Places to eat in Phoenix

Most Viewed Restaurants in Phoenix

• razorbacker's Profile Photo

Crazy Otto's: Good breakfasts, friendly staff

by razorbacker Written Apr 1, 2009

Excellent food, large portions, friendly folks, quirky ambiance. With a miniature railroad that occasionally runs to bring a free meal for one of the patrons present.

Favorite Dish: Can't go wrong with any of their huge omelets. Their hash browns are good, too.

Unassuming facade. Hash browns and omelette. Biscuits and gravy, hash browns, and omelette. Plain facade.

• SedonaDee's Profile Photo

The Capital Grille - Scottsdale: Classy, Romantic, & Steaks Cooked to Perfection!

by SedonaDee Updated Mar 22, 2009

Lovely & terrific restaurant for special occasions. We stopped in without a reservation to celebrate our anniversary. Luckily, they had a table available. They asked if we were celebrating a special occasion and we said it was our anniversary. When we got to the table, there was a red rose petal heart on the table, and the white tablecloth was sprinkled with red confetti hearts. There was also a hand-written anniversary card awaiting us. Such a nice touch when we hadn't even made a reservation!

The service was top-notch, decor was sort of old-world British with dark wood, large historic-looking portraits, and even some game animal heads adorning the walls. You may dine outside or inside. The bar looked inviting and beautiful, but we skipped that as we were seated quickly.

This restaurant is known for its top of the line steaks and they were delicious and cooked perfectly. The wine list is extensive and it would take a couple of days to study it properly. I highly recommend this restaurant for any special occasion or a romantic night out. You can dress up or go casual. All was acceptable.

Favorite Dish: Even though steaks are what they are famous for and my sirloin steak and my husband's Delmonico steak were superb, I want to say that the New England Clam Chowder was some of the best I've ever had, and I'm truly picky when it comes ot clam chowder. Also, the Caesar salad was excellent with large, thin shavings of Parmesan cheese.

This restaurant is open for lunch or dinner.

Main course selections for dinner were:
    -Dry Aged Sirloin Steak - 14 oz.
    -Dry Aged Porterhouse Steak - 24 oz.
    -Dry Aged Steak au Poivre with Courvoisier Cream - 14 oz.
    -Filet Mignon - 10 to 14 oz
    -Filet Oscar
    -Delmonico Steak - 22 oz.
    -Veal Chop with Roquefort Butter
    -Double Cut Lamb Rib Chops (4)
    -Roasted Chicken

There are also nightly specials, of course.

Front of The Capital Grille Dark, romantic, & classy feel of the interior.
    • Luxury Travel

• jumpingnorman's Profile Photo

Picazzo's: YUMMY Picazzo's Gourmet Pizza!

by jumpingnorman Written Oct 25, 2008

Picazzo’s Gourmet Pizza and Salads

My daughter loves the chicken wings at this place and I, on the other hand, love gourmet pizzas (specially the artichoke loaded pizza). There’s a variety of seven sauces, nine cheeses and 35 toppings. The salads are awesome as well.

The Shops at Gainey Village
    Scottsdale & Doubletree Ranch Rds

The Promenade, Scottsdale Rd & Frank Lloyd Wright Blvd

Favorite Dish: artichoke pizza

Twins goofing around before eating pizza in AZ

• AVG2319's Profile Photo

Santisi Brothers Pizzeria: New York Pizza Sports Bar & Grille

by AVG2319 Updated Jun 19, 2008

This is a great place to visit if you are a Sport's Fan. This place is packed for games. There are Big Screen TV's everywhere. Their website says they have 100 TV's. I believe it!

Great New York Style Pizza, Buffalo Wings, Salad bar. This is a fun place to eat! If you are out this way stop in.

Favorite Dish: Buffalo Wings- best I've had in the Valley

• Beer Tasting
    • Singles

• Guzzie19's Profile Photo

Pino's Pizza al Centro: Feel the home made italy

by Guzzie19 Written May 4, 2008

This place is awesome! Is very tiny place but business moves very fast. They dont open saturday and sunday because most of their business is made during the week days. Their pizza is delicious and reasonable prices. If you are on the heathy side, try one of the salads. Service is fast!. Lunch hours is also very crowded due to the hospital and many business in the area.

The owner is a true you must know food is deliciousssss!
    M-F10 am to 2 / 5 to 8 pm

Favorite Dish: The best Calzone in town!

• Guzzie19's Profile Photo

Oregano's: Great italian food

by Guzzie19 Updated May 4, 2008

Delicious food and great atmosphere for lunch or dinner. Waiters are very polite and give good service. If you want to sit outside you are free to do it, and also the bar to enjoy a drink.
    Lunch time is sometimes very crowded... but the time wait worth the trip. Extensive menu to choose from between pizza and delicious pastas.

