Peoria Restaurants

• Best cake in the world! (Top it with raspberries.)
    Best cake in the world! (Top it with...
    Chicken Marsala
    Pompei Pesto

Most Recent Restaurants in Peoria

• razorbacker's Profile Photo

Abuelos: Ay, CaRAMba! La Comida Deliciosa!

by razorbacker Written May 15, 2009

This is a stylish dining experience with nice ambiance, friendly and helpful service, and succulent food. The prices are also very competitive. This is my preferred venue for Latin food period.

Favorite Dish: Hmm. I'd have to choose the Enchiladas Veracruz. They are so good and filling I have ordered them several times. But you really can't go wrong here. I know, because we always sample each others' fare, and I have never, EVER been disappointed.
    The house salsa for the chips is good. The "Inferno" is very tasty and quite an experience as it DOES have a hellacious bite, but there is a third salsa, I can't recall it's name, but it is my preferred choice as it is original, tasty, and not too thermally challenging.
    I DO love this place for its food and atmosphere. Give it a try. You WON'T be sorry!

• joiwatani's Profile Photo

Grimaldi's Pizzeria: The pizza was delicious!

by joiwatani Written May 9, 2009

My VT meeting at the Grimaldi's Restaurant

By the time I got to the restaurant, ADVENT (Anthony) and Basaic (Jim) were already there. They were sitting at a private room at Grimaldi's.

The restaurant was very cozy and very beautiful. The tables were covered with checkered lines with the color of red and white.

There are many customers sitting at the bar.

The restaurant is very new.

Favorite Dish: We ordered a huge thin crusted mixed pizza, half is vegetarian and the other has pepperoni on it. The pizza was baked on a wood burn stove so that the thin crust of the pizza is crunchy!

I love the salad, too. It is drenched with olive oil, pepper, vinegar, salt and pepper. It has thinly-sliced onions, lettuce, tomatoes, black olives and lots of feta cheese!

I love the salad so much that I made it at home! My family likes it! (This is one of my favorite home-made salad now.)

The pizza and the salad goes along well. I loved it so much that I highly recommend this restaurant!

• Basaic's Profile Photo

Grimaldi's Pizzeria: Great Pizza in a Nice Atmosphere

by Basaic Written Apr 24, 2009

VT Group

I attended my first VT Meet at Grimaldi's Pizzeria in Peoria, Arizona. The staff was very attentive, the food was fine and the company terrific. We had a very nice salad and pizza with three toppings. Although we did not have any, I think they serve alcohol too! May be a good place for another meet someday. Grimaldi's is located in the Plaza West Shopping Complex. Of course the best thing was the great company of my fellow VTers!!

Thanks for paying Jumpingnorman!

Big Heng: Simple, great, delicious Chinese

by razorbacker Written Apr 21, 2009
    Big Heng: not much to look at, but home inside

I LOVE Big Heng! The food is always delicious and in humongous portions. I can call in an order, drive straight down there (a few blocks,) and it will invariably be ready by the time I arrive. They REALLY mean it when they say, "Your order will be ready in ten minutes!"
    Whenever I tip a buck or two, they always tell me, "Hold on!" and run in the kitchen and come back out with some extra crab puffs or something.
    And we LOVE dining in there. The people are so genuinely friendly and sweet and helpful. And I love the musical lilt in the voices as they speak with you as these are truly native Chinese people, who have mastered the difficulties of English but retain their native patterns and rhythms. It is a very fun, relaxed, and enjoyable atmosphere for our whole family.

Favorite Dish: I love the combination dish #4 that comes with egg roll, fried shrimp (though I usually substitute crab puffs,) sweet & sour chicken, fried rice, and chicken lo mein. A huge portion is $7.95. And of course there is the ubiquitous fortune cookie at the end.
    I have never had a bad selection there though.

Cucina Tagliani: Bellisimo!

by razorbacker Updated Apr 21, 2009
    Best cake in the world! (Top it with raspberries.)

