Cowboy Club, Sedona

4.5 out of 5 stars 4.5 Stars - 6 Reviews

241 North Highway 89-A Sedona, AZ 928.282.4200

• rsilva's Profile Photo

Cowboy Club: Rattlesnake and Cactus!

by rsilva Written Mar 9, 2005

Before meeting my girlfriend, I was VERY picky about food and I would not try anything new... I have changed.

In our only night in Sedona, we were deciding where to go and we found this place and, despite the name, it actually appealed to us and the fact it was full also helped in the decision.

We started by having a nice plate of Buffalo Brochette, fried cactus and... Rattlesnake Brochette.
    It was the first time I had any of these things. I found the Buffalo to be very tender, but not much different from beef, the cactus was a bit to salty for me and the Rattlesnake... well, tasted like chicken. Actually, it was not much to eat and the sause it came with was very strong so I could not really figure out the taste. In any case, I liked it!

I then proceeded to have a nice Ribeye steak, which I asked to have well done. When I got it, it was actually burned.
    I told the waiter that I could not eat it this way and he explained that it was burned because the meat contains a lot of fat and since it was charbroiled, this would happen with a well-done piece of meat. In any case, he too it back without any questioning and brought back a slightly larger piece, perfectly cooked. It was great!
    I can definetly live with this kind of mistakes!

For dessert, there was a very good pumpkin cake. Yummy!

The problem with this place is the choice, there were so many things I would have liked to try, but were not able, like:

- Buffalo “Filet Mignon”
    - Buffalo Sirloin
    - Campfire Ribs

among other things.

If I am ever in Sedona again, I will definetly come here again.

Favorite Dish: - The buffalo brochette
    - The rattlesnake brochette
    - The fried cactus (I did not like it, but my girlfriend could not get enough)
    - The steak
    - The pumpkin cake

• Yaqui's Profile Photo

The Cowboy Club: Love this place!

by Yaqui Written Apr 18, 2008

It has been a favorite for almost 50 years of cowboys, celebrities and locals. We ate here and were thoroughly happy with our service and quality of food. We all enjoyed our meals very much and felt we well received our monies worth. The décor is excellent and comfortable.

Open Monday-Sunday
    Lunch 11am-3pm
    Dinner 5pm-10pm
    Bar Menu 11am-10pm

• ThisQueenBee's Profile Photo

The Cowboy Club: Eat cactus, in all seriousness.

by ThisQueenBee Updated Jun 25, 2003

Outside the Cowboy Club

Do you eat meat? I will come right out and say that I had the rattlesnake and I rather enjoyed it. Other picks - the cactus fries, the sweet potato fries, the cactus margaritas (I even brought syrup home so I can make my own), and the buffalo. My father claims they have the best hamburgers in the world...I don't do hamburgers...you'll have to take his word for it. All I know is that 2 can leave full for around $25 (we shared things, but also I had a drink and she had cheesecake)including tips and the food is both novel and tasty! The only drawback is that you have to play a little duck hunt with the timeshare hawkers as you make your way to the restaurant.

Favorite Dish: Everything is good here - you really can't go wrong.

• The Cowboy Club: Very good service and food

by Umevan Written Jun 15, 2008

This place is a lot of fun! We ordered cactus fries (it comes with a raspberry sauce) and prickly pear margarita. Both we very good. We're foodies and love trying new eating experiences. My husband eat the ribs which he said were very good. I loved the atmosphere and the friendliness of the staff.

Favorite Dish: The only thing I ate - the cactus fries - but I did have the prickly pear margarita and it was good, too.

• Agraichen's Profile Photo

Cowboy Club: Something for everyone

by Agraichen Written May 10, 2013

Walking into the Cowboy Club is like walking back 100 years. The decor is definitely western themed. The food is pretty good although a bit on the expensive sided.

Favorite Dish: Chicken Pot Pie was almost "home made" tasting."

• Spa and Resort
    • National/State Park

• al_mary's Profile Photo

Cowboy Club: The Cowboy Club

by al_mary Written Jan 21, 2006

The Cowboy Club offers Southwestern cuisine,
    has full bar, and what we found unique, is that
    it is set in one of oldest buildings in Sedona.

Favorite Dish: Mary had the spare ribs and really enjoyed them ....
    With the meal was, sweet potato fries and some
    pickled vegetables with a side of cole slaw ....
    (see the picture)

Al had their big burger and fries, and of course,
    a Budweiser .... ha ha

Great Food - Great Service - Great Price
    We highly recommend the "Cowboy Club"
    for a good heart lunch ......

• Desert