Sierra Vista Restaurants

My plate of fish and baked potatoes
  • Restaurants
  • Restaurants

Most Recent Restaurants in Sierra Vista

Hibachi Grill Super Buffet: Nice Buffet

by Africancrab Written Aug 13, 2012
    Hibachi Grill Super Buffet Exterior

Recently the Hibachi Grill Super Buffet opened in Sierra Vista. Naturally I wanted to go there for a treat of Asian food. My family decided on dinner as I was not in the mood for cooking. We arrived a little after 6:00 pm and were greeted and seated by an English speaking waitress.

The place was relatively busy, but with the space being so grand, it looked empty. The interior is ambient and deceiving at the same time. It gives an impression of an up market restaurant yet this one is more on the average side.

I have eaten at better buffets, I would say this one is not any different than many I have been to in Tucson and Phoenix. What I regret not doing is trying their open grill.

The price was right and the food quite filling.

PS: "If it looks good, eat it" - Andrew Zimmerman

Texas Roadhouse: Mother's Day Dinner

by Africancrab Written Aug 13, 2012
    Texas Roadhouse Exterior

My husband took me to the Texas Roadhouse for Mother's day this year. I have eaten at one in Tucson and liked the food. I was pleasantly surprised by this one; a special Mother's day menu was available for $8.45, but we missed it as it was good only until 6:00 pm. Nonetheless we had a great a la carte order which included great steak and off the bone baby back ribs.

I ordered my steak well done with mushrooms and onions on the top, baked potatoes with sour cream and butter. My plate came with a side of Caesar salad, which was delicious. It was the best plate of food I have eaten all year. Mark ordered his steak medium rare, while Desire had the baby back ribs off the bone.

Mark ordered beer; Dos Equis, I had water and Desire had coke. All was less than $50 for the three of us.

Service was great, our waited was experienced and articulate. He never asked us twice for any of the orders he took and was swift with delivery.

PS: "If it looks good, eat it" -Andrew Zimmerman

My Big Fat Greek Restaurant: Greek Cuisine in Sierra Vista

by Africancrab Updated Aug 13, 2012

My plate

This is my second time around eating here; I must say I have not had a bad meal here yet. My husband decided to take us to dinner because I was craving Greek food the first time. Of course what I was craving is in Tucson at the Park Place Mall food court; a gyro platter with a side, a fast food I f you will. Nonetheless, he took us so I might ask that they prepare exactly what I was craving (he is quite considerate when I get crabby!!). I did not order what I was craving, nor did I bother the waitress with my cravings. I looked at the menu and decided to order. I ordered shish Kebabs with a side of pita bread and dip. My daughter ordered a Gyro platter while my husband did the man thing and ordered lamb.

The second time around, it was lunch and the place was rather quiet when we first arrived. We were seated by a pleasant lady who told us the name of our waitress. No sooner has we sat, than our waitress arrived to take our drink orders. I ordered sprite with lemon, my daughter got coke, and Mark ordered Land shark beer.

For starters we ordered a side of pita bread and hummus, and a plate of deep fried squid with lemon and two dressing. I try not to order starters normally because then I cannot complete my main meal. I must confess, I have never completed a whole meal in the US due to the quantity of food being served. Both appetizers were delicious.
    For the main course, my daughter went with a burger with a side of Greek salad. Mark went with a Gyro platter and a side of Greek Salad as well, and I ordered the Souvlaki Lamb served with Greek potatoes and fresh steamed greens
    Based on my knowledge of all thing Greek, the restaurant decor is not Greek at all. The restaurant kept what was originally used by the Italian Restaurant 'Johnny Carinos'. The exterior is clean and inviting. It is visible from highway 90.

My biggest complaint is that the noise level was high, I guess they are embarrassing the celebratory nature of Greek gathering. Average price is $12, they accept all major credit cards, debit cards, and cash.

Bunbuku: Friendly Asian Atmosphere

by Basaic Updated Apr 4, 2011

Bunbuku

Bunbuku is a Japanese/Korean Restaurant in Sierra Vista located at 297 W. Fry Boulevard. It is located in a storefront in a strip mall. The decor is simple and Asian. It is open from 11 AM to 9 PM Monday through Saturday, and 12 PM to 9 PM on Sunday. Bunbuku serves lunch and dinner. A dinner entrees and drinks will run you about $10 (less at lunch). Portions are generous; and the food is very good. They also serve Sushi and Steak. They bring you a variety of side dishes and will replenish them at no charge if you ask nicely. The cashier/hostess/wait staff are polite and attentive.

Favorite Dish: I prefer the Bulgogi or the Ton Gasu (Pork Cutlet).

La Casita: A Mexican Food Tradition in Sierra Vista

by Basaic Updated Apr 4, 2011

La Casita

La Casita is a Mexican Restaurant in Sierra Vista located at 465 E. Fry Boulevard. It is open from 11 AM to 9 PM Monday through Thursday; 11AM to 10 PM Friday; 11 AM to 9:30 PM Saturday; and 11 AM to 8 PM on Sunday. La Casita serves lunch and dinner. It also has take out, a full catering service and a banquet room. It has been in operation in Sierra Vista for 17 years. Two dinner entrees and drinks will run you a little over $20. Portions are pretty generous and the food is pretty good. The cashier/hostess and the wait staff are polite and attentive. Don't forget the 4 PM to 7 PM Happy Hour. Great Margaritas. Bring a designated driver. Photo(s) soon.

Favorite Dish: Love those Margaritas!!

