Scottsdale Restaurants

Most Recent Restaurants in Scottsdale

Paradise Bakery and Cafe: Love the muffins

by blueskyjohn Updated Apr 19, 2014

large bakery with plenty of seating. I stopped in for a muffin. Tried the chocolate chip and banana. It was very good. What I liked about it was that they have chocolate chips throughout the muffin, not just sprinkled on top. Wish I had one of these muffins right now.

They also have wifi available.

Monday 7:00 am – 9:00 pm
    Sunday 8:00 am – 6:00 pm

• Seniors

Daily Dose: Good food but strange staff

by blueskyjohn Updated Apr 19, 2014

Nice place located in the Old Town section. A little strange in a few ways. Waiter came to my table and shook my hand as he introduce himself. At other tables he actual sat down at the table with the guest to talk orders. I dine out a lot and this was a new experience. There is indoor seating and some outdoor seating on a patio along the street.

Food was good. I order the southwest breakfast wrap. It was filled with chorizo, mozzarella, 2 eggs and avocado.

Other strange thing was after I paid the bill my change was returned short. Only 22 cents but its the point. I'm thinking it was deliberate since my bill was $10.78, they only gave me back $9 from the $20 I handed them.

Monday 7:00 am – 9:00 pm
    Saturday 7:00 am – 9:00 pm
    Sunday 7:00 am – 9:00 pm

Cool Gelato Italiano: Worth trying to find

by blueskyjohn Updated Apr 18, 2014

Located in the Scottsdale Mall there are signs throughout the mall pointing the direction to Cool. Good thing because I never would have found it. Very small place. Some indoor and outdoor seating. I had the chocolate gelato. It was excellent. I stopped in around 7:30pm and there was hardly anyone there. Very relaxing to sit by a fountain and eat your gelato.

Would definitely repeat.

Saturday 12:00 – 9:00 pm
    Sunday 12:00 – 8:00 pm

Rehab Burger Therapy: Great burger place

by blueskyjohn Updated Apr 18, 2014

Cool name for an excellent burger place. The burgers are on the extreme side. They come in two sizes, Rehab (10oz) and Relapse (5oz).

I order the chili burger and a pretzel bun. It comes with options for sides. I had the sweet potato tots and a side of chipotle aioli. I was glad I ordered the relapse burger because it was loaded with chili. So much so it could not be picked up.

The burger and chili were great. The best was the sweet potato tots.

Definitely repeat.

Monday 11:00 am – 9:00 pm
    Tuesday 11:00 am – 9:00 pm
    Friday 11:00 am – 11:00 pm
    Saturday 11:00 am – 11:00 pm
    Sunday 10:00 am – 9:00 pm

• blueskyjohn's Profile Photo

Sugar Bowl: Great ice cream desserts!

by blueskyjohn Updated Apr 17, 2014

This is a nice place for ice cream. They specialize in ice cream floats and banana splits. All the seating in the restaurant is pink. There is also a small game room for the children to play and burn off some of that sugar from the ice cream.

I stopped in after dinner one evening. Friendly staff but not many ice cream flavor options. I had the dutch chocolate with hot fudge and it was very good.

Monday 11:00 am – 10:00 pm
    Tuesday 11:00 am – 10:00 pm
    Friday 11:00 am – 12:00 am
    Saturday 11:00 am – 12:00 am
    Sunday 11:00 am – 10:00 pm

The Mission: Unnecessary long waits for a table

by blueskyjohn Updated Apr 16, 2014

This is a very popular Mexican restaurant. They accept reservations but fill quickly. However I found some issue with this policy and how/when they seat you. I arrived around 6:30pm. I called ahead and found they had no seats available for reservation but I can come in and wait for a table or sit at the bar. When I arrived I was told it would be a 45 minute wait for a table. I put my name on the list and waited. While waiting I noticed 4 tables on there front outdoor patio were empty and counted another 4 tables empty in there main dining area. I understand they could be reserved so I said nothing. 25 minutes go by and it's still going to be another 45 minutes so I sit at the bar to order dinner. By the way ALL of the empty tables were still empty.

The bartenders are busy here but very friendly and attentive. I ordered the Guacamole (advertised to be made in front of but it is not) and the skirt steak tacos.

