Tombstone Restaurants

Tombstone
    by Martinewezel
    almost life size carving
    by painterdave
    Coloured PPL do be wary.....
    by chuksingh

Most Recent Restaurants in Tombstone

Longhorn Restaurant: Decent Breakfast

by Basaic Updated Jan 2, 2013

Longhorn Restaurant

The Longhorn Restaurant serves a pretty good breakfast. It also has steak, chicken, BBQ, etc. There is a full service bar. Hours are 7AM to 8 PM daily.

Favorite Dish: I had a very good Western Omelet; but the potatoes were overcooked.

Nellie Cashman's: One of the Better Ones in Tombstone

by Basaic Updated Feb 1, 2012

Nellie Cashman

UPDATE: Nellie Cashman's is under new management and has a new name. Will write a tip for the new restaurant soon.

Tombstone is not a place full of restaurants serving great food. In this environment, I would rate Nellie Cashman's above average. They serve steak, chicken, seafood, mexican dishes, pasta, and a variety of sandwiches and salads. The service was okay but not great. The cashier was nice and friendly, though. The most interesting thing about the restaurant is the history of the first owner (when it was called the Russ Restaurant) Nellie Cashman (see my things to do tip).

Favorite Dish: I had a grilled cheese sandwich and Albondigas Soup. The sandwich was about what you would expect, the soup was very good.

• Yaqui's Profile Photo

Helldorado Town: Rustic Charm~

by Yaqui Updated Oct 6, 2011

This is not just a restaurant, but provides several types of entertainment. They even have a putt-putt coarse. and a stunt wild west show. We ate here and were happy with the food and service. It is rustic, so do not exspect anything fancy.

Show times for Hollywood Stunt Show: Daily at 11:30 am, 1:00 pm and 3:00 pm.

• Arizona_Girl's Profile Photo

The Longhorn: Best Apple Cobbler EVER!

by Arizona_Girl Written Jul 21, 2010

Great southwest style American dishes, pulled pork, big hamburgers, even their soups are worth it. But the BEST part are their desserts. They have 3 daily desserts: Apple Cobbler, Death by Chocolate Cake, and Carrot Cake. I've never had the Carrot Cake (I am allergic to Walnuts and Pecans) but my brother-in-laws its wonderful Carrot Cake. To understand how wonderful I think the Apple Cobbler is, you must know one fact- I am a serious Chocoholic! Their Death by Chocolate Cake is good, and I occasionally get it, but their Apple Cobbler is worth every single calorie you put into your mouth. It is so absolutely fabulous I will go to Tombstone (about an hour away) just to have it. Their service has always been top too.

Favorite Dish: The Apple Cobbler

• painterdave's Profile Photo

All have their own "feel": Saloons and atmosphere

by painterdave Written Jul 29, 2009

large stained glass window

This is not a review of "a" restaurant. It is a tip to encourage you to go inside the many businesses, saloons, and restaurants to see their cowboy attempt to attract tourists.
    Below I have included a stained glass window from one of the saloons, that actually has several very nicely designed and well constructed stained glass windows. You don't expect this kind of thing in Tombstone.
    Also I have included a cigar store Indian, typical from that era. Carved entirely from wood (pine) and painted, you will see this along the street in front of a business.
    If you need a tip of a place for hamburgers, there is one written by one of my VT friends from Belgium who is an expert at hamburgers and barbecue food. Look for this tip for info.

• Martinewezel's Profile Photo

Crystal Palace: Best hamburger ever

by Martinewezel Written Jun 27, 2009

Tombstone

Wanna feel the spirit of the ol' West? This is a beautiful saloon, with a large antique wooden bar, complete with mirrors and cowboys. Yes... cowboys. Those are beer drinking locals dressed like their ancesters. It's really great for tourists!
    Even the waiters are cowboys and the bar maid and waitresses are dressed like in the old days, which is: long shiny dresses and scantily at the top. There is something for everybody.
    The food is good. My husband and I visited the States several times and I must admit that the hamburger we tasted here is the best!
    The service is friendly and however the restaurant was packed, we didn't have to wait for our meal. I really can recommend this restaurant.

Favorite Dish: We had lunch here. A simple "Duke burger" topped with bacon, roast beef, BBQ sauce American cheese and melted American cheese, all piled on a toasted sesame seed bun.

• chuksingh's Profile Photo

LONGHORN RESTAURANT TOMBSTONE: COLOURED PPL BE WARY....

by chuksingh Written Feb 18, 2008
    Coloured PPL do be wary.....

