Phoenix Weather, Phoenix

Know about this? Rate It!

• Phoenix Weather
    by Tetreus
  • HeidiR's Profile Photo

Phoenix Weather

by HeidiR Written Sep 22, 2003

Favorite thing: Although summer in the desert is extremely hot, winter is just perfect. Its now September I have been living in Phoenix since January. This year 2003 has been an unusual yearfor weather, january saw the hottest one on record, Feb was the wettest on record, March and April were nice and warm, then May it started hotting up. June and July saw average temps of above 100 F. The hottest day this year was 116 F. August is hot but then there was some monsoons but nowhere near as many as people said there would be. Now its september its definitely cooling down, instead of it already being a 100 F when leaving for work its only about 80 F. The last couple of days have been well above average 107 F instead of the usuallyaverage high of 96 F.

Fondest memory: My fondest summer memory is going for swims late at night. Because the temperature never dropped below 100 F at night the water temperature was lovely. It was like getting into a nice warm bath.

Winter on the other hand we went for hot jacquzzis every night. Our visitors thought it would be too cold to get out but the weather was perfect.

• GreenScape55's Profile Photo

Incredible Weather

by GreenScape55 Updated Sep 11, 2009

Favorite thing: Rock Climb

Fondest memory: Everytime I visit Pheonix my uncle takes me to the Bank One Ballpark and we sit in his firm's season seats. The atmosphere there is like no other in the MLB. The people in AZ are so supportive of their D-Backs. It is a well engineered park made to fit thousands of screaming fans. The employees and concessions are some of the best I've ever seen. I would highly recommend catching a game out there if you get the chance. Make sure to book early at whatever Phoenix Hotel

-C. Parker