at least once; go to a good vantage point on the rim to watch the colors and hues of the canyon metamorphasize as the sun climbs into the blue sky.

Instant Answers: Grand Canyon