Phoning home, Phoenix

by lashr1999 Written Mar 3, 2006

Chief Dodge
    1332 N Scottsdale Road
    Scottsdale, AZ 85257

Enticed by the colorful brochure of Chief Dodge Indian Jewelry and Fine Arts, my mother proceeded to ask me every five minutes if we could go there. My mother though that it was a large flea market type of store, where she could purchase cheap Native American goods. We took a cab costing $20 to get there. What we found was a small store in a mini-mall. It sold good quality merchandise however, the prices were high. This was not a place to find a good deal. My mother brought 2 pairs of earring which she was happy about. I then pointed out it was not so much of a deal when you figure in the cab fare to get here. Oh, well at least my mother did not bother me again to go to other places in brochures she saw during this trip.

Bottom Line: They have quality merchandise but expect to pay for it.

• mafootje's Profile Photo

Calling home from the US.....

by mafootje Updated Jun 23, 2003

Calling home from the US.. There are a few ways to call from the US to your friend and family at home..

Unique Suggestions: You can put money in pay-phones, call from your hotel, use your mobile or use a calling card.. You can buy prepaid calling cards at shops, gas stations and newsstands.

Fun Alternatives: We use a calling (credit) card it can be used from payphones, private phones and hotel phones (beware most hotels charge you for using their phone even when it's a free number). With this card you call a free number and then your card number after this you can call home at a much nicer rate you would get elsewhere.

We have used a KPN and a Onetel card but are currently using one from Primus Telegroup because it was the cheapest we could find but if you have a beter one please let us know.

The card itself is free no annual fees you'll only pay when you use it

Instant Answers: Phoenix