Maswik, Grand Canyon

by rexvaughan
  • Roadquill's Profile Photo

Maswik Lodge: Caefeteria style mediocrity

by Roadquill Written Nov 6, 2009

As you enter from the reception area, the cafeteria style eatery spreads out before you with several different types of cuisine. The food was passable, but I would not say good. My tuna a disappointment. The vegetables were reheated frozen with little taste. EVen the wine selection was .......hmmm?....colorful....red, rose and white. Fortunately, it was not that expensive and everyone that worked there was nice.

Favorite Dish: My beer was cold.

• rexvaughan's Profile Photo

Maswik: Decent cafeteria food

by rexvaughan Written Jun 13, 2007

The cafeteria in Maswik Lodge is very conveninet and open from 6:00 a.m. to 10:00 p.m. There is a wide variety of foods available: bugers, sandwiches, salads, pasta, mexican food and other entrees. Frankly I found the food a bit pedestrian but adequate and the place was always full. I even went a few minutes before 6:00 one morning and found about 12-15 people already waiting for them to open.

Favorite Dish: My favorite meal here was breakfast and again they offer a wide variety of cereals, juices, breads, eggs, biscuits, gravy, bacon, sausage, etc. I had eggs, bacon and a biscuit with gravy on it. Pretty tasty. Prices are very reasonable.

The dining room is quite attractive but I didn't get a photo so I have used the one from their website.

• kymbanm's Profile Photo

Maswik: Cafeteria Dining

by kymbanm Written Feb 11, 2007

Though not normally into cafeteria dining, I did enjoy my dinner at the Maswik Lodge cafeteria. There was a nice selection from pasta, to salads, to Southwestern and even a grill. Prices were acceptable at about $10 a person and free refills at the soda fountain.

Dad and I had porkchops, potatoes, corn on the cob, sourdough bread and filled up quite well. The portions were HUGE! The chops were tender and tastey too :) We were too full to get more drinks and just rolled our way down to our room ... thank goodness we were staying downhill from the main lodge!

So if you are looking for normal food, and decent prices, head on over to the cafeteria.

I must be a bad VTer, I was sooooo hungry I didn't take any pics! So here's a pic from their website :)

• PinkFloydActuary's Profile Photo

Maswik: Food Court!

by PinkFloydActuary Written Oct 8, 2005

Maswik Cafeteria (inside the Maswik Lodge, of all places) is set up like a food court, with different stations such as burgers, Mexican, sandwiches, etc. I had a chicken sandwich which was semi-prepared in front of me. The cost is slightly on the high side, but not too outrageous (in the neighborhood of $5.) The dining area is a lot like a standard cafeteria hall. It's a nice choice, especially if you're fueling up for the Hermit's Rest trails.

• Maswik Lodge

by hollyday Written Sep 8, 2002

We used this restaurant for our meals as it was in the vicinty of our accommodation.
    We found it to be good value for money with resonable prices ( you could even say cheap)
    Dinner and breakfast for two was under $30.

Instant Answers: Grand Canyon