Steakhouse At The Grand Canyon, Grand Canyon

Dessert choice @ Yipee-ei-o
    inside Yipee-ei-o Steakhouse
  • STEAK HOUSE GRAND CANYON: POOR POOR FOOD

by milesheron Updated Jun 25, 2012

OK SO ME AND MY WIFE STOPPED THERE DUE TO THE AMOUNT OF CARS,RIGHT WE ALL SEE A LOT OF VEHICLES SO IT HAS TO BE GREAT FOOD......WELL WELL WELL DO NOT EAT THERE IT WAS NASTEY AND WE ARE FAR FROM THE WORD ( PICKY) EATERS.....HER SO CALLED TENDER STEAK WAS BURNT AND NASTEY I HAD THE 2 PORK CHOPS WELL IF U LIKE DRY MEAT OR BURNT MEAT THEN HAVE AT IT...ARE WAITER WAS COOL THOUGH....AND TO ADD A 15% GRAUNITY THAT FREAKING OUT OF THIS WORLD....I UNDER STAND THEY LOVE TIPS WELL DONT WE ALL,BUT TIPS ARE BASED ON SERVICE,FOOD, ETC.....I SPEAK FOR ME AND MY WIFE WE WILL NEVER GO THERE EVER EVER AGAIN,THERE A FINE MEXICAN PLACE SOUTH OF THEM,,,,NOW THAT A FINE PLACE AS WE ROTE A 5 STAR REVIEW.......I AM STILL PISSED OFF ABOUT HAVEING TO TIP..THE OWNER NEEDS A 101 LESSON HOW TO MANAGE HER PEOPLE...AS WE PAID VERY CLOSE ATTENTION TO HER AND HER DAOUGHTER...I HOPE THIS LETS ALL U KNOW PLEASE PLEASE SAVE UR MONEY SPEND IT WHERE U ACTUALLY GET UR MONEY OUT OF A RESTRAUNT....OVERALL ...POOR FOOD WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY OVER PRICED TERRRRRRRRRIBLE OWNER SHIP AND POOR EVERYTHING....SAFE TRAVELS TO ALL.....................AND IF U ARE THE OWNER AND U READ THIS WORD OF MOUTH TRAVELS FAST DONT FORGET THAT,SO HOW ABOUT YOU AS THE OWNER MAKE SOME CHANGES CKUSE WITH POOR REVIEWS LIKE THIS IN THAT AREA U WONT STAY IN BUSINESS GUANTEED.....
    J&G

Favorite Dish: NONE,VERRY NASTEY FOOD

• Steakhouse: Dont call the number listed in the below reviews

by gclocal Updated Feb 17, 2011

This is not a review of the restaurant, it is a review about the below reviews. The phone number listed for the steakhouse (the number ending in 2278) is not the ACTUAL number for the steakhouse, it is the number for the neighboring WE COOK PIZZA AND PASTA. i know because i work at said restaurant and have had at least 10 people call since monday, telling us our number is listed for the steakhouse. the actual number to the steakhouse is 928 638 2780.

• tgerber's Profile Photo

Yipee-ei-o Steakhouse At The Grand Canyon: Cowboy Dinner

by tgerber Written May 20, 2007

Yipee-ei-o Steakhouse, Grand Canyon

Haystacks, horse saddles, country music, waiters wearing cowboy boots and hats - welcome to the wild west! Not too fancy but authentic and good quality for more than moderate prices

Favorite Dish: The Cowgirl Steak - a filet mignon from the grill, served with house salad, baked potatoe, beans and corn on the cobb. Also don't miss the dessert choice!

• tgerber's Profile Photo

Yipee-ei-o Steakhouse At The Grand Canyon: Cowboy Dinner

by tgerber Written May 20, 2007

Yipee-ei-o Steakhouse, Grand Canyon

• mikehanneman's Profile Photo

Steakhouse At The Grand Canyon (North Rim): North Rim Steakhouse

by mikehanneman Written Aug 30, 2006

North Rim Lodge

I was at the North Rim a few weeks ago and ate at their main restaurant/steakhouse.

I had their special, ribeye, and it wasn't a very good cut of meat for $24.00. My total was $30.00 and I wish I had gone to the deli right next door instead.

Favorite Dish: There wasn't one.

• Steakhouse At The Grand Canyon: overpriced and poor service

by traveler12345 Written Jun 15, 2006

We entered the restaurant and we were seated immediately. After 15 long minutes, a server bothered to come and take our orders. The food was overpriced for its quality. The salads were submediocre and the beans were the worst I have ever had. Ribs were ok but the steak was overcooked and dry. But sometimes, that's ok if accompanied by great service - it was not at all the case here. After we finished, we had to wait for at least 40 minutes to get our check, and this was after we talked to the server at least three times. All this time, the same server showed a lot of attention to other customers in the dining room. Will not consider this restaurant again.