Here's the facts.....
    We (my girlfriend and I) smelt the lovely aroma of bbq'd meat outside on the streets of Tombstone...tracking it down to the LONGHORN. We decided to eat here. When we walked thru the door, there was a slight stare from a few staff at a counter near the front of the initial room - which was the main eating room. There were several caucasian ppl seated, as well as SEVERAL free tables perfect for a couple like us. This struck myself and my girlfriend immediately as interesting, since we were walked past all of these available tables by the staffer....we were eventually seated in a little partly concealed room out the back...we thought it was quaint and felt quite SPECIAL that we had our own room....the waitress who served us (different from the staffer who seated us) was friendly and even commented on why we were put there...anyways, the meal was nice...as we finished, a family sat at the only other table in the room - they were a black family - most likely the only other non-white ppl in the restaurant...u might imagine that our minds were thinking things that obviously wouldn't occur in 2008, would they? Anyways, no accusations, just observations, and a warning to be wary...sorry that the food review didn't really mention food - the rating got overshadowed somewhat...i'd be interested to hear if anyone else out there visits here and has a similar experience - more likely to work if you have a tan ;-)

Favorite Dish: i think i had a burger - tasted like a typical American burger....

• Desert

Miner's Shack Cafe: Not Like it Used to Be

by Basaic Written Jan 17, 2008

Miner's Shack Cafe

The Miner's Shack Cafe is what became of the Top O' the Hill Restaurant when it came under new ownership. It is located on Highway 80 across from Boothill (is it a good idea to locate your restaurant by a cemetery?). They serve steak, chicken, shrimp, chops, BBQ ribs, and have daily specials.

Favorite Dish: I had a meatloaf sandwich and it was pretty good; but the food and service is not as good as it was as the Top O' the Hill. I miss Don Teodoro's, now THAT was good food.

OK Cafe: Try Another Place

by Basaic Written Dec 17, 2007

O K Cafe

The OK Cafe offers breakfast: Consisting of pancakes; french toast; omelets; eggs and other fare; and lunch consisting of burgers (to include emu, veggie and buffalo burgers) sandwiches; soup; hot dogs; salads and chili. Hours are 7 AM to 2 PM daily.

Favorite Dish: I ordered chili and had to take an antacid afterwards, not because of any spiciness to the chili but because it was that bad. I don't plan to return.

• The Lamplighter Room: The Finest Dining in Tombstone!

by holliday4ever Written Oct 6, 2007

Excellent food, pleasant surroundings, and good service with an elegant, old-fashioned, unhurried pace – this is not New York! (Do not expect to be in and out of there in 30 minutes.)

The Lamplighter Room is our favorite restaurant in Tombstone. We have taken our friends there many times, always giving them their choice of where to go. They have told us, β€œIt’s the best place in town.” We agree. Adjacent to the Tombstone Boarding House B&B in an authentic original 1880's house, the Lamplighter has 4 dining rooms, one formal and private, two open and mexican-western themed, and one "family" oriented with shelves of toys and books to keep the little ones busy while waiting. On Friday and Saturday nights a classically-trained Spanish guitarist takes requests and performs -- beautifully, I might add -- for tips.

My husband usually orders from the *Mexican* menu, I order from the classic *Traditional* menu. The food, served in generous portions, has been delicious every time, and we eat there very often. As of this writing, I believe it is also the only restaurant to offer specifically *vegetarian* menu choices. We highly recommend the Lamplighter Room.

Favorite Dish: My husband has tried nearly everything on the Mexican menu and often has trouble deciding what to order because everything is so good. I don't eat Mexican food very often but I have tried one or two items from that side of the menu and enjoyed it very much. There's no one particular dish I would recommend as they are all good.

Many dishes are prepared with garlic, which I cannot eat, so I usually order from the traditional menu, either the steak or the pasta Alfredo, both of which they will prepare for me without garlic. You have the option to add chicken to the pasta Alfredo if you want more protein with your meal.

Last time we were there, the owner, Sylvia, told us that they had added some vegetarian dishes to their menu, since one of their boarders at the B&B was a vegetarian and had complained that there was nothing in town that she could eat except the pasta at the Lamplighter. So Sylvia put a few more veggie meals on the menu to serve that unserved group of diners.

Everything is excellent about the Lamplighter Room. We have never had a bad experience there. We recommend literally everything we have ever tried!

• Women's Travel

• matcrazy1's Profile Photo

Big Nose Kate's Saloon: The largest beer in the Wild West

by matcrazy1 Updated Feb 26, 2007

URSZULA (matcrazy0) AND HER BEER!

Big Nose Kate's is a saloon - a public bar typical for American frontier towns at the end of 19th century. The building was built in 1881 when 5,000-people Tombstone supported 110 (!) saloons and fourteen 24 hour gambling halls. It housed Grand Hotel with a saloon that time.