Great simple but varied fare. Great fresh bread with olive oil or pesto. Delicious and filling entrees. Beautifully wonderful desserts. Molto bene!
    Recommended with the highest of accolades!

Favorite Dish: Oh...wait...my beautiful nemesis is the chocolate mascarpone cake covered in raspberries!!! Oh, oh, oh!!! THE best, most heavenly dessert you will EVER find ANYWHERE. It does not GET any better than this! Do yourself a favor! This is why Brenda and I try not to go here too often! We have surrendered to temptation!
    Other than that the other fare is simple, delicious, and marvelous as well.
    One of my favorites is the pasta tagliani: chicken, bacon, prosciutto, broccoli sauteed with garlic oil, with fettuccine alfredo. $12.99 for 1/2 order, $15.99 for full order.
    The saltimboca, pompeii pesto, and chicken montalcino are also mmmMM! And Brenda loves the veal marsala.
    I recently, just for the variety, tried one of the panini, and it was bellisimo as well.

• razorbacker's Profile Photo

Texas Roadhouse: Yee- hah! Texas Roadhouse!

by razorbacker Updated Apr 21, 2009
    Facade, Texas Roadhouse, Peoria

Great comfort food and surroundings for any Southern exile. Yank'll like it, too! Always good food in a friendly, bustling, down-home atmosphere. Relaxed and family-friendly. C'mon down and say, "Howdy!"

Favorite Dish: I have to say I am exTREMEly partial to the baked sweet potato loaded with butter, brown sugar, and cinnamon. Can't go there for awhile though as I'm doing Atkins! Heck, EVERYthing's good there from the steaks to the prime rib to the chicken to the barbeque.
    While you're waiting to order there's a good-sized pail of peanuts-in-the-shell on your table to nibble on. And if there's a wait - as there often is in the evening, this being a VERY popular place - there's a big barrel of peanuts by the front doors.
    Anyhow, favorite? I'd have to say the steak. My wife loves the prime rib.

Elephant Bar Restaurant: Beautiful Food

by razorbacker Updated Apr 1, 2009
    Elephant Bar facade

This is where one can savor food to which Brenda has applied an appellation she's applied to no other. I still recall the first time she looked across the table and said in ecstasy, "This is 'beautiful food'!"

Favorite Dish: My favorite is the Pan-Pacific shrimp, that includes shrimp prepared in three ways, while Brenda's is the macadamia-crusted mahi-mahi.

• AVG2319's Profile Photo

China 7: Local Chinese Inexpensive

by AVG2319 Written Jun 19, 2008

This spot is located on 91st Ave & Union Hills tucked away in with the shops surrounding Fry's grocery.
    Good chinese food, friendly service, they have good prices and portions.

Favorite Dish: Orange Chicken, Hunan Beef Spicy

• AVG2319's Profile Photo

Abuelo's Mexican: Good Mexican food in Peoria

by AVG2319 Written Jun 19, 2008

I'll be honest had I not been given a gift card for this restaurant I probably would have never tried it, since it is not on the main road like the other restaurants. Nonetheless, we were impressed overall- the atmosphere and decor is nice inside, food was good and reasonably priced. We would visit again.

• trikertommy's Profile Photo

There are so many restaurants...

by trikertommy Written Oct 4, 2002

There are so many restaurants in North Peoria you could go to a different one every week and never catch up with the rate they are building them !My favorite is Texas Land & Cattle across from the baseball stadium.

Favorite Dish: Onion slivers and their steaks.

• razorbacker's Profile Photo

Abuelos: More pictures from Abuelos.

by razorbacker Written May 15, 2009
    Mural outside bathrooms.

Great food and ambiance. (See preceding primary tip.) Just had some more interior shots to share.

Favorite Dish: Enchiladas Veracruz.

Instant Answers: Peoria

Comments

Peoria Restaurants

Reviews and photos of Peoria restaurants posted by real travelers and locals. The best tips for Peoria sightseeing.