Helicopter Tours, Sedona

by giampiero6
  • giampiero6's Profile Photo

Helicopter Rides - Expensive but Worth It

by giampiero6 Written Jul 21, 2011

I had never taken a helicopter ride before, but we visited with only a few hours to spare, and the helicopter ride was our only option to get a great view in. I would have loved to hike here. Just make a reservation with one of the helicopter tour companies and head up to the Airport Mesa. We took an hour ride I believe and it was worth every second.

My Buddy Luc, Who Started Travel Pod Some Great Views How Are You Gonna See That Sans Helicopter Hard to See But Cliff Dwellings here. Majestical
    • Luxury Travel
    • Adventure Travel

• BerniShand's Profile Photo

WHIRLYBIRD

by BerniShand Updated Apr 4, 2011

I had never flown in a helicopter, if I had known how exhilerating it is I would have done it years ago

Kat [keida84] and I booked the Red Rock Roundup tour with Arizona Helicopter Adventures, Sedona`s original helicopter tour company, just a short tour [after all, I wasnt sure I was going to like helicopters] which cost $58 dollars each
    when you book you have to answer some health questions and give your weight, but if they let an overweight old crock like me on Im sure most folks will be OK

after a safety talk we were taken over to the helicopter in a golf buggy [another first for me !] Camcorderman filming us waving to him from the comfort of the airport terminal
    the helicopter looked tiny, I was a little nervous but our pilot soon put me at ease and donned my headphones [another photo opportunity] and then it was time to take flight.........it was WONDERFUL !!!! I couldnt belive how smooth it was. How close we got to the rocks ! the views were awesome and we got birds eye views of Sedona`s most famous rock formations while being given a great commentary by our pilot, I began to wish we had booked on a longer tour

all too soon it was time to go back ..... we had been up for a great deal longer that the advertised tour time
    this was for me a never-to-be-forgotten tour, I really enjoyed it

PRICES [April 2006]

RED ROCK ROUNDUP [12-13 minutes]........$58

ANCIENT RUINS [20-25 minutes]....................$98

SEDONA DELUXE [30-35 minutes]..................$138
    [if I go back this is the one Id do]

pilot gratuities not included, we were happy to tip well for the great service we got

• Desert

• toddecus's Profile Photo

Best Sedona View

by toddecus Written Mar 18, 2011

Can I add, that if you don't have time for hike around Sedona, then definitely do the Helicopter ride! drive up to the airport and out to the end of the runway. The guys there do a great job, and it is a breathtaking experience. I have been to Sedona many times, and I wish I had done this sooner.

• Desert
    • Adventure Travel

• joiwatani's Profile Photo

Take the Jet Helicopter Tour

by joiwatani Written May 9, 2009

There are three different Red Rock Helicopter Tours in Sedona. There is the cheapest one which is only $70 per person. This is called the sampler tour. The tour is called the "Bear Wallow Run". This sample tour of Sedona's Red Rocks takes you east past the Lee Mountain.

From the air, you will see the Holy Cross Chapel. You also pass by the Snoopy Rock (I missed this rock because we took a different tour).

You will also see the Bear Wallow Mountain and the Schnebly Hill Road. The flight distance of this tour is about 32 km/20 miles.

The other helicopter tour is called the "Ancient's Way". This is a journey to the scenic dry creek area and into the deep Secret Canyon. The helicopter tour will take you to the outback of the Rattlesnake Mesa where you stop and explore the the Ancient Sinaguan Indian Cliff dweelings of Boynton Canyon.

You will also see the Bear Mountain, and pass the Fay's Arch to Doe Mesa.

By the way, this helicopter tour costs $116 per person and the flight distance is approximately 53 km/33 miles.

The last but not the least kind of helicopter tour is called the "Hog Wild!" The flight distance of this is approximately 84 kilometers/52 miles and the price is $163 per person.

In this tour, you will experience all of Sedona's Vortex sights. You will fly past the Cathedral Rock, Bell, Rock, and the Courthouse Butte.

You will also see the Snoopy Rock, the 3 nuns and the Holy Cross Chapel. Besides this, you will also see those mentioned in the first two helicopter rides.

• Hiking and Walking

• joiwatani's Profile Photo

Take the Sedona Air Tour

by joiwatani Written May 8, 2009

If money is not a problem at all, I would suggest that you take the Sedona Airtour. You can explore Sedona in a biplaine or helicopter and even tour the Grand Canyon with Sky Safari!!!

There are open-cockpit biplanes.

The Red Rock Helicopter Tours around Sedona:

Bear Wallow Run
    The Ancient's Way - signature tour
    Hog Wild

(Will come back to explain this!)

Instant Answers: Sedona