Scottsdale Restaurants

Most Recent Restaurants in Scottsdale

Sushi Brokers: Sushi North Scottsdale

by ArizonaExpert Written Apr 25, 2005

I do eat other foods than sushi, but I have to tell you about this place. I was at Sushi Brokers opening night a couple years ago and visit at least once every other week. They have only gotten better each year. The place is in a strip-type center (albeit upscale) just north of Frank Lloyd Wright on Scottsdale Road. The service has always been good, and the wait staff are usually young and okay, nice looking.

The best thing about Sushi Brokers is happy hour, which is 7 days a week. Great deals on sushi and drinks. We sometimes get out of there full (2 of us) for $25! I am talking $1 Hamachi...2 piece!!! Try the spring rolls...outstanding! The happy hour menu is limited, but still has a nice variety. We took all 7 of us there for the first time latst week and got out of there for under $50.

The downfall is seating, although with outdoor tables, there is some relief. Problem is during the summer when we vie for the few tables inside. I don't think they take reservations either.

Love this place for an extensive menu, great wait staff, and the best happy hour (until 6:30 I think)!

Favorite Dish: The sushi has always been excellent. We have ordered off the regular menu a couple of times for fish and other things, and have never been disappointed.

Bloom: Great Dining Experience

by ArizonaExpert Written Mar 23, 2005

I tried three times to get into Bloom before I realized I better make reservations...and you should too! The atmosphere is wonderful. Great colors, flowers and lighting. The service was excellent. Staff was friendly and attentive, engaging and suggestive when asked. They actually had an opinion on the menu!

We ordered an appetizer (Brie) and split a salad that they delivered on two plates without us asking. It was excellent!

We ordered two different fishes for dinner and both were fantastic with nice portions. The vegetables were perfect and the bread fresh.

Favorite Dish: My wife and I are great dessert fans, and we were not disappointed. We ordered the chocolate fingers, an outrageous dessert we managed to finish, despite a full stomach. The couple next to us saw our dessert and ended up ordering the same thing.

• Luxury Travel

Village Tavern: Mid-Town Scottsdale for Everyone

by ArizonaExpert Written Dec 20, 2004

Don't be fooled by the word tavern here...this is not your local pub. This is a large restaurant with one of the largest and most comprehensive menus in the area. You can really get anything here...short of specialized ethnic food. They have great meats, chicken dishes and fish, plus pages of other options. It is large, and when busy, can be fairly loud inside, but it is spacious and with mostly booths, you maintain some sense of privacy. There is also a small outside section. Watch out for weekend nights, as wait times can be an hour. Make reservations!

Favorite Dish: I last ordered flank steak, because my mom used to make it for me when I was a kid, and you don't often see it on a menu. The steak was perfectly done, and served in generous quantity, along with veggies and a baked potato.

My wife had fish and it was excellent, again, with large portions and sides.

Service staff is very friendly, even when very busy.

Furio: Another Downtown Treasure

by ArizonaExpert Written Dec 20, 2004

Another lesser-known place to eat is Furio. Hidden by many large chain places in the area, Furio creates some excellent dishes in a quaint, but contemporary environment. I have had 4 different dishes there, and send many parties, all of whom were more than satisfied. There are several large booths, and a small outdoor area when the weather is just right...which is most of the time.

Favorite Dish: They change the menu regularly, and will cook to order, with substitutions and special requests (at least they try to accomodate).

Stingray: Sushi Downtown

by ArizonaExpert Written Dec 16, 2004

Just wanted to let you travelers know of a great new place in downtown Scottsdale for sushi. Ra used to be the only place, and it is still good...plus the staff is very nice and let's just say...attractive for those that need visual stimulation for eating.

But Stingray is open now about a mile north of Ra on Scottsdale Road and it is an excellent option for sushi and you may not have to wait...like you will with Ra.

Favorite Dish: Chef's choice!

• Mosaic: It's no wonder she's a James Beard winner!

by Denrael Written Aug 22, 2004

Chef Deborah has three tasting menus daily, a seafood one, a meat based one and a vegetarian one. By all means if this is your first trip, have a tasting menu and let her show you her amazing kitchen talents!

Favorite Dish: Kangeroo...never had it before and it was the most amazing tender flavor!

• Wine Tasting
    • Business Travel

• MidwstMike's Profile Photo

Mabel Murphy's: The Cheers of Scottsdale

by MidwstMike Written Mar 22, 2004

One of the regulars I met compared Mabel Murphy's to Cheers. Officially called a night club, Murphy's is a welcome oasis from the Arizona sun. The people are friendly and the food is excellent.

Also, for those who care (not me—go Chiefs!) the bar owners are Packers fans. You can even buy Packers items.

Favorite Dish: Whenever I stopped in for lunch, I chose the turkey club sandwich. They also have evening specials, including all-you-can-eat chicken on Tuesday and free steak (with two drink purchases) on Wednesday. The chicken and fixings were as good as mom's home cooking.

• spartan's Profile Photo

Rawhide Steakhouse & Saloon: Relive the Old West

by spartan Updated Dec 9, 2002

This western-style restaurant (a fixture in the western-themed village of Rawhide) offers live country-and-western music every night.

Favorite Dish: Unique appetizers include fried rattlesnake, barbecue ribs, and mesquite-broiled shrimp while entrees include a variety of steaks, barbecue chicken, baby-back ribs, prime rib, and other western delicacies (all meals are served with a tossed garden salad, cowboy beans, a daily side dish and corn bread).

• spartan's Profile Photo

Bandera: Food out of this world

by spartan Updated Dec 9, 2002

Open only at night, this is one of Old Town Scottsdale's most popular spots (so be prepared to wait)...the food is worth the wait (especially with the garlic mashed potatoes on the side). Everybody raves about the rotisserie chicken as well as the huge mounds of garlicky, herb-seasoned mashed potatoes that come with it. But everything is quite good!!!

Favorite Dish: There were a couple of recommendations provided to me by friends who live in the Phoenix area. One being the Prime Rib Sandwich Platter which comes with your choice of cole slaw, baked potato or fries. The other being the 1/2 Chicken Plate with mashed potatoes. Huge portions I must say, so bring the loose fitting pants...lol

• JERICO's Profile Photo

I ate at an amazing restaurant...

by JERICO Written Aug 25, 2002

I ate at an amazing restaurant with my father called A Different Pointe of View, located 1800 feet up on the Tapatio Cliffs just outside of Phoenix (and on the grounds of the Pointe Hilton resort). The food was amazing, and the restaurant rather upscale (despite the corny name). I couldn't find any proper pictures of the place, but the views are spectacular.

• Yaqui's Profile Photo

Nello's: Great Pizza

by Yaqui Written Aug 14, 2007

Although it took them a very long time, the pizza was really really good! All the kids enjoyed it and the restaurant was very comfortable and inviting. The service was good too!

• Sunandlotsafun's Profile Photo

In the Wyndham hotel: A Pasta Bar...what a great idea!

by Sunandlotsafun Written Oct 24, 2002

This is first time I'd ever seen a "Pasta Bar" where you go and choose the ingredients and sauce you'd like and the chef prepares your pasta fresh and hot in front of your eyes...

Instant Answers: Scottsdale

Comments

Scottsdale Restaurants

Reviews and photos of Scottsdale restaurants posted by real travelers and locals. The best tips for Scottsdale sightseeing.