Know about this?
Dim City Lighting
Something we noticed right away is that the whole town keeps its lighting down really low. We asked a local and she said there is a city ordinance for this to keep the level of energy down so it will not affect the ambience of the area. Some other person said it was because of the observatory in Flagstaff, so who knows. I only know is it was hard to see the signs, especially if you’re traveling at night. This is especially hard if you do not know your way around. So take your time if your traveling around here at night.
- Historical Travel
- Family Travel
- Road Trip
Sedona is active with the...
Sedona is active with the NIGHT SKY PRESERVATION. This means, we do not have many street lights/post throughout the town. With out heavy lighting, we are able to enjoy the night sky, stars, planets and planitarium shows.
This can be dangerous for people crossing the road or intersections. Wear reflective clothing/shoes to avoid all types of accidents.
Please keep in mind, we are surrounded by the National Forest. You will see many types of wildlife. Do Not approach wild animals!! They basically make their way into town in search of food or water. Do Not feed or encourage them to follow you. Most food offerings can be potentially fatal for wildlife.
Contact the proper authority for help and rescue for all animals.
- Book now for big savings!
- Hotels.com Outstanding choice of hotels all over the world at fantastic prices.
- Save up to 60% on hotels.
- Hotwire.com Hotwire: Get a 4-star hotel for a 2-star price.
Sedona Travel Guide
Explore the World
- Toyohashi Hotels
- Marblehead Neck Hotels
- Springfield Hotels
- Edmundston Hotels
- Estado Anzoátegui
- Khon Kaen
- Del Mar Warnings and Dangers
- Monte Gordo Warnings and Dangers
- Zanzibar Island Warnings and Dangers
- Police Behavior
- Wroclaw Warnings and Dangers
- Province of British Columbia Warnings and Dangers
- Mahé Warnings and Dangers
- Harwich Warnings and Dangers
- Folkestone Warnings and Dangers
- Mendoza Warnings and Dangers
- Dutch Harbor Warnings and Dangers
- Traffic & Roads