It was not a long wait and my Guacamole came out. However, this was not guacamole. There was an equal amount of avocado, tomato and onion. To me, this is a salsa. Too much onion and tomato to be guacamole.

Next came the tacos. You get three tacos but they are an appetizer size taco. Meat and filling piled on a small three inch soft tortilla. Extremely good tasting but too small. Left a little hungry. Also too pricy for the amount you get.

By the way.... Those tables were still empty when I left. They have some serious scheduling issue and losing business. They appear very busy because they don't fill all the seats for some reason.

Monday 11:00 am – 10:00 pm
    Tuesday 11:00 am – 10:00 pm
    Friday 11:00 am – 11:00 pm
    Saturday 11:00 am – 11:00 pm
    Sunday 11:00 am – 10:00 pm

• biscits's Profile Photo

Rehab Burger Therapy: Be prepared to wait

by biscits Written Mar 22, 2013

This bar/restaurant is right in downtown Scottsdale. Plenty of sports on the many televisions. Surfboards and bicycles on the walls for flair. The burgers aren't bad, but not worth the wait. Because you will wait.. first for the menus, then for the drinks, and the food.. It took eight minutes alone for the servers to figure out my change- they wanted to give me all dollar bills as change- $40 dollars in dollar bills? Burgers aren't bad, but the service was horrible.

Favorite Dish: We ordered the Backyard Barbecue Burger, Grilled Chicken Sandwich, and Skin on Fries.

• Basaic's Profile Photo

Malee's Thai on Main: Great Food in Old Town

by Basaic Written Jan 19, 2013

Malee's Thai on Main

$19 as of January 2013. Malee's Thai on Main is known by many locals as some of the best food in Scottsdale. It gets crowded quick so reservations are recommended. The décor is kinda fancy and the menu filled with tempting choices. Service was very good. Excellent restaurant. I really enjoyed my Thai Style Chow Mein which had Chicken, Shrimp, and Chinese Sausage in it. You can order it from 1 to 5 in levels of spiciness. I ordered 2 and it was quite spicy. Hours are 11 AM to 9 PM Monday through Wednesday, 11 AM to 9:30 PM Thursday through Saturday and 4:30 PM to 9 PM on Sunday. Highly recommended!!

Favorite Dish: Loved the Thai Style Chow Mein

• Business Travel
    • Luxury Travel

• Africancrab's Profile Photo

Saddle Ranch Chop House: Okay!

by Africancrab Written Aug 23, 2012

This is your typical southwestern/ cowboy restaurant in Scottsdale. The reason I rated this okay, honestly is because I do not remember the taste of my food, but I know I ate it. It was during one of my many meet-ups and I was the host. We ordered food later than expected because we wanted to make sure all our friends were at the dinner. Our table was at the top from where we could see the crowd down dancing and trying to stay on the mechanical bull.

we had 2 ladies serving us, which was convenient. Everyone had a drink and food. My only complaint was the crowd and noise level. The restaurant doubles as a bar and on this day it felt more like a night club.

The Sugar Bowl: Ice Cream

by Africancrab Written Aug 23, 2012

Another one of my travel meet-ups in Scottsdale took us to the Sugar bowl. This is a great place to go when you're in Scottsdale and want some ice-cream or a blast of sugary eats: The Sugar Bowl restaurant. It's located on Scottsdale Road near Indian School Road in the Old Scottsdale part of the city. The interior is fashioned like an old time ice cream parlor. There is a soda counter with stools if you really want to be authentic, but there are plenty of tables and booths too. A pink and white paint job and decorations completes the picture.

If you're in the mood for a meal, the restaurant has sandwiches and burgers. We went straight for the ice-cream treats. The Sugar Bowl prides itself on their banana splits. My travel friends who came in from different parts of the nation, all gave it big thumbs up.

