Know about this? Rate It!
Iffin ur lookin' fer a bit o...
Iffin ur lookin' fer a bit o dat ole West sorta attitude...Rawhide, in Scottsdale, just North East of Phoenix is a great place for a family or anyone to feel that old West feeling. If ya drive further, much further East, to the Tucson area you can visit Tombstone and view an historical re-enactment of the OK Coral. At certain times they have live performers acting this out! Tombstone is a lot of fun for people of all ages, too!
A taste of the West
North Scottsdale, out near the 4 Seasons Hotel at Reata Pass, an old Stage coach stop, is Greasewood Flats. Arguably the best Burger available at only $6 and that is with chili and cheese. Fantastic cowboy beans, pulled pork, chicken, nachos and salsa. Beers at $2 for domestic, little more for imports. Outdoor venue with 3 bars, tressle tables and benches, firepits around a dancefloor with live Country/Western/popular singer guitarist with about 5 CD's on the market. Best time, Thursday evening, more crowded Fri and Sat, bikers on Sunday. Rustic, great photo opportunities, wear jeans and shirts or anything casual.
- Budget Travel
- Save up to 50% on hotels.
- Hotwire.com Hotwire: Get a 4-star hotel for a 2-star price.
- Book now for big savings!
- Hotels.com Outstanding choice of hotels all over the world at fantastic prices.
Phoenix Travel Guide
Explore the World
- Maputo Hotels
- Douala Hotels
- Delhi Hotels
- Grand Haven State Park Hotels
- Jamaica Off The Beaten Path
- Atlanta Off The Beaten Path
- Nashville Off The Beaten Path
- Arizona Off The Beaten Path
- Toronto Off The Beaten Path
- Alabama Off The Beaten Path
- Crete Island Off The Beaten Path
- San Francisco Off The Beaten Path
- Quebec Off The Beaten Path
- Salt Lake City Off The Beaten Path
- Chattanooga Off The Beaten Path
- Ottawa Off The Beaten Path