Places to eat in Sedona

Most Viewed Restaurants in Sedona

Elote Cafe: Worth the wait

by blueskyjohn Updated Apr 24, 2014

This is the new hot spot in Sedona. Waits for a table good be up to two hours. They do accept reservations. I ended up eating at the bar which is fine for me. They have an outdoor seating area and a separate walk up bar so you can order a drink and sit out on the deck while waiting for your table.

Once at the bar, I wanted some guacamole but I thought the portion would be too big with dinner so the bartender offered to make a half order. It was the perfect size. As with most mexican restaurants, chips and salsa are offered for free. No exception here but the salsa is made in house and is incredibly good.

For the main course I had the Pollo en Mole Poblano which is house smoked chicken in a puebla style mole. The portion looks small but it was the perfect amount with the guacamole earlier and now room for dessert.

For dessert I had Mexican Chocolate Pie - Rich Chocolate pie with Mexican and Dark chocolates candied almonds and fresh whipped cream. I opt not to have the whip cream. I have to save a few calories where I can!

An excellent experience and would repeat. Just plan ahead and make reservations.

• blueskyjohn's Profile Photo

ChocolaTree: Best tea and lunch in Sedona!

by blueskyjohn Updated Apr 24, 2014

This is such a cool place I kept going back for more. Of course the name drew me in right away. However my experience had nothing to do with chocolate. It is a small place with a dirt parking lot and cute parking signs at every spot like "park here and feel peace in your heart."

Once inside there is a market place for natural products. There are a few table in this area. There is also a side patio and in the rear is a garden complete with hammock, a small stage and a fountain. I went for lunch and sat in the back garden. Very soothing new age music is playing in the background along with the flowing water of the fountain. They have a very nice tea selection and I chose Spring Dragon Tea which is a mixture of different herbs and is available either hot or cold. I chose hot. It was great and the best part is that you can get free refills.

For food I ordered the Veggie Burger with avocado, which was very good and the bread it came on was called "Ancient Grain Bread" The taste great but it fell apart as if it was ancient. Still a very good veggie burger. I also ordered the Banana Bread and Butter which is home baked banana bread and stone ground sprouted almond butter also made in house. It was the perfect lunch.

The next day I went back for breakfast. I ordered the classic waffles with vegan butter and chocolate syrup. It was also very good and very filling.

Favorite Dish: The Banana Bread and Almond butter!

• Desert

Wildflower Bread Company: Good affordable breakfast

by blueskyjohn Updated Apr 24, 2014

This is a chain restaurant that has some good breakfast options. The interior is nicely decorated and there is a fireplace in one corner. It is a fast food setup to order food. Approach a counter and place your order, pay and be seated. Someone will bring out your food. When I arrived there was no one on line. After I ordered and sat, the line grew quite long. The setup where the kitchen is and how the line forms to place an order is very awkward for the staff bring out food. They have to maneuver through the line of people juggling plates of food. I observe several close calls of people nearly knocking the plates out of staff hands.

I ordered the Sausage and Egg sandwich and a chocolate croissant. The sandwich was very tasty but difficult to eat as the Ciabatta Roll the egg and sausage is on has a hard crust. Biting into it sends the contents falling out the sides.

The croissant was just average as there was not much chocolate inside. Would not order that again.

• Seniors

Thai Spices Natural Restaurant: Nice Thai food

by blueskyjohn Updated Apr 24, 2014

Nicely decorated interior and friendly owner. I arrived very close to closing but they seated me anyway. I felt I should eat fast since I came in so late. No problem because I was very hungry.

I ordered the Pad Prig King with Chicken. I eat at a lot of very good Thai restaurants. This Prik King was very good, but not the best. The portion was very big and I could not finish. Flavors were good but the chicken seemed like it was added as an after thought. No real flavor to the chicken on its own.

It was convenient and reasonably priced so I would visit again and try another dish.

Hours:

Sunday Closed

• National/State Park

Blue Moon Cafe: Nice lunch but long wait

by blueskyjohn Updated Apr 24, 2014

This is a nice little place near Bell Rock. They serve breakfast, lunch and dinner. I stopped in for lunch. I was seated very fast but after being told my waiter would be right with me, it took some time. I nearly left and actually got up to find someone to take my order.

The tables have small books to read while you wait for you food. I found the one on my table interesting.

I eventually order the California Burger which is a beef patty with jack cheese, avocado and ranch dressing. It really wasn't anything special. Tasted fine. It comes with fries.

Many other places in Sedona to try.

• National/State Park
    • Seniors

• Agraichen's Profile Photo

Open Range Grill & Tavern: Incredible views

by Agraichen Written May 10, 2013

The food is very good and prices reasonable, but the best part of dining here is the view. The dining room looks out to one of Sedona's buttes knon as Snoopy Rock (looks like Snoopy lying on his back).

