Heartline Cafe, Sedona

by madamx
  • madamx's Profile Photo

Heartline Cafe

by madamx Written Apr 26, 2005

The Heartline Cafe is touted as an innovative and creative restaurant, and I am sad to say we did not find it as such.

As my husband said, "it just doesn't come all together", and I totally agree -- they seem to try very hard, but somehow, something is missing, and I still can't put my finger on it.

We found the restaurant crowded and dark -- I almost needed a flashlight to see my food -- and extremely busy. From what I could see, the restaurant had pleasant decor. We noticed staff literally speedwalking from table to table. This made our experience a little less enjoyable; though service was very pleasant, and at a nice pace, and water glasses were filled appropriately, the whole atmosphere was not relaxing as it should be.

Parking is also very awkward (Hello! welcome to Sedona!)

Favorite Dish: We were initially served a "vegetable spread" with our bread, which I guess is a healthy concept, and tasted okay, but it had a slimy and cold texture. We sent it back and asked for butter. Their famous smoked chicken dumpling with spicy peanut sauce was a great concept, but I thought that perhaps the dumpling should have been perhaps done up in tradtional steamed/fried asian style, as it was baked, sort of like a cornish pastie, and it was doughy.

Our main dishes were cooked very well, and they sounded innovative, but they tasted just -- and I hate to say it -- ordinary. Perhaps we hit the restaurant on a bad day, but there was nothing here that would bring us back.

Instant Answers: Sedona

Comments

Hotels Near Heartline Cafe
4.5 out of 5 stars