Page Shopping

• Shopping
    by Callavetta

Most Recent Shopping in Page

• mikehanneman's Profile Photo

Local tire shop: If you have a flat tire.....

by mikehanneman Updated Aug 18, 2006

Paria Movie Set West Of Page

Big O Tires - Page, AZ

When I had my flat tire west of Marble Canyon I went to WalMart to have my tire fixed. They said the tire was ruined and I needed to buy another tire for my rented Jeep Liberty.

Guess what? They don't have very many tires at the Page WalMart. I thought there were a lot of Jeeps running around in that part of the country!!

So I went to Big O Tires right off Lake Powell Blvd in Page. They had around 6 shop employees and they they had the tire I needed so I could be on my way to the South Rim of the Grand Canyon. It cost me $181.60 but it was worth it.

So if you need to buy a tire (any size, they had a good selection), or get a tire fixed go to Big O Tires.

What to buy: Tires, general service too (brakes, engine etc.)

What to pay: Standard pricing/mark ups

• mikehanneman's Profile Photo

WalMart: Stock up here

by mikehanneman Written Aug 18, 2006

East Side Of Glen Canyon Dam

I am not a big fan of Walmart. But, when you are in Page and a long ways away from everything a WalMart can be good to utilize!

I stopped to get a cooler, some beer, Powerade and some cashews. I noticed a lot of other people from out of town were shopping too. This is a new WalMart Superstore. It is located on the west side of highway 89 on the very southwest part of Page.

A good place to stock up on whatever you need at a resonable price.

What to buy: Whatever you want.

What to pay: Same as other WalMarts

• Callavetta's Profile Photo

Navajo Stalls: Indian Krafts

by Callavetta Written Jun 30, 2006

As soon you cross the border between Utah and Arizona, you encounter the beginning of the Navajo Stalls. Even though you will have been driving through Navajo Reservation land for miles and miles, it's only in Arizona where this proliferation seems to take place. They range from raggedy little "lean tos" to places resembling flea markets. Sometimes there's a BBQ grill set up on the side of the road with someone making "squaw bread and beef", sometimes, a child waving at cars trying to sell trinkets.

This photo is at a pull out just south of Page. We pulled over to look at the view of the Colorado River, making it's swath through the Valley below. I asked the Traveling Scot to snap this photo of the Navajo Shopping Mall.

What to buy: Beads, pottery, rugs, peace pipes...... you name it.

What to pay: This is strictly a negotiate deal. Pay what you can get away with.

• Bernd_L's Profile Photo

Blair's DINNEBITO TRADING POST: Navajo handicraft work

by Bernd_L Written Jun 9, 2004

Here you can get some authentical souvenirs. Dinnebito Inc., the parent company, was situated in a remote part of the Navajo Reservation. The isolation of the area helped keep most of the handicraft work traditional in origin.

What to buy: You get Navajo rugs, pottery, basketry, jewelry, sandpaintings, alabastar sculptures and so on.

Instant Answers: Page

Comments

Page Shopping

Reviews and photos of Page shopping posted by real travelers and locals. The best tips for Page sightseeing.