Favorite Dish: Pesto Pizza! Dont forget to try their best dessert: a cookie pizza topped with chocolate chip ice cream

• Cajun Seafod Corner: Cajun/ Creole food in Mesa!!!

by crazeyjoe Written Nov 27, 2007

It's great to finally have a great cajun/ creole style restaurant within a short driving distance. The only other cajun/ creole style restaurants in the Phoenix area (that I know of) are Pappadeaux's on I-17 and Dunlap ave. and Baby Kay's on 20th st. and Camelback both in Phoenix.

The Cajun Seafood Corner restaurant is "hidden" in an unassuming strip mall that houses an Albertson's grocery store. This is a family run restaurant that a couple from southeast Texas opened after relocating here. This quaint retsaurant features a small bar with about 10 or so tables, a few Texas license plates, other decors, a large screen plasma TV and a Karaoke PA system.

Everything on the menu is under $10!!!

The food is why I go there. For lunch, try one of their Po' Boy sandwiches... chicken ($6.25), popcorn shrimp and catfish ($6.45), crawfish, oysters and alligator ($6.95). They come with a side of "cajun" fries (which are fries seasoned with cayenne pepper).

Keep in mind they have the same menu for both lunch and dinner. I prefer the Po' Boys for lunch. They also serve...

Seafood Gumbo ($7.25), Crawfish Etouffee ($7.95), Jambalaya ($7.95), Finger Lickin' Crawfish ($7.99/ lb.) (when in season), Chicken Salad ($6.95), Head on Shrimp ($9.95/ lb.), Chicken Crunch (chicken fingers seasoned with cayenne pepper) includes a side of "cajun" fries ($6.99). This is not the whole menu but should give you a good idea. And, yes, NOT EVERYTHING IS SEAFOOD! So you non- seafood eating folks can enjoy this place as well. I also recommend the Abita Turbodog beer. It is a stout beer from southern Louisiana!

Lastly, their food is mildly spiced. If you want more kick, ask for extra spicy, which IMO is medium spicy. If you want firery spicy then tell them to make it burn!!!

Favorite Dish: So far, the Crawfish Etouffee and both the Crawfish and Clam Po' Boys are my faves. Whether you're from or visited Cajun country or you simply want to try something new, try the Cajun Seafod Corner. I'm glad I did!!!

• Atlas Bistro: Great food AND wine, done right - priced right

by vpatui Written May 27, 2007

Coming from California, I was suprised to learn that very few restaurants in Arizona will allow you to BYOB. You are usually left choosing from a very limited list of so-so wines which have been tripled in price. Not so, the Atlas Bistro. You enter through the AZ Wine Co, a destination in itself. Great wines very reasonably priced. We quickly browsed the Pinot Noir aisle while waiting for our table and were very impressed. A beautiful Etude was spotted very near a great Domain Serene. Both priced under $40. I knew I was going to be happy, at least as far as the wine went. The Champagne selection was equally good, with great prices. We chose a bottle of 'J' for $27. It works like this: You order your meal, then you go select your wine from their extensive collection! If you need help - they're there to assist. You can bring your own bottle if you choose. A very nominal corkage fee ($10/bottle) is charged. We chose the set price menu, 4 courses for $52. That's a bargin in the land where a steak on an empty plate can set you back $50. The starters we chose included the Pork Carnitas Napolian and the Salmon sashimi plate and the lamb gyro. The lamb was a deconstructed gyro with a beautiful lamb loin sliced and served on top. All the starters were fantastic - alive with flavor and freshness. We chose both the hot and cold soups, the cold, a modern take on Gaspachio and a wonderful creamy lemongrass soup with oxtail ravioli for the hot soup. It was quiet at the table as we attacked our food. My main course, Chimichuri Grass fed filet mignon was prepared to perfection, served with a potato gallet that fought to take top billing from the fillet. My wife's scallops were perfectly done served with wild shrimp and spatzel. Totally fantastic. Dessert was over the top at that point, we were full, satiated, and with our wine selections, happy. But as true warriors, we sucked it up and ate it anyway. Truly a memorable meal. We vowed to come back soon and make another attempt to conquer the menu as we waddled out the door.

Favorite Dish: The flavors and composition of all the dishes was fantastic. If I had to pick a favorite, it would have to be the Pork Carnitas Napolian. A wonderful take on southwest flavors.

• Spa and Resort

• VeronicaG's Profile Photo

Michael's: Divine in Scottsdale

by VeronicaG Updated May 4, 2007

Michael's was definitely a cut above most restaurants. As a welcome to the business conference we attended, a group of us were invited to a delightful feast in Scottsdale.

As we entered, each was given a choice or red or white wine, then shown to a breezy little veranda where we conversed and relaxed after a day of travel.

Multiple trays of savory hors d'oeuvres were passed by waiters--the selection was excellent and consisted of chicken or shrimp plus another meat. After a generous amount of time, we were conducted to our tables.

Michael's specializes in American cuisine with an Italian influence. As far as we were concerned, that combination was a hit!

