Places to eat in Arizona

BIG breakfast!

Most Viewed Restaurants in Arizona

Trail Rider's: Average Food, Good Value in Eagar

by Basaic Written Sep 20, 2013

$12 as of July 2012. Trail Riders has a menu of steaks, chicken, pork chops and fish along with sandwiches. Meals come with a choice of potatoes, a vegetable, soup or salad bar, and a drink. I had some grilled tilapia with mashed potatoes and green beans with a cup of soup. Portions were pretty good and it was a good value for the price. Service was about average.

Favorite Dish: The tilapia was average tasting but there was a lot of it.

Trail Rider's Trail Rider's Inside My Dinner
    • Beer Tasting

Olive Garden: Crispy Calamari & Limoncello Mousse

by Africancrab Written May 26, 2013

I like Olive Garden, but I had not eaten at one since Alexander was 4 months old. Today we decided to go and eat at the one across from Walmart. We were greeted and seated at a corner table in the bar area. Alexander was asleep so it felt like Mark and I, were on a date.

I ordered the Italian Margarita (this was a first for me)
    Mark ordered a Blue Moon draft beer.

For an appetizer, we went with the calamari, we asked that it be made crispy.

Main course:
    Mark got the Shrimp Vesuvio
    I got the mixed grill, my steak was well done
    Each of our main courses came with a side of either salad or soup. We both took the salad which was served in a large bowl. For once I even asked for grated cheese on my salad. I guess I was just hungry, it did taste delicious!

For desert, I was tempted by the limoncello mousse, it was delicious but incredibly sweet. I had to drink lots of water after dinner to get rid of the sweetness that remained in my throat after desert.

All in all, our dinner was delicious and service much improved from the last time I wrote an Olive Garden review. I'm not sure if the management changed or if they just got better service people. Either way, I was happy with my experience.

The bill was handsome, but I was happy to pay $65 for a wonderful dinner for 2.

PS: "If it looks good, eat it" - Andrew Zimmermann

Favorite Dish: The Crispy Calamari appetizer

Crispy Calamari for an appetizer Mixed Grill for the main course Limoncello Mousse for desert Salad Italian Margarita

New China Super Buffet: Luke-warm Chinese Buffet

by Africancrab Written Mar 31, 2012

I have eaten at many Chinese restaurants and buffets, none was as disappointing as this one. When someone talks Chinese, the immediate thought is 'foreign and different as in not everyday food'. Even as a pregnant woman, I could tell that the food was bad, despite the cravings.

I did not return after 3 visits because nothing was different. Service is mediocre and the interior is not all that welcoming. What is even worse is the luke-warm buffet.
    Price range: $7-12 per person

Pizza Hut Italian Bistro: Delicious Broccoli Cheddar Soup and Penne Alfredo

by Africancrab Written Mar 31, 2012

I do like Italian cuisine. This Pizza Hut offers a great menu for both sit downs and take-away. My daughter and I, have eaten here on several occasions, and ordered out on more than one count. My favorite sit in dish is the Penne Alfredo. when we order out, I normally order thin crusted pizza with veggie toppings. I have never been disappointed. I would recommend this Bistro over the Olive Garden in Sierra Vista.
    Seeing as their food is really good, it does get very busy for both dinner and lunch. It is close to the military base and located mid town, attracting a big clientele. I believe they take reservations, however I have always been a walk in.

Favorite Dish: Penne Alfredo

• Business Travel

• Africancrab's Profile Photo

La Casita Restaurant & Cantina: Great Carnitas!!

by Africancrab Written Mar 31, 2012

Sierra Vista is a small town by any measure. A few good restaurants exist for different cuisines. For Mexican cuisine, La Casita is consistently good and reasonably prices. I ate at the restaurant weekly when I was pregnant, more craving than anything else. I decided to return to the restaurant after giving birth to make sure that the food was as tasty as it was while my hormones were flying every which way.

Well I'm glad to report that the food is good, nothing to write home about, but worth the price they charge. I ordered their carnitas and they were mouth watering.

The service is always good, and the place is clean. Interior typical of Mexican decorating.
    Recommended for families, couples, friends, business professionals and all.