• Steakhouse At The Grand Canyon: overpriced food and poor service

by cristimoro Written Jun 15, 2006

We got in the restarrant and we were seated immediately. After 15 long minutes, a waiter bothered to come and take our orders. The price of the food was overpriced for its quality; but sometimes, that's ok if accompanied by great service - it was not the case here. After we finished, we had to wait for at least 40 minutes to get our check, and this was after the talked to the server three times. Will not consider this restaurant again.

• Taffster's Profile Photo

The Arizona Room: Mmmm Steak......

by Taffster Written Sep 3, 2005

Wow! This place serves gorgeous food!
    Although it'a in a bit of a tourist trap place, I thought the price was very reasonable for what was served! Plus it was gooooood!

Favorite Dish: I had the BBQ Chicken, steakcut fries (chunky chips as we Brits call them) and salad, with brocolli and stilton soup to start! Mmmmm!!

• The Arizona Room: Best Place to eat at the Grand Canyon South Rim!

by AncientOne Updated Jan 20, 2005

Besides the great food, the huge bay windows overlooking the Grand Canyon will add to your dining experience.Be bold and request a table next to the windows.There is a waiting period for a table esp. in the summer but its well worth the wait.Open daily for dinner only, unfortunately, from 5 PM to 10 PM.

The only negative is this one server named Heather, avoid her at all costs. She is rude, snappish and expects a fat tip no matter how bad her service is.

Favorite Dish: My favorites are the Prime Rib, New York Strip Steak, and for dessert, the homemade New York style cheesecake.They also have a great homemade soup called Southwest Corn Chowder.It has little strips of baked tortilla on top, its one of a kind.

• Luxury Travel

• Steakhouse At The Grand Canyon: Better off at McDonald's

by coonie104 Written Dec 30, 2004

More expensive and as loud as a three ring circus. Overpriced food and too much noise. My 5 shrimp with steak fries set me back $15. I could've went to McDonalds and got me 15 cheeseburgers and would have been happier! Avoid this place at all costs!

Favorite Dish: Huh?

• Leslieb66's Profile Photo

Steakhouse At The Grand Canyon: Just keep driving.

by Leslieb66 Written Apr 10, 2004

This place is on Hwy 64 after you leave the park and on the way to Williams. I am happy to say that I did not leave my money at this restaurant. The owner of the place, Regina I later found out, does not know the meaning of customer service. After waiting to hear my number called for a table, I nicely asked her what happened to number 8 (my number) because she was on number 17. She proceeded to attack me for not hearing my number and then when I said that we'd leave, she practically shoved my 16 year old little sister and me out the door! I have NEVER been kicked out of an establishment in my life! I am 38 and a reasonable person. I wasn't drinking at all. We then went to the Tusayan Cafe and the owner there told us that Regina is nasty to everyone in town as well as many of the "guests" of her restaurant. He also said that the food there is not that good anyway. His place is more diner/cafe style and we had a wonderful waiter and our burgers were excellent. Go there instead!

• Rafting

• Arizona Steakhouse: Arizona Steakhouse

by dzni Written Aug 26, 2002

This is another mediocre steakhouse. I mean, the food was decent, but just not worth the high price they charge here. Unfortunately, you have to realize that everything has to be trucked in to the Grand Canyon, so prices go up as a result. Anyway, this is a nicer dining establishment, but casual dress is still acceptable.

• The Steakhouse at The Grand...

by dzni Written Aug 26, 2002

The Steakhouse at The Grand Canyon
    Ok, I have to be honest, this was not the best piece of steak I've had. ;) So, the food and steak was just mediocre, I'm sorry to say. Hmmm, but they did have rattlesnake, which was a gastatory experience! ;) This place is pretty good, though, after a long day of hiking in the canyon. I mean, there aren't many dining options at the Grand Canyon or Tusayan, save a few fast food places like McDonald's.

• Alien's Profile Photo

If you arrive in Grand Canyon...

by Alien Written Aug 24, 2002

If you arrive in Grand Canyon Village, there is an excellent steak-house on the right side of the road. You can taste a local beer called Grand Canyon Rattlesnake Beer!!
    The waiters wear traditional Western outfit, even the hats!

Favorite Dish: Choose a steak from the many different kinds, or just order a spaghetti - no matter what you pick, it all comes in massive quantities.

Instant Answers: Grand Canyon