Fauna & Flora, Grand Canyon National Park

Know about this? Rate It!

• Fauna & Flora
    by goingsolo
  • SLLiew's Profile Photo

Grand Canyon Wildlife

by SLLiew Written Oct 20, 2006

Favorite thing: There are reported over 75 mammals, 50 reptiles and amphibians, 25 fish and 300 bird species seen in Grand Canyon.

Saw mule deer feeding near the rim.

Other animals if you are lucky are bighorn, bobcats, coyotes and even mountain lions.

More likely beavers, gophers, chipmunks, squirrels, rabbits and bats.

• windsorgirl's Profile Photo

Twisted Trees

by windsorgirl Updated Nov 12, 2004

Utah Juniper

Favorite thing: Apart from the views, I also loved the twisted trunks of the old Pinion Pines and Utah Junipers throughout the Park. They look like natural sculptures provided by Mother Nature and seemingly growing out of solid rock. I also appreciated how they were conveniently located on the canyon's edge providing a perfect foreground for many of the hundred or so photos that I took of the Canyon.

• National/State Park

• goingsolo's Profile Photo

Stop and enjoy the view

by goingsolo Updated Sep 25, 2004

The South rim in the distance

Fondest memory: Just before dinner a group of four deer wandered past our campsite. So close. This is so real. More real than anything I've ever done. Life, work, etc. is so far away right now. I think I understand why people come to places like this. Jim told me that spending time in the Grand Canyon would be an experience that would change me forever. I believe he was right.

• Jerelis's Profile Photo

(Historical) facts - Trees were everywhere!

by Jerelis Written Dec 22, 2003

Flying over the Grand Canyon!

Favorite thing: First of all, we have to tell you, that of all of the pictures we had seen of the Grand Canyon, we were truly surprised by how many trees and how green The Grand Canyon was!

We were really expecting a big barren red hole! But trees were everywhere! And the panorama over the edge of the rim was overwhelming.

• National/State Park
    • Hiking and Walking

Instant Answers: Grand Canyon National Park

Comments

View all Grand Canyon National Park hotels