Favorite Dish: Carnitas

Olive Garden Italian Restaurant: Poor Service, Delectable Food

by Africancrab Written Mar 31, 2012

I took my husband to the Olive Garden to celebrate his birthday. It has been a while since I have had Italian food, however it is one of the cuisines on the top of my food list. The Olive Garden is known to be one of the best Italian Chain restaurants in the United states. You can find one in any big city.

The one in Sierra Vista is located right on Highway 90, within the super Walmart shopping center. This location ensure that it is busy all the time. We arrived at a quarter to 12:00 noon which was a mistake considering all the working class people were there for lunch. Service became slow, but the food quality did not diminish. We were served the salad immediately but our main meal and drinks took a little over 20 minutes.

The free bowl of fresh salad is a big plus for the Olive Garden. I loved the salad, a mix of fresh tomatoes, onions, cucumber, lettuce garnished with Italian dressing. My daughter ordered the crispy Lazagna bits, I had the Chicken Marsala and Mark ordered the crusted Parmesan shrimp. All were delicious, Mark remarked he was pleasantly surprised.

I prefer the Olive Garden in Tucson. This one was way too expensive for a chain restaurant with questionable service. It is sad that it is one of the few decent restaurants in this military town. The interior was inviting though!

Price Range: $16 - 25

Favorite Dish: Parmesan Chicken Marsala

• Kuzuzangpola's Profile Photo

The Mission Restaurant: Latin flavor off the main drag in Scottsdale!

by Kuzuzangpola Written Mar 17, 2012

The Mission Restaurant sits in a quiet part of town, away from the main drag, and is quite unassuming from the outside (a small mission building with limited signage). The atmosphere is comfortable, warm and inviting, and the flavors they create are over the top!

Favorite Dish: Duck Carnitas Empanada - duck + foie gras + orange + habanero + oregano + mushroom + queso oaxaca...the combination of these ingredients is amazing! I sat outside by the fireplace and enjoyed a margarita with dinner, savoring every bite.

outside dining area at The Mission
    • Business Travel

• Chuck0's Profile Photo

Desert Ridge Rock Bottom Restaurant: Awesome food and beer

by Chuck0 Updated Apr 4, 2011

One of the best places I've stopped at. I have the brew masters IPA - sooo good. Coming from the Northwest, I have to say I get my fill of great beers, but the hoppy IPA I had today was awesome. I followed that with the award winning Stout - which got four thumbs up. Even if your not a stout person - this one will change you. We had the smoked salmon fish and fries - so good. You can taste the salmon and the batter wasn't too thick. The children pizza was fun - I wish they had a few black olives for them to put on there. A Ruben sandwich filled up the other little one - with only half of the sandwich! I had the Sunday special - Prime rib 14oz. I have to tell you I try Prime Rib wherever I go. This one was tasty, juicy, and succulent. There was very little fat, and what there was - was very little and added just the right amount of flavor. You know when it's good when you don't need to dunk it, when there is no need for horseradish. It was excellent.

Favorite Dish: I have to say the prime rib. I've really had no better.

• Beer Tasting

• Elote Cafe: good food in Sedona

by kastoriani Updated Apr 4, 2011

Comfortable restaurant. Outdoor seating is an option. Fresh, tasty food. Friendly staff. Whatever dishes Corey the bartender (who worked the bar perfectly) recommended were delicious. Local beer options.

• National/State Park
    • Hiking and Walking

Dot's Diner: Old Style Diner in Bisbee

by Basaic Updated Apr 4, 2011

Dot's Diner was built in 1957 and is associated with the Shady Dell RV Park. It is tiny and can accomodate only about 10 people at a time. Food tends toward hot dogs and hamburgers. An interesting experience. Dot's Diner is now open 7 days a week, from 7 AM to 2:30 PM.