Now, it's a busy place to hear western (cowboy) music and see cowboy show played daily by a few local cowboys, cowgirls, shady ladies, sheriff and outlaws. It's a place for a drink and having fun in the Wild West, definetely not for a decent meal. The reasonable priced menu is limited to some appetizers, sandwiches and salads.

I enjoyed the live music and show, and lively atmosphere most. I also enjoyed watching visitors, old photographs, stained glasses and hundreds artifacts. I liked some funny writings on walls like "FREE BEER TOMORROW", "WE RESERVE THE RIGHT TO REFUSE SERVICE TO ANYONE". "FIGHT CRIME... SHOOT FIRST" as well as the names of some drinks 9see picture 3): sex in the desert, cowboy's/cowgirl's dream, and screaming orgasm.

Favorite Dish: We ordered draft beer. We were asked whether we wanted large ones and we as usual ordered large ones expecting to get about half a liter (1 pint) glasses. But at Big Nose Kate's Saloon large beer means twice larger than usual in the USA. It was the largest (2 pints) beer ever in the USA!

As I was a driver, most of cold and delicious beer was drunk by more and more amusing Urszula :-). Thanks it I could continue enjoying live music, that time "cowgirl music" in my car driving long way via Bisbee to El Paso, Texas. That was a drive!

• Beer Tasting

• matcrazy1's Profile Photo

Tombstone Coffee & Tea Company: A cup of coffee by the famous Concord Stagecoach

by matcrazy1 Updated Feb 26, 2007

TOMBSTONE COFFEE & TEA COMPANY TO RIGHT

This inexpensive restaurant serves typical American breakfasts and lunches (hamburgers, toasts, scrambled eggs, omeletes, steaks etc.) as well as numerous brands of cafe and tea. They also sell some gourmet food, especially cafe and teas.

But what I remember most is the wooden interior decor in the Old American West style including the 1800s six-passenger Concord Stagecoach that was used in a variety of John Wayne and Gene Autry movies like The Lone Ranger, Maverick, Cisco Kid and several Bonanza episodes.

Favorite Dish: We were not hungry. I had only a cup of surprisingly good amaretto flavoured coffee. It was my succesful experiment as amaretto caffee is almost unknown and for sure not popular at my place in Poland. Urszula had orange juice.

I have also seen Vogan's Alley Bar (sandwiches, beer, wine, beverages) at 487 E. Allen Street and Tombstone Stage Shop and Old Fashionable Candy next door - picture 3. But next time in Tombstone I would give a try to either the oldest restaurant in town called Longhorn Restaurant (see pictures 4-5; Virgil Earp was shot from its second floor; T-Bone steaks; 501 E. Allen St.) or more expensive Ranch22 Restaurant & Bar (BBQ and steaks with a view - 801 North Highway 80 West, at Best Western hotel on Highway 80 to Bisbee).

• malianrob's Profile Photo

Nellie Cashman: Local place

by malianrob Written Jul 6, 2006

I think the place used to be a hotel or someones house at one time. From what i have found out Nellie Cashman was an Irish woman who made a living openning up restaurants in Boom towns. She was known for feeding the miners and if they couldnt pay she still fed them.
    The place isnt much to look at but there appars to be alot of history here. As a matter of fact alot of things are original here like the floor boards.

Favorite Dish: There wasnt a whole lot of selection. the food was ok. mostly burgers and sandwiches. I got more out of the history of this place and learning some about Nellie Cashman. The food was secondary.

• roamer61's Profile Photo

Nellie Cashmans: Good Food

by roamer61 Written May 24, 2006

This nice restaurant serves local and American fod for breakfast, lunch and dinner. Food is wholesome and service is friendly. A good place to whet your appetite while visiting.
    The restaurant is named for Miss Nellie Cashman, who opened up a restaurant in Tombstone in 1880. She was known as a woman of charity because of the the good things she did for the miners here and elsewhere. You can read about her at http://www.tombstonevigilantes.com/nellie.html.

The price range selected is for dinner. Lunch is cheaper.

• Bela_LUng's Profile Photo

Longhorn: A fine breakfast and a fine meal...

by Bela_LUng Written Mar 23, 2005

We ate breakfast here and the place was packed. Good food was had. We ate dinner here and the place had a lineup. The food was as good and had some good BBQ.

The prices are reasonable here and the people friendly.
    Have some Saparilla! WOO!

They open at 8am and close at 10pm (iirc)

Favorite Dish: Pork Ribs!

Instant Answers: Tombstone

Comments

Tombstone Restaurants

Reviews and photos of Tombstone restaurants posted by real travelers and locals. The best tips for Tombstone sightseeing.