Nogales Off The Beaten Path

NORTH MORLEY AVENUE

Most Recent Off The Beaten Path in Nogales

PT Cruiser :-)))

by matcrazy1 Updated Oct 12, 2003

CHRYSLER  PT  CRUISER  :-)))

I have never seen Chrysler PT Cruiser in Poland. But I could see quite many of these funny and very nice cars in the USA, including this one on my picture parked in front of Motel 6. Don't you like PT Cruisers?

For enthusiasts and owners of Chrysler PT Cruisers:
    PT Cruiser Club
    PT Cruiser World
    PT Cruiser links
    PT Cruiser Fun Club Website
    For PT Cruiser Owners and Enthusiasts

Should I buy PT cruiser soon? Hmm... isn't it a car for women rather? The cheapest one costs 26,840 Euro = $30,850 = 107,360 PLN (Polish zloty). Expensive car :-(((. And I would prefer to buy the best version = 20% more expensive.

North Morley Avenue

NORTH  MORLEY  AVENUE

It's a main one-way street going northeast from Mexican border through a downtown Nogales. Not very interesting street at first sight to be honest but there were a few quite interesting buildings there including the building of US Post Office at 300 N. Morley Avenue.

Nogales is full of Asian, European, Mexican, Middle Eastern and Black influences in architecture. If have time stop in a downtown and walk around to discover them.

More: Gold Tour

Elm and Crawford Street

by matcrazy1 Written Sep 26, 2003

W.  ELM  STREET

These two streets are located in downtown Nogales, west of N. Grand Avenue (I-19 BUS). There are a lot of old buildings to see on these streets. Especially at Crawford street.

More: The Red Tour

North Grand Avenue

by matcrazy1 Written Sep 26, 2003

NORTH GRAND AVENUE

It's the main, quite busy one-way street of Nogales downtown. There is Pimeria Alta Museum at 136 N. Grand Avenue - museum of local history. It's housed in old Town Hall built in 1914.

More: Blue Tour

Sacred Heart Church

SACRED  HEART  CHURCH

Sacred Heart Church, located in Historic Nogales Main Street (on the right on my picture) was completed in 1928. It looked really impressive. The church reminded me some Spanish and... Italian churches. Am I wrong?

How to get there?
    Driving south highway 19-Bus (N. Grand Ave.) turn right to W. Elm Street (on my pic) - the church is 150 yards (meters) on the right at 252 N. Rodriguez Street.

La Cinderella

LA  CINDERELLA  BUILDING

Look at my picture - this building is called La Cinderella. It was built in 1909. It houses a retail store with... a lot of strange, fairy goods including gifts on a groundfloor now.
    This pink building is located in Nogales downtown on the right side of a one-way street called N. Morley Avenue.

Address:
    148 N. Morley Ave.
    Nogales, Arizona
    85621 USA

Nogales-Santa Cruz County Public Library

by matcrazy1 Updated Sep 24, 2003

NOGALES  SANTA  CRUZ  COUNTY  LIBRARY

I was in Nogales because it was in my itinerary to New Mexico. I was going to visit another town on the way between Tucson and Nogales called Tubac but I couldn't find any inexpensive accommodation on that way and I managed to find it just in Nogales in the middle of a night. Driving to downtown next morning I stopped at tourist information and I asked about internet availability. They gave me a schematic map of Nogales with Nogales-Santa Cruz County Public Library marked.

It was closed in early morning so, I drove to visit another nearby town - Tubac first. Then I had to come back to Nogales anyway and for the first time in my life I entered US public library and used its free internet connection. There is quite interesting architecture of the library building - look at my picture.

Address:
    518 N. Grand Ave.
    Nogales, AZ. 85621

Hours: click here

Instant Answers: Nogales

Comments

Nogales Off The Beaten Path

Reviews and photos of Nogales off the beaten path posted by real travelers and locals. The best tips for Nogales sightseeing.