Dot's Diner

• edwis's Profile Photo

CAFE BOA - On Mill Ave: Best stop in Tempe

by edwis Updated Apr 4, 2011

Great Euro style bistro / unbelieveable wine selection including Wine Spectator Award in 2007, fun staff, little funky, mixed crowd, feels comfortable.... and some wonderful meal selections

Favorite Dish: voodoo pasta, and osso buco my favorite / any of the Chef's daily specials

%s4The Hostess Station wall in restaurant Me, Mike, & owner Cafe Boa - wine tasting event! tomato appetizer Cafe Boa, w/ fresh Burrata cheese bouilabaisse fish soup w/ crab & lobster WOW
    • Wine Tasting

Bunbuku: Asian Food in Sierra Vista with Friendly People

by Basaic Updated Apr 4, 2011

Bunbuku is a Japanese/Korean Restaurant in Sierra Vista located at 297 W. Fry Boulevard. It is located in a storefront in a strip mall. The decor is simple and Asian. It is open from 11 AM to 9 PM Monday through Saturday, and 12 PM to 9 PM on Sunday. Bunbuku serves lunch and dinner. A dinner entrees and drinks will run you about $10 (less at lunch). Portions are generous; and the food is very good. They also serve Sushi and Steak. They bring you a variety of side dishes and will replenish them at no charge if you ask nicely. The cashier/hostess/wait staff are polite and attentive. Photo(s) soon.

Favorite Dish: I prefer the Bulgogi or the Ton Gasu (Pork Cutlet).

Bunbuku

La Casita: A Mexican Tradition in Sierra Vista

by Basaic Updated Apr 4, 2011

La Casita is a Mexican Restaurant in Sierra Vista located at 465 E. Fry Boulevard. It is open from 11 AM to 9 PM Monday through Thursday; 11AM to 10 PM Friday; 11 AM to 9:30 PM Saturday; and 11 AM to 8 PM on Sunday. La Casita serves lunch and dinner. It also has take out, a full catering service and a banquet room. It has been in operation in Sierra Vista for 17 years. Two dinner entrees and drinks will run you a little over $20. Portions are pretty generous and the food is pretty good. The cashier/hostess and the wait staff are polite and attentive. Don't forget the 4 PM to 7 PM Happy Hour. Great Margaritas. Bring a designated driver. Photo(s) soon.

Favorite Dish: Love those Margaritas!!

La Casita

Daisy Mae's Stronghold: Great Steak in Sierra Vista

by Basaic Updated Apr 4, 2011

Daisy Mae's Stronghold is a steakhouse in Sierra Vista located at 332 N. Garden Avenue next to the Sun Canyon Inn. It is open from 4 PM to 9:30 PM Monday through Thursday; 4 PM to 10 PM Friday and Saturday; and 4 PM to 9 PM on Sunday. They serve Mesquite Grilled Steaks and Daisy Mae's was voted one of the 25 best steakhouses in the US. Daisy Mae's serves lunch and dinner. Two dinner entrees and a drink will run you a little over $30. Portions are generous; and the food is very good. There is also a full service bar. Daisy Mae's is an historic landmark. It was here during the time of the old west, and was a brothel serving Fort Huachuca. There is a story that one of the rooms is haunted by the ghost of a dead man killed in an argument over a prostitute.

Favorite Dish: The Mesquite Grilled Steak or the Teriyaki Steak. Great ribs too.

Daisy Mae's Daisy Mae's

• kymbanm's Profile Photo

Route 66 Bar and Grille: Route 66 Bar and Grille ..... fun and food:)

by kymbanm Updated Apr 4, 2011

I wandered off I-40 at the Bellemont exit to visit the local Harley Davidson store and stretch my legs. While there, i noticed a little restaurant and had to explore ...

There is a little salad bar, and a small 8 item menu on each table. The decor is sort of 50's with a bar to the right, and tables to the left. They serve peanuts in the shell in doggie bowls ... that was enough for me, I was hooked!

Oh, did I mention that the grille is in a corner to the left of the door? An easy location for you to grille your own meal :) Yup, you cook your own meat selection ... so if you don't like it, just blame yourself!

There is a ballroom w/ a stage, so I suspect this place is hopping on the weekends. There is also a garage showroom to the back w/ show cars ... so enjoy your meal and your cruise to this little stop off I-40.

Photo op in the parking lot :)

Arizona Hotels

577 Reviews - 1423 Photos
Holbrook Hotels
46 Reviews - 177 Photos

Instant Answers: Arizona

Comments

Arizona Restaurants

Reviews and photos of Arizona restaurants posted by real travelers and locals. The best tips for Arizona sightseeing.
Map of Arizona