• Agraichen's Profile Photo

Dahl & iLuca: Excellent Italian

by Agraichen Written May 10, 2013

Prepare to dine slowly. You are definitely no rushed. The pastas are quite good. The wine list is not very extensive but there's something for most palets to be found.

Favorite Dish: The Pasta Bolenese was exceptional

• The Barking Frog: Barking Mad

by cannylass21 Written Aug 4, 2012

I took my family to this palce for lunch,6 adults 4 kids. I have had dinner there befor, so i was expecting the same quality.I understood the 18% gratuaty for 8 or more, the food was lousy,fish tacos, (find the fish)kids meals were burned,service,very poor, the older woman in charge ignored us when we couldnt find the waitress,and to add insult to injury an extra $24 was added as a service fee, when asked about it , the waitress just rolled her eyes,no one said anything about it when we arrived or i would have gone somewhere else, so the $124 meal was $170, and then on the receipt they had the nerve to suggest an extera gratuaty. I must have been barking mad but i paid it and left as no one was going to do anything about it. i go to sedona a lot, i live near by.one place off my list

Favorite Dish: nothing

THE BRIDGE THE BRIDGE SUMMER FIRE
    • Wine Tasting

• LoriPori's Profile Photo

OAK CREEK BREWERY & GRILL: IN THE TLAQUEPAQUE VILLAGE

by LoriPori Updated Apr 4, 2011

As we (Norman, Fitzi, Hans & I) were all getting hungry, we looked in the Tlaquepaque Village for a place to eat. The village had five restaurants and we chose OAK CREEK BREWERY & GRILL. It was a very cozy place and we were seated in a booth. When we first walked in, we all noticed the board which announced that the special of the day was a 20 ounce T-bone steak. We all knew that's what we wanted, but of course as it was so big, we decided each couple to share a dinner which was fine with the waitress. Nice big salads came with it and a huge portion of seasoned fries. The steak was absolutely delicious. I took the part of the steak with the T-bone.

Lunch 11:30 to 3:00 p.m.
    Mid Day 3:00 to 5:00 p.m.
    Dinner 5:00 p.m - Close

Oak Creek also offers BBQ Chicken Salad ($13.95), Caesar Salad ($9.95), Rotisserie Chicken - Half BBQ ($16.95), BBQ Ribs - full rack ($24.95) - half rack ($17.95), Pizzas ($17.95), Sandwiches, Burgers, Penne, etc.
    And as Oak Creek is a Brewery, they offer their brands of lagers, ale, porter and beers, most at $5.50.
    All in all a great experience.

Oak Creek Brewery & Grill Our huge 20-ounce steak

• Fournos Restaurant: Over The Top food!

by foodlover67 Written Oct 5, 2010

Chef Ivan Flowers is the owner of Fournos and he does ALL the cooking in this small bistro restaurant. The main focus is on Mediterranean-Italian food, but with his nightly specials, he really is eclectic. We ate here twice during our trip, we loved it that much! Menu changes seasonally... But if he has it don't miss-the lobster bisque, green-lipped mussels, roasted corn esquite, rack of lamb, Italian mixed grill and Australian Barramundi. And you start with this warm bread and dipping sauce that is too easy to eat too much of! Small affordable wine list. Dinner & cash and checks only.
    Was named a top 25 restaurant in AZ by AZ Highways magazine... We could see why.

Favorite Dish: It is hard to choose a favorite dish, but with Arizona being a land-locked state, you don't expect to find perfectly cooked, fresh seafood. Well Fournos has it... The Australian Barramundi is pan-seared and flakes like crab. Sweet and not fishy. It is served on a warm pea salad with grapes, sun dried tomato and olives. Topped with a garlic romaine butter sauce. My mouth is watering writing about it!

Australian Barramundi at Fournos Restaurant Green Lipped Mussels at Fournos Restaurant

• ranger49's Profile Photo

Wild Flower Bread Company: Not just a bakery - Something different

by ranger49 Written Aug 7, 2010

We needed to stop for refreshments and a rest. None of us fancied the crowded restaurants we had passed already nor, in the middle of a hot sight seeing day did we want an expensive gourmet meal.
    We were about to turn back when after passing the Visitor Centre there appeared little hope of coming soon to a restaurant.
    But raising our eyes we could see tables and chairs on a terrace. We had arrived at Pinon Point and hurried up the steps to investigate.
    What a find !
    Freshly baked breads and soup, sandwiches, salads, fresh pasta, pancakes and a great variety of hot and cold drinks and pastries.
    Between the four of us we sampled sandwiches, soup, salad and a fresh pasta dish all were excellent and at an average price of 7/8 dollars good value for money. fresh squeezed fruit drinks superb from $2.29 - $3.19 depending on size.
    My chopped salad was a work of art and delicious too.

