Page Favorites

Most Recent Favorites in Page

• BruceDunning's Profile Photo

Moqui BAlls

by BruceDunning Written Oct 25, 2009

Favorite thing: Ask what they are. These are actual balls that are created over some unbelievable period of time, and found in the rock face, mostly on slick rock. The balls are formed form sand blowing/rolling along the rock over millenium, and accumulating, or attaching to iron in the rocks. That iron grabs the sand and it continues to blow. What a feat of Nature. They are imbedded in the rocks

• Eco-Tourism
    • Photography

• mikehanneman's Profile Photo

by mikehanneman Written Aug 18, 2006

Lake Powell

Favorite thing: Lake Powell is always OK - whether you want to jump on a boat or just relax and take in the view!

Fondest memory: Antelope Canyon, Horseshoe Bend, Lake Powell, colored rocks, quaintness of Page, and the people of Page!

• mafootje's Profile Photo

The middle of nowhere but the center of nature....

by mafootje Written Jul 25, 2004

View near the Glenn Canyon Dam

Favorite thing: It's really unbelieveable how many wonders of nature you can find on a short distance of your hotel...

There are lakes, winding rivers, scenic overviews, spectacular caves it's worth the drive and better to stay longer as we did...

Fondest memory: After diner we decided to drive around, we parked our car about 10 minutes from our hotel and got some great pictures of the Glenn Canyon dam and it's surroundings..

• National/State Park

Summer SUNRISE

SUNRISE ON THE EAST SIDE OF PAGE

Favorite thing: To be up with the sun and gather ones self and plan the day. The Navajos always face the east and give thanks (PRAY) to the CREATOR for a new day, to go before me, be behind me, and all around me, above me and below me...AMEN.

Fondest memory: That it's nice and peaceful, you can even hear the lizards yawn.

On the EAST side of Page

by Grazina Updated Mar 6, 2004

The roads are very nice and smooth.

Favorite thing: Everywhere you look you'll see red sandstone rocks and sand. I like it. At sunset it to die for.

Fondest memory: The Navajo Generating Station (SRP) and Navajo mountain in the background is breath taking for me at least.

COME AND ENJOY THE GREAT OUTDOORS

by Grazina Updated Mar 6, 2004

Lake Powell about 6 mile from Page the City.

Favorite thing: MOSTLY BOATING AND HIKING...GOOD EXERCISING FOR THE WELL NATURED PERSON.

Fondest memory: THAT IT'S NICE AND QUIET, SLOWMOTION, AND YOU CAN RELAX AND ENJOY LIFE...OH YES, YOU CAN EVEN SEE THE STARS TWINKLE IN THE SKY AT NIGHT.

The bridge

by Grazina Written Feb 14, 2004

Highest steel arch bridge in the Southwest.

Favorite thing: Just to walk from one end to the other is exciting...to look to the North you'll see Lake Powell and to look to the South you'll see upper Colorado river.

Fondest memory: It's walking to the bridge for the Dam (Glen Canyon Dam)

• Grazina's Profile Photo

Okay! Vere Chee you are the town Clown.

by Grazina Written Mar 31, 2003

Vere' clowning around ;o)

Favorite thing: Yes, I do like to get into my comfortable clothes and play with the kids, at heart I'm just a big kid myself.
    I don't wear makeup to often but when I do I kind of over do it ;o)

Fondest memory: That I can take time out of my busy schedule and entertain, I always wanted to be an entertainer when I was a kid.

• Grazina's Profile Photo

The unexpected happens even in this small city.

by Grazina Updated Mar 31, 2003

The circus is in town.

Favorite thing: As small and slowmotion as Page America is, we do have our fun and excitements as the average Big City. Today the circus came to town and entertain us Page folks.

Fondest memory: The elephants were fun, and to see them walking down Lake Powell Blvd was a sight to behold.

Wind cave, Slot Canyon, Crack...all the same place

by Grazina Updated Mar 10, 2003

Linda & dau. from Grants Pass Oregon

Favorite thing: Everywhere you go in this area, rest a sure you will find a new adventure off the main trail.
    Lots of places to hike that are well know to locals and visitor.
    This place is call the "Wind Cave" or "Slot Canyon" or the "Crack" depending who your tour guide is. I know it by the "Crack". But this is a Photographer playground. One day I took some friends out, and It's dark in some places in this cave and I was actually tripping over them. It was funny.
    It sit on the right hand side of Highway 98 E. about 5 miles out of Page.

Fondest memory: I like this place in the summer time because it's actually nice and cool in these wavy caves.

• Pavlik_NL's Profile Photo

Sailing through the desertsand and redrocks

by Pavlik_NL Written Feb 25, 2003

Favorite thing: The combination of the outstretches arms of water inside the desertcountry strucked me. First we didn't know about this huge (barrage)lake that is created by the Navaho-dam near Page. Therefor the sight of a large car pulling a sailingyaught through a wide desert-wasteland, made us laugh out loud. At the lake itself we wished that we pulled the boat here.

Fondest memory: Boattour to the Rainbow-bridge, wind in the hair, sun in the clear blue sky.

• Adventure Travel

• enjoy the landscape around.

by Wizard_of_AZ Written Oct 4, 2002

Fondest memory: Okay, the city is not what I would describe as a very nice city.
    But the landscape around is a dream for every photographer or people who simply love the great outdoors.

In summer there are native American dances performed in the evening in front of the city hall

May of the Grand Circle

by Grazina Updated Apr 1, 2004

Favorite thing: People that have come from all over the world would use Page as a resting place. She is the hud of the "Grand Circle"

• Grazina's Profile Photo

"The UPPER Colorador river"

by Grazina Written Mar 6, 2004

The river

Favorite thing: Going down the river starting at the Dam (Glen Canyon Dam).

Fondest memory: The quiet smooth ride down the canyon and having a great tour guide that did her homework...she gave us a history lession.

Yes it even snow here.

by Grazina Written Mar 6, 2004

LeChee ROCK

Favorite thing: This is LeChee Rock and it's a rock where you can climb. It's sandstone so be very careful when climbing.

Fondest memory: The red rock and clean air.l

Instant Answers: Page

Comments

Page Favorites

Reviews and photos of Page favorites posted by real travelers and locals. The best tips for Page sightseeing.