Stingray Sushi Restaurant: Sushi

by Africancrab Written Aug 23, 2012

My friend Matthew and I had breakfast at the Good Egg Sunday morning from whence we decided to take a drive to Scottsdale to make sure our meet-up locations are confirmed. I had the W hotel pending so we decided to start with the W hotel. Well we arrived in Scottsdale at a little after 1:30 p.m. went to the W after a run through the streets to locate it on Camelback Road. From the W we headed over to find the Marriott Courtyard (long story). When all was done we decided to have something to eat before returning to Tucson. Matthew wanted sushi: what did become depressingly apparent to me at that moment was that he did not remember the one hundred times I told him I did NOT like sushi, or he disregarded the fact because he was too hungry to care. I will try many things at least three times before I can say I really don’t like it. In the case of sushi here in the US, the standard of taste since approached drowning limits for me. On two occasions I became terribly sick (one could say I had food poisoning). When the same thing happened a third time, I convinced myself that I had tried and did NOT like sushi indeed. Nonetheless I accompanied Matt into the Stingray sushi restaurant located at the heart of Old town Scottsdale. It was quite busy on the patio and I did not want to sit outside let alone go in to a sushi place.

Inside the was dimly lit with a full alcohol bar to the left and the sushi bar to the right with a seating arrangement surprisingly welcoming. The owner of the restaurant evidently spent a handsome sum and spared little expense in decorating the interior. The décor is comprised of zebra wood tables, Japanese-style restrooms, and a tank in the floor of the entranceway with several live stingrays: hence the name stingray. What I did not understand was why they had 4 black shelves at the back of the sushi counter - a bad omen in Japan by the way. The number 4 in Japan is shi, which is the equivalent of black Friday 13, well enough about the décor. If you are not as critical as I’m you will actually enjoy the place, great ambiance.
    Matt walked right to the sushi bar and sat down, I pulled a chair and sat next to him, right in front of us was a fresh display of all the fresh sea creatures need to make a perfect sushi. Behind the counter were two Mexican ‘chefs’ for luck of a better word.

Our service lady was not pleasant but was quite efficient, she served us water as requested, brought us a bowl of complimentary steamed soy beans and a bowl of complimentary soup. I ordered skewered chicken and Matt did the sushi thing: lucky for me I’m off my meds I think I would have been sick because the smell was actually a little off. My chicken (teriyaki for all purposes) on the other hand was quite delicious even though it was a really small serving. Served with three sauces all of which I can’t remember now.

• Africancrab's Profile Photo

Olive & Ivy Restaurant & Market Place: Mediterranean!

by Africancrab Updated Aug 23, 2012

I headed to the Pink Light district where the sight of water was calming and refreshing. I sat on the artistic bridge and watched the ripples in the water for a while until I felt calm and my heart raced less. Right in front of me was the Olive and Ivy restaurant, I walked to the restaurant and decided to have me a decent breakfast. The Olive and Ivy is part of the Fox Restaurant Concepts, an award winning boutique restaurant group: some of their restaurants include Sauce, Zinburger, True Food Kitchen, The Wildflower American Cuisine, North and Montana Avenue. I wrote a review on Montana Avenue, great eating and ambiance. Once you are there, you can tell that a lot of thought, money and talent was put into the place, they stand by their saying “we love what we do and it shows”, yes indeed, it shows. The attention to detail is impressive not to mention the delectable food I enjoyed. A combination of bar, restaurant and private dinning rooms: an outdoor patio with great ambiance, rich and inviting, the setting outside was that of a lounge with lime green (Ivy if you will) chairs stripped in white, the ivy chairs were accented with red and white lounge chairs and beach umbrellas. The welcome was exactly what the doctor ordered: well-dressed waitress with a great bright smile asking what I would like for starters ‘coffee’ or ‘tea’ ma’am? ‘Coffee please’ I replied, ‘one coffee coming right up ma’am’ she said and swiftly walked away. I barely had time to set my bag down when she returned with my coffee ‘cream? Sugar?, any flavors you prefer ma’am?’ she asked. ‘One cream and one sugar if you please’ I replied. She brought me the breakfast menu and asked if I wanted some water or orange juice, I chose water and she returned with a tall thin glass of water with three ice-cubes in it. My breakfast turned out to be a brunch (breakfast/lunch), I ordered the Chopped Mediterranean Salad which included Feta cheese, toasted almonds, oregano vinaigrette and an addition of chicken for just $11.00. The portion was handsome as well. Because I was too hungry to wait, I forgot to take a photo of my plate until I was done and the waitress was asking if there was anything else I needed, ha-ha! I burst out laughing and she laughed with me before asking ‘what is funny’, I went ahead and told her what I had done, and bless her heart she offered to make another just so I can take a photo, I declined and told her I would return another time.
    Here is the restaurant in a nutshell:
    Style: Classy, Elegant, Inviting
    Cuisine: Mediterranean with a touch of blissfulness
    Dress code: Casual, elegant, classy
    Location: The Pink Light District, Scottsdale
    Price: Average $20 - $50
    Hours: Monday - Friday, 11:00 am - 3:00 pm
    Hours: Saturday - Sunday, 11:00 am - 4:00 pm
    Reservations: Not required, accepts walk ins

