Javelina Cantina, Sedona

by Yaqui
  • Javelina Cantina
    by Yaqui
  • Yaqui's Profile Photo

Javelina Cantina: Please check this place out!

by Yaqui Written Apr 18, 2008

Mexican style restaurant located within the Hillside Sedona Pavilion, just ½ mile from the Y. This place has an awesome patio area with waterfalls and bronze art below. The service was excellent and so was the food. Also, the prices were so reasonable too. This is a good choice of place to dine out if you are ever in Sedona. It right within the Hillside Sedona Pavilion, so there is plenty t just walk around a see. For instance, many types of beautiful works of bronze art to see while you wait your table. It’s very popular, so maybe make some reservation, since there is some waiting time in the evenings.

• pugmomma's Profile Photo

Javalina Cantina: Prickly- Pear Margaritas!!

by pugmomma Written Jun 2, 2008

jackie & Rich after a few Prickly Pear Margaritas!

Casual dress and a fun atmosphere. This place has become special to us as we go there for several meals when in Sedona. This is how great our service and food has been. The locals that work at Javelina were always willing to strike up a conversation with friendly out- of- towners and chat about local spots or what to see.

Favorite Dish: I love the Prickly Pear Margarita with salt. This drink is refreshing and not too sweet. Even the guys in our group wanted to toss back a few of these pink drinks after a few hours of hiking! Of course we couldn't really call it an entree...or maybe you could make a meal of them!

All the entrees we tried were excellent. I liked the fish tacos! I was surprised as I had never had a fish taco and was not sure what to expect. it was wonderful white fish with toppings to place on soft flour tortillas. A nice twist!

All our food was fresh and had a unique taste- Sonoran Mexican. This style of mexican food is delicious!

• Hiking and Walking
    • Desert

• GuitarStan's Profile Photo

Javalina Cantina: Javalina's Next To The Patio?

by GuitarStan Updated Apr 4, 2011

We actually saw a javalina driving through AZ. On way way back to Phoenix we stopped in Sedona and asked a local for a good Mexican restaurant. The food was good, prices fair, portions good. When leaving I struck up a conversation with the kitchen staff on the patio. They said many days the javalina come up to eat leftovers. Even though we saw none, I guess I have to believe them.

• National/State Park

• Javelina Cantina: Place to go for birthdays!

by scribe4159 Written Feb 10, 2008

We have celebrated birthdays here several times...in addition to beautiful views, good service, abundant food and Mexican ambiance, the restaurant provides the birthday celebrant with a Mexican hat (to keep!) and a fried ice cream dessert...please don't abuse this as it's one of the nicest birthday treats in Sedona...

Favorite Dish: The fajitas...beef or chicken...fresh, on a sizzling platter, enough for leftovers....

• Seniors
    • Singles

• Jplummer's Profile Photo

Javelina Cantina: Mexican Food

by Jplummer Written Oct 1, 2004

I have been to this restaurant on two different occasions. I have had a good experience on both times. The people are friendly and the views from the restaurant are spectacular. They serve dinner only and there is no attire. Both times I did not make any reservations, but during the summer season, it may be packed. Their prices are a little high (but any restaurants in Sedona is high).

Favorite Dish: I liked the Salmon dinner. I like fish and tacos, it sounded good on the menu, and it was delicious. Very good Mexican food.

• DouglasNjessicaS's Profile Photo

Javelina Cantina: yummy food!

by DouglasNjessicaS Written Sep 2, 2012
    Leaving the Javelina Cantina

The food was good the chips were kindof hard but the salsa was good. The view was cool and fried ice cream was good to!

Favorite Dish: Fried icecream

Instant Answers: Sedona

Comments

Hotels Near Javelina Cantina
3.5 out of 5 stars