• Jacquelynn's Profile Photo

The Mesquite Tree: The Mesquite Tree

by Jacquelynn Updated Apr 4, 2011

When I lived in Sierra Vista, this was the place to eat if you wanted a special meal. The Mesquite Tree is noted for it's tasty variety of meat, seafood, and pasta, all with lots of flavorful spice. If it's nice out, request to sit on the patio.

The Diner: Decent Diner

by Basaic Updated Apr 30, 2009

The Diner

The Diner was open here before, then it closed for a while. It has now opened again. The decor is like a diner in the 50s or 60s. Lots of chrome and neon and photos of movie and TV stars from the era.

Favorite Dish: I had the Liver and Onions which was not as good as I remembered.

Texas Roadhouse: Great Steak and Ribs; Big Portions

by Basaic Written Mar 6, 2009

Texas Roadhouse

When my friend Justin heard they were opening a Texas Roadhouse in Sierra Vista, he got very excited. I recently went there with him and his wife to celebrate her birthday. It was great! The decor is lots of wood and soft leather. There are peanuts on all tables and you just crack them and throw them on the floor. The bread was fresh and the butter had a touch of cinnamon making it a good combination. Justin had a nice sized steak which appeared very tender and he declared to be "great". I had catfish. The catfish was gently fried and I got 4 fillets. I also got mashed potatoes with the works and some delicious green beans. Price was very good for all that I got. Service was good too. The waiters or wiatresses wore jeans and black T-shirts. They also have beer and margaritas.

Favorite Dish: The catfish was gently fried and I got 4 fillets. I also got mashed potatoes with the works and some delicious green beans.

Kim Ba Woo's: Good Korean Food

by Basaic Written Apr 21, 2008

Kim Ba Woo's

In addition to Bunbuku, there is Kim Ba Woo's if you have an urge to eat Korean food. Kim Ba Woo's used to be the better place; but has declined a little in the last year or so. It's still not bad though and I love Korean.

Favorite Dish: If you like spicy, try the Pork Bulgogi. The lunch specials are a good deal.

• Eco-Tourism

Caffe O Le: Gather in Caffe O Le

by Basaic Updated Aug 13, 2007

Caffe O-Le

Caffe O-Le is open from 6 AM to 8 PM Monday through Saturday and 6 AM to 3 PM Sunday. It has been voted best place for Breakfast, lunch and to sit and have coffee numerous times since 1995. I had breakfast there with a friend one recent Saturday. My ham and cheese omelet was good but not great. The hash browns were good. Portions were more than adequate. Service was a little slow and sporadic; but they were very busy so that was understandable.

Favorite Dish: The breakfast was pretty good.

Delio's Italian Restaurant: Italian Restaurant and Old World Pizza

by TinKan Written May 29, 2005

Delio's Italian Restaurant

Delio's Italian restaurant combines the cozy and charming ambiance found in trattorias of the East coast, Chicago and San Francisco. The atmosphere is homey as well as functional, beautifully decorated and accented with splashes of neon lighting and Romanesque statues.

Very good food and a wonderful staff will help you along the way.

They are open
    11 am to 9pm Monday - Sunday

Favorite Dish: Each and every meal can be added to with a couple of delicious meatballs. The lasagna is AWESOME and who can beat a $3.95 margarita.

Oriental Buffet & Grill: Another Oriental Buffet

by TinKan Written May 29, 2005

In Sierra Vista you will find many places to eat. At least half of them have an oriental flavor.

We found this one to be the best for a quick all you can eat buffet which also has a grill section. There is even sushi and items for the kids like chicken nuggets and pizza.

They will cater your party of any size.

They are open:
    Sun - Thurs 11 am to 9 pm
    Fri & Sat 11 am to 930 pm

Favorite Dish: I am a big fan of spicy pork and orange chicken which are two things they make well here.

The trick is to wait until the new dishes are put out then "fill er up" .

Landmark Cafe: Come clown around

by TinKan Updated May 29, 2005

Landmark Cafe

This is a place that you can see your grandparents coming to for Sunday breakfast. Breakfast is what they are known for but I found that the dinners are just as good.

The place has around 1000 + clowns on shelfs, hanging from the roof and in just about any place you can place a clown. Come see for yourself... let's just hope you do not have a clown phobia...

Favorite Dish: I was in Sierra Vista for Easter 2005 and had my Easter dinner here. Ham, Yams, Veggies and cake..... ohhhh it was so good.

• Museum Visits

Daisy Mae's Steakhouse: Great steaks and fun

by TinKan Updated Jul 13, 2003

Daisy Mae's

I had asked the hotel staff where was a good place to get a steak as I wanted a good steak and each person told me I needed to go to Daisy Mae's as it was the best in town.

When you first walk in the door you think to yourself “Oh what kind of place is this?” but do not be taken aback by the looks. The entrance is the bar part of the place and as bars go it is a bit of…. Well a bar….. The tables for dinner and lunch are in the back with the open pit grill that the food is cooked on.

I had come in there to have steak but found that they had ribs on the menu and being the great rib eater I am I ordered them. The ribs were so tender that they fell off the bones and I never even had to touch the ribs and get my hands dirty (which kind of takes the fun out of eating ribs). The dinner came with garlic bread, baked beans and a baked potato and was priced at $16.50 for the full rack. It was worth every penny.

Next time I go here I am going to try their Angus steak which is suppose to be their specialty.

Instant Answers: Sierra Vista

Comments

Sierra Vista Restaurants

Reviews and photos of Sierra Vista restaurants posted by real travelers and locals. The best tips for Sierra Vista sightseeing.