Top 5 My top 5 restaurants in Phoenix and area, Phoenix

5 out of 5 stars 4 Reviews

PHOENIX AND AROUND

• Mi Bandera (and the infamous red chili pepper!)
    Mi Bandera (and the infamous red chili...
    Jen
    Interior view
  • HeidiR's Profile Photo

Top 5: My top 5 restaurants in Phoenix and area

by HeidiR Written Jan 4, 2004

I would love this catogory to catch on. Please list your top 5 favourite restaurant in Phoenix and the surrounding areas and state why you have selected them. Please update your list as you try new restaurants.
    1. Oreganos pizza Bistro, 523 N University drive Tempe 8528. I choose this restaurant as it is cheap, fantastic pizza, I love pizza and best of all fantastic dessert (Warm Pizza dough cookie with either white or brown chocolate chips covered with Icecream).
    2. Bamboo club, 699 Mill Avenue, Tempe. I love chienese food and this restaurant has some of the tastiest I have tasted in the US. I find many of the restaurants have rather tastless chienese food. I also like PF Changs.
    3. Roys Pacific Rim Cuisine 7001 North Scottsdale Road - This is a more upmarket priced restaurant, expect to pay about $25 for a main course. Very tasty food. Excellent range of fish dishes, good choose of dessert. However when I visited found the service a little slow. Great bread. Definitely a top choose for a special occasion.

Favorite Dish: 4. Cheesecake factory-OK I know this is a rather big chain but the menu is really extensive ranging from burgers-pizza-pasta-specialities. Not to forget the fantastic range of cheesecakes. This is a must to try, although I am disappointed now that they have got rid of the tuna burger.
    5. Franco's 2501 E. Camelback Road, another one for the special occasion although cheaper than Roy's, great italian cooking, excellent service.

• In no particular order...: Great Local Places

by TraciG Updated Sep 8, 2008

1. Richardsons - 16th St & Bethany Home, SW Cuisine... try the Bacon Wrapped Shrimp appetizer and the prickly pear margaritas.

2. Delux - 32nd Street and Camelback - sandwiches and salads. EXCELLENT sweet potato fries.

3. Fuego Bistro - 7th Street and Palo Verde (just south of Bethany Home), Latin Fusion... the pork dish is amazing. Tiny place, 8 tables - make reservations if you want to go on a weekend

4. Havana Cafe - 42nd Street and Camelback, Cuban and Puerto Rican cuisine... try the picadillo or the Caribbean pork

5. Chelsea's Kitchen - 40th Street and Camelback, American cuisine... try the Ceviche or the Roast Chicken

Favorite Dish: Most of the restaurants listed have entrees priced in the high teens. Richardson's can run a bit more than that, depending upon your choice.

www.deluxburger.com
    www.fuegobistro.com
    www.havanacafe-az.com
    www.chelseaskitchenaz.com

• razorbacker's Profile Photo

Mi Comida Restaurante Latino: Heaven on a Platter!

by razorbacker Updated Aug 4, 2011

Mi Bandera (and the infamous red chili pepper!)

Mi Comida (My Food) formerly known as Mi Cocina, Mi Pais (My Kitchen, My Country) serves up absolutely wonderful South American food in plenteous portions at rock-bottom prices. the food is mainly Peruvian, Ecuadoran, and Colombian, but there are cameos from various other South American nations, including Argentina.
    Rosa Rosa is reportedly the owner though I've never met her. She is probably the brilliant chef back in the kitchen, but what comes through the door is something to cheer about. Fantastico!
    THE GREATEST Latino cooking in town, and there is plenty of competition!
    We have been eating there for years. The food is invariably the very finest, what Brenda calls "beautiful food" for more than just it's looks.
    Also, my daughter, Jen, has one of her happiest memories there, making her laugh hysterically every time she remembers my encounter with the HOTTEST little chili pepper this side of hellfire!

Favorite Dish: Mi Bandera (My Flag), a combination plate. The empanadas are great. Queen Arepa, Sampler Platter Tamales, etc., etc., etc.! I love drinking the chicha morada. There is NOTHING on the menu that is not muy delicioso. PICK something! You CAN'T go wrong!

• Adventure Travel

• silvia-m.b's Profile Photo

I love eat!!!! Several...

by silvia-m.b Updated Aug 25, 2002

I love eat!!!! Several interesting places:
    Avanti
    Fish Market
    Chili's
    Garcia's (I love mexican food!!!!! 'Méjico lindo, Guate aquí hay tomate!)
    Bobby Mc Gee's Conglomeration (steak!)
    Pinnacle Peak Patio