Yard House: Beer! Beer!!

by Africancrab Written Aug 23, 2012

The Yard House is located at the Fashion Square mall in Scottsdale on Camelback Road. We has a Travbuddy meet-up here a few months earlier and liked it quite a bit. The Yard House boasts of having the largest selection of beer in the world! I can‘t really confirm because I would have to be an avid beer drinker and know all about the different beers brewed in the world. In the United States I also learned that when people talk of “the World“, they are sometime really referring to Continental United States. Well that aside, I believe the sign at the Yard house says they have the largest selection of DRAFT beers, now of course with a little over 200 on draft I can see how hard it would be to beat. They have an exclusive beer menu, sadly I do not drink beer, but their beer menu is unrivaled I hear (I think Travbuddy Christian (Chokk) would be a great person to give us the statistics on beer, he loves beer). I have never seen anything like it: the list includes, Blond Ales, Honey Ales, Pub Cream Ales, Pale Ales, Indian Pale Ales, Belgian Strong Ales, Amber and Red Ales, American Strong Ales, US Hefeweizens, Bavarian Hefeweizens, Brown Ales, Porters. The Draft beer selection is mind blowing, ranging from Lagers, Pale Lagers, Anomalies (unique hybrid Ales), Black and Blue, Dark Lagers, to mention but a few. Now I had a Martini special the night of our meet-up and loved it, I recommend it if you like Martinis.

The atmosphere is relaxed and inviting with classic rock blaring through the speakers and an open kitchen plus with large screen televisions on each wall to attract the sports lovers; they can’t stay home to watch the games, they will not miss it if they come to the yard house. It reminded me of a Hard Rock, with the great music playing even though I did not pay particular attention as I was busy talking to all the Travbuddies who came, nonetheless the atmosphere was more of an upscale sports bar. The service was good because we had our own charming attendant who seemed very charmed by our group, not to mention the ladies made him feel quite important. I will not be reviewing their food because I did not eat, but I heard they make really nice food. I believe they have a menu on their website, you can check it out.

The not so good side of it is that it is relatively expensive by American standards, food is generally affordable in the state of Arizona, when I hear people comment how expensive a place is, I try to find out what “expensive” is. Well I can’t say the Yard House is expensive because it fall in the range of things I can afford, so I will say it is averagely priced. Expensive to me would be if my plat of food cost $50 or more for one meal.

Summary of the Yard House, Scottsdale:
    Cuisine: American
    Style : Casual
    Price: Average ($12 - $35)

• Beer Tasting

• bouldersuzanne's Profile Photo

The Mission: Great margs and guacamole

by bouldersuzanne Written May 29, 2012

The Mission is a great place for a special dinner. They have an interesting list of margaritas - we tried the avocado one and it was very good. The guacamole they make at your table is delicious. We had the pork shoulder tacos and they were quite tasty as well. Very attentive service and a nice atmosphere.

Favorite Dish: Guacamole - it's super fresh since it's made tableside.

• bouldersuzanne's Profile Photo

Butterfield's Pancake House & Restaurant: Awesome Pancakes

by bouldersuzanne Written May 29, 2012

Butterfield's has great pancakes and fresh squeezed orange juice. The other breakfast items we had were good as well and they also have a lunch menu. The service was good and the wait wasn't too bad even on a Sunday around noon.

Favorite Dish: Blueberry pancakes

• Singles
    • Business Travel

Instant Answers: Scottsdale

Comments

Scottsdale Restaurants

Reviews and photos of Scottsdale restaurants posted by real travelers and locals. The best tips for Scottsdale sightseeing.