El Tovar, Grand Canyon

by kymbanm
    El Tovar
    by kymbanm
  • kymbanm's Profile Photo

El Tovar: Wonderful Breakfasts!

by kymbanm Written Feb 11, 2007

The View from El Tovar Porch

El Tovar's dining room is the only 'fine dining' establishment within the park. Reservations are needed for the evening meal. Dad and I had decided, upon the recommendation of the desk staff at Maswik, to come here for our breakfast ... man ..... they were right!

The breakfast menu is extensive and the items are quite good! I had an omelette with spinach and wild mushroom, potatoes, and sourdough bread. Dad had the biscuits and gravy with sausage. My only regret is that I wish I'd had the fruit instead of the potatoes ... oven roasted and too similar to the potatoes we had at dinner the night before. While I spied the table next to me the BEST looking side of fruit EVER!

Of course, being a bad VTer, no pics of food here either :) But the second link is to a pdf file of their breakfast menu :)

• National/State Park

• Roadquill's Profile Photo

El Tovar Lodge: Fine Dining in the Desert

by Roadquill Written Nov 3, 2009

WallDecor at El Tovar

The El Tovar Lodge has a great reputation and deservedly so. We enjoyed an evening meal with out party of eight and everyone enjoyed their meal. Excellent service, although out server did not quite get it right when I told he I wanted the good cabernet served with the main course. At least she brought it before the main course.

Favorite Dish: Bone in Buffalo Steak

• Hiking and Walking
    • Wine Tasting

• FreeCloud's Profile Photo

El Tovar: Best in the South Rim

by FreeCloud Updated Jan 19, 2003

View of canyon from El Tovar veranda

The restaurant inside the 1905 built historical El Tovar Hotel.

Details later
    Imagine after a long morning hike along the canyon in two-feet snow, then sit next to a fireplace and enjoy the good food with a spectacular view of the Grand Canyon.

Did I mention all their waiting staff are young, tall, slim and handsome and pleasant guys?

• shiran_d's Profile Photo

The El Tavor, It's a very old...

by shiran_d Written Aug 25, 2002

The El Tavor, It's a very old hotel and at the Grand Canyon, leasure camp site.

This Pic is the El Tavor Resturent and the Hotel and they will even arrange your tour guide arounf the canyon by any means of transport all under one roof EL TAVOR
    People are nice and very friendly

Favorite Dish: So many I can't even think of so nice and love it very much. When for the seasonal local traditional dish,
    More like a traditional American Indian style meal.
    Lovely nice