Tombstone Restaurants

Tombstone
    by Martinewezel
    almost life size carving
    by painterdave
    Coloured PPL do be wary.....
    by chuksingh

Most Recent Restaurants in Tombstone

• Stephen-KarenConn's