The interior restaurant is air conditioned, well lit and nicely decorated - I was not quite sure about the huge ornate vase of brightly coloured glass flowers on a central table.
    The building opens out onto a rather pretty, arty, little court yard with fancy shops.

There are branches of the Wildflower Bread Company in several other Arizona towns and I would certainly eat there again if I had the chance.

Just a little word of warning - if you use the toilet the doors look like opaque glass and there is no visible handle - just push to open, trouble is there is no handle or lock on the inside. Quite a few people were taken by surprise. ... Perhaps that arrangement has been improved upon now.

Outside Dining area Moden art on the Patio A Vase of Glass Wild Flowers View from the terrace steps.

• Roadquill's Profile Photo

Garland's Oak Creek Lodge: If you can get reservations, then you must...

by Roadquill Written Nov 11, 2009

Garland's Lodge is a one of kind. Set about 5 miles North of Sedona next to Oak Creek (in fact you must cross the creek to get to the lodge), they have one menu for everyone, it all starts at 7 PM (the bar is open earlier) and away you go. The wine list had something for everyone and at reasonable prices.

Favorite Dish: For our night, it was braised short ribs, with a squash soup. Our entire group enjoyed the meal. If for some reason you can't eat the menu of day, they can substitute something if you give them notice.

Dining at Garlands Lodge
    • Hiking and Walking

• Roadquill's Profile Photo

Elote Cafe: New Wave Mexican

by Roadquill Written Nov 4, 2009

Not your typical Mexican restaurant. Chef Jeff Smedstad has created a kick ass menu from the house appetizer Elote, to the mole chicken tacos, roasted duck flautas smoked chicken enchiladas..... Our party of eight each had something different and everything was wonderful. I would go back in a heart beat. The only downside is that they have a small bar and only one bartender. Getting drinks is an effort.

Favorite Dish: I liked the mole tacos and duck flautas, but everything was good.

Elote Food Spread
    • Hiking and Walking
    • Wine Tasting

• LoriPori's Profile Photo

CANYON BREEZE RESTAURANT: ICE CREAM & A VIEW

by LoriPori Updated Oct 11, 2009

Enjoy panoramic views of Sedona's Red Rocks out on the terrace of CANYON BREEZE RESTAURANT. That's exactly what we did. We ordered our homemade ice creams - Hans & I Butter Pecan - Norman Rocky Road and Fitzi Strawberry ($3.95 apiece) and then walked to the back of the restaurant where the terrace is. We sat at a table and enjoyed our ice creams while taking in the fabulous views before us. Life doesn't get better than this. hehe!
    In the heart of Old Town Sedona
    Open daily 8:00 a.m. to 9:00 p.m.

Canyon Breeze Restaurant

• joiwatani's Profile Photo

Oaxaca Restaurant: Oaxaca Restaurant

by joiwatani Updated May 11, 2009

When we arrived in Sedona, we went driving first to many trails overlooking the Red Rocks, climbed the Holy Cross Chapel and visited the Bell Rock. Since we didn't have breakfast as we travelled from Glendale, Arizona, we were starving by the time we got to downtown Sedona. It seemed like the heat and the walking took all our energy so we had to energize fast!

We saw Oaxaca Restaurant perched on the left side of the road on Highway 89A and this was the first choice of Shelby and Rainier, my two daughters, who love Mexican food. Sierra, my youngest one also is a fanatic Mexican food eater!

The proximity of the restaurant to our parking space was the spark that lighted us up to go check the restaurant.

There are few steps going up to the restaurant. The walk way was dark. There was an old door leading us to the restaurant. There was an old bench on the side of the walkway where we sat and waited for assistance.

We checked out the menu and discussed what we were going to order. We waited for a waiter to help us with seating. Few minutes passed. We waited more. And, more. And, more...Fifteen minutes later, we were still sitting at the front door and nobody helped us.
    It seemed like the restaurant was busy and they didn't have extra help for other customers.

We waited long enough and our stomachs were making noises so we decided to hop to the next restaurant! (We were so happy that we decided to leave the restaurant because we had great food at the Sally's BBQ)!)

Favorite Dish: I can't recommend this restaurant because of poor service. Besides, the prices are a little bit expensive by checking out the menu!

Oaxaca Restaurant

Latest: Jul 18, 2014
Wishing Well Bed and Breakfast
Latest: Jul 16, 2014

Instant Answers: Sedona

Comments

Sedona Restaurants

Travel tips and advice posted by real travelers and Sedona locals.
Map of Sedona