This is a complete listing of the companies that have liscenses to operate within the boundries of the Grand Canyon National Park.
1) Diamond River Adventures (www.diamondriver.com)
2) Tour West (e-mail: email@example.com)
3) Arizona River Runners (www.raftarizona.com)
4) OARS (www.oars.com)
5) Western River Expeditions (www.westernriver.com
6) Grand Canyon Expeditions Company (www.gcex.com)
7) Arizona Raft Adventures (www.azraft.com)
8) Grand Canyon Discovery (www.grandcanyondiscovery.com)
9) Wilderness River Adventures (www.riveradventures.com)
10) Hatch River Expeditions (www.hatchriverexpeditions.com)
11) Outdoors Unlimited (www.outdoorsunlimited.com)
12) Canyon Explorations (www.canyonexplorations.com)
13) Colorado River & Trail Expeditions (www.crateinc.com)
14) Moki Mac River Expeditions (www.mokimac.com
15) High Desert Adventures (www.boathda.com)
16) Canyoneers, Inc. (www.canyuoneers.com)
If you are planning to raft on the Colorado River in the Grand Canyon National Park, there are a number of authorized "river runners" and we checked them all.
Diamond River Adventures (this is the company we ultimatley chose to go with, if you need information talk to Helen she is a great help).
On the following page will be a complete list of the companies, this page is devoted to Diamond only.
And here I would like to thank Diamond River and their crew on the river especially for making that week so special, not only the environment itself, but the "climate" created by the interaction of these professionals.
Numerous tour companies lead river rafting trips along the Colorado River. The guides do most of the work transporting gear, cooking and setting up camp. It is a more leisurely trip than carring everything on your back, but in some places, the rapids are pretty heavy and boats do tip over. Rafts are either motorized or non-motorized and the most of the paddle trips involve guides steering the boat. There's also an option to leacve the rafts near Phantom Ranch and hike back up, experiencing the best of both worlds.