Sally's Mesquite Grill & BBQ, Sedona

3 out of 5 stars 3 Stars - 5 Reviews

• The pictures of visitors of the restaurant
    The pictures of visitors of the...
    by joiwatani
    My family ordering their meals!
  • The picture of the Sally' s BBQ but at the back
    The picture of the Sally' s BBQ but at...
  • Sallys BBQ: The Nastiest Food Ive Ever Tasted

by SarV Written Jun 18, 2013

I ordered ribs and a hot dog for my daughter. Her hot dog was hard as a rock on each end and,shriveled and smelled like old pork that had been left out in the air for a week and it was on a cold bun like it had just been brought out of the plastic bag not even toasted or anything. The middle was rubbery and I had a really hard time even cutting it in two. I sent it back. By the second bite of my ribs I am ashamed to admit I HAD to spit it out into my napkin and I gagged. Normally I would find this behavior unacceptable, how could something be that bad you know? It really was. The only thing I ate was the beans and they were bushs out of a can! The little area we sat in (the only indoor area) smelled like trash and slightly of sewage. I thought to myself , people come from around the world for this? Horrible! Do not go here. Dont waste your time or money here if its the last thing you do. There was also some signs up that said "no whining" and "dont talk about yourself , well do that when you leave" Im guessing they get a lot of people not liking their food.

Favorite Dish: NONE

• Adventure Travel
    • Eco-Tourism

• Sally's Mesquite Grill & BBQ: Great BBQ

by kcmclarty Updated Apr 4, 2011

Like most really Good BBQ places, all their meats are smoked fresh daily, its not a 5 star setting, but the BBQ is. Its got its own charm nothing fancy. Located in Uptown Sedona,
    just about all the locals we asked about BBQ said Sally's Mesquite.

Favorite Dish: I had the BBQ plate with Ribs Pork- Beef and 1 side.
    My wife had the Beef Brisket and 1 side.
    the side was fresh cut fries.
    The food is great, if your into BBQ you have to stop by.

• madamx's Profile Photo

Sally's Mesquite Grill & BBQ: Service with a Grimace

by madamx Updated Apr 4, 2011

This place was recommended to us by a local, as "the best ribs" so we thought we would give it a try. It is literally a hole in the wall, located in a hallway dividing two buildings and space is at premium. There is a counter that you order from, that is outdoors save for a small overhanging roof. A few tables are located in a tiny room across the hall (with glass walls and door, otherwise you would be too claustrophobic to eat). No wonder the local told us it would be best to have take-out.

The woman serving us looked like she was used to scowling more than smiling, and verged on being rude. Maybe she was having a bad day, but it appeared that she probably has a lot of bad days, too.

Favorite Dish: Of course, we ordered the ribs, and you get two sides -- we chose coleslaw and fries. The ribs were okay, but we have had much better -- we found them not that tender, and the fries, though being very generous in portions, had been overcooked. The coleslaw was okay. If we had to eat here again for lack of anything else, we would, but I would not go out of my way to eat here again.

• joiwatani's Profile Photo

Sally's Masquite Barbecue: Best barbecue in town!

by joiwatani Updated Apr 26, 2009

The picture of the Sally' s BBQ but at the back

This restaurant is not on plain view. It is located behind the stores. There is a small aisle where you can walk passed the Indian artcrafts' store leading to the barbecue restaurant.

The restaurant is very small with very simple wood planks as it's chairs and tables. If you look at the walls, there are pictures of movie actors, memorabilia of the town, etc.

It has the feel of an old, simple, and real Sedona town.

There is even a picture of Kelly Ripa, the talk show host of Regis and Kelly with her husband and children eating at the restaurant, signed and dated!

There is also a "hooking game" at the restaurant so while we were waiting for our orders, my husband and my children played the game while my sister and I just read and looked at the pictures and memorabilia pasted on the walls!

The restaurant owner comes and greet you unpretentiously and ask to take a picture of you and your family with a polaroid. Then once the polaroid picture is done, he gives it back to you to sign and write something on it after you are done eating! Then he staples that polaroid picture on the walls of his barbecue restaurant's wall!

There are hundreds of pictures on the wall and when you get there I am sure you will find our pictures as we staple them close to the check out window!

Favorite Dish: The barbecue is awesome! The beans and the coleslaw are also delicious! Yummy! We all loved what we individually ordered.

• Karnubawax's Profile Photo

Sally's Mesquite Grill & BBQ: Another Budget Disaster

by Karnubawax Written Jan 27, 2006

While not awful like "A Pizza Heaven," Sally's is, at best, only fair. Again, the lesson - steer clear of budget places in Sedona. The difference in quality is just not worth the savings!

Favorite Dish: I had a BBQ sandwich, cole slaw and a drink for like $10. The sandwich was on the small side, pretty uninspiring in a very ketchup-y BBQ sauce that had no kick at all. The cole slaw was fine.

Instant Answers: Sedona

Comments

Hotels Near Sally's Mesquite Grill & BBQ
4.5 out of 5 stars