sports, Phoenix

by BruceDunning
  • sports
    by BruceDunning
  • LaceyAdkisson's Profile Photo

Buffalo Wild Wings: Wings and Sports nothing better!

by LaceyAdkisson Written Apr 2, 2009

When you walk in it has TV's everywhere! Usually with the popular fight or Basketball game on that night. Any table is a good table. I prefer the high tops. The wait staff is friendly and the ambiance is like a Hooters and a beer pub.
    They have AMAZING specials as well! Like 20 cent wings or 99cent chicken strips, and the draft beers are VERY reasonable.
    The next UFC fight or football game I'll be looking for a buffalo wild wings!

Favorite Dish: Wings were defiantly my dish of choice, with all the varieties of sauces and spicy levels of taste, they hit it right on the nose! I have to say there chili cheeses fries weren't half bad either! A little on the greasy side, but made my beer slide down even smoother :)

• goingsolo's Profile Photo

Fox's Sports Bar: Fox's Sports Bar

by goingsolo Written Jan 15, 2005

Fox's is actually in Scottsdale, but the two cities are practically intertwined so I'm putting the tip here. This is the place to go if you want to watch a football game. The large bar has televisions aplenty and its satellite dish allows you to watch games you would not ordinarily see in the southwest, such as my beloved Hurricanes.

The 'Canes did not fare so well on the day of my visit, but you can't fault this place for that. I didn't eat here, but the typical bar food looked and smelled pretty good.

• Aaron7's Profile Photo

Stadium Club: Stadium Club

by Aaron7 Written Jun 11, 2004

This is a sports bar, with a supreme emphasis on viewing a variety of sports. Everywhere you look in this bar there are televisions. There is a big screen in one corner of the bar, which at the time was featuring game three of the NBA finals. The other sets hanging from the ceiling in clusters and at each table along the wall had any number of different programs from monster truck racing to baseball to dog and horse racing. And at this bar you can bet on the various races as they come up. We had a few wins at the table on the dog races as they came up. Happy hour runs until seven pm with reduced drink and menu specials.

Favorite Dish: Sliders seemed to be the most popular thing on the menu, though I never tried any. They are a basket of small burgers with optional jalapeno peppers. I had the nachos, which were decent though they weren't anything spectacular. For this place it's the entertainment, not the food.

Instant Answers: Phoenix