We were served iceberg salad with basil which was marinated in tomatoes with grapes and gorgonzola cheese. Next, I selected the chicken saltimbocca on butter poached fingerling potatoes and peppered bacon, from a choice of three entrees. The repast was sumptuous. Dessert with seasonal creme brulee' with fruit and sorbet ended the meal.

Since we did not pay for the meal, I have no idea what it cost. I would recommend Michael's to anyone if you'd like a touch of romance, fine dining and a wonderful evening.

courtesy of Michael's Restaurant
    • Singles
    • Women's Travel
    • Seniors

• queencreekfreak's Profile Photo

TICOZ Resto-Bar: Urban Latin Food

by queencreekfreak Written Apr 29, 2007

I love this place! The food is excellent and the ambience even better. The decor is fresh and hip. They have a beautiful dining area, patio and bar. A great place to sit and have a drink or appetizer. Hip Adult atmosphere, leave the kiddies at home.

Favorite Dish: We enjoyed the street tacos in beef or shrimp. Their calamari was tender and delicious , servied with an interesting sort of tomatillo sauce for dipping. I had an excellent sort of panini sandwich with shredded beef. Many of the dishes are served with corn dusted waffle fries. The presentations are great. The service is good too.

Check out the full menu on their website.

Outdoor Patio The long bar at Ticoz Good Food, excellent presentation
    • Gay and Lesbian
    • Business Travel

• hersheybar's Profile Photo

Caffe Boa: Hit it during Happy Hour!

by hersheybar Written Jan 29, 2007

I got there during the daily Happy Hour when the appetizers are half price if you are sitting in the bar area. It was not very crowded since it was still late afternoon so I opted for sitting there.
    I have my receipt in front of me so I can still write the ones I selected of the menu.....the Shrimp Adriatico and the Istria Insalata. The shrimp got soaked up in the bread..........

Favorite Dish: The loaves of bread that kept bringing me!

• queencreekfreak's Profile Photo

by queencreekfreak Written Mar 14, 2006

Fez has a modern ambience, hip music, cool atmosphere. Excellent food and great martini and wine list. I recently had lunch with some colleagues at this hip eatery. We were pleasantly surprised. The food was fantastic. One of my co-workers had a lovely strawberry/blueberry almond salad that looked totally tasty. I myself enjoyed the Casablanca Chicken Sandwich - grilled checken breasts, pomegranate vinaigrette, goat cheese, sliced pears, dried cherries and field greens on ciabatta. It was awsome. We shared some excellent Kisra Bread with garlicky hummus, also great. We will definitely return. Now I want to go there for happy hour.

Favorite Dish: Loved the Casablanca Chicken Sandwich. It had an excellent taste and the dried cherries added a wonderful tartness that complimented the other ingredients.

happy lunch diners at FEZ
    • Business Travel
    • Wine Tasting

• changeinlatitude's Profile Photo

Cooper's Tpwm: Great Food

by changeinlatitude Written Mar 13, 2006

What a fun place and great food. The portions are huge. There is indoor and outdoor seating and from what I understand, it is quite a happening place at night.

If you are into baseball memorabilia, you will enjoy looking at Alice's collection throughout the restaurant. There are plenty of TV's, so you can watch just about any sporting event happening at the time.

Check out the shop and make sure you get a t-shirt.

Favorite Dish: Grilled chicken sandwich. The fries are WONDERFUL!!

• Study Abroad

• lashr1999's Profile Photo

Tapas Restaurant Scottsdale: Tapas Restaurant Scottsdale

by lashr1999 Written Mar 3, 2006

Inside the Restaurant are banquettes in faux suede, artificial flowers and red colorations. We sat on one of the cozy outside tables to sample some of the Spanish food. I ordered a dish of pork flavored with pears which comes with choriza and potatoes. My mother ordered one of the fish dishes.The service was excellent, the water was filled. I had asked that I be served the dessert first and it was brought out right away. I opted for the fried ice cream. I am not sure if it was fried but it is ice cream covered in chopped nuts. It was excellent and a nut lovers dream. The main courses were good. My mother enjoyed her dish as I did mine. The pork would have been bland if it was offered alone. However, the choriza punched it up a bit and complemented it.

Favorite Dish: The fried Ice cream!

Tapas Restaurant Scottsdale Tapas Restaurant Scottsdale Tapas Restaurant Scottsdale

• AVG2319's Profile Photo

Bamboo Grille: Bamboo Grille Nice Asian Restaurant

by AVG2319 Written Nov 29, 2005

Near the Movie theater and within the shopping center. Nice spot to stop and eat. Bar area. Food is good and staff are nice. I love orange chicken, sesame chicken, i just love asian food :-) They have a bar area here and used to have a huge fish tank, but not sure if that is still there.

Favorite Dish: Orange Chicken,sesame chicken, hunan beef -all is good here.

Phoenix Hotels

Radisson Hotel Phoenix Airport
Royal Palms

Instant Answers: Phoenix

Phoenix Restaurants

Travel tips and advice posted by real travelers and Phoenix locals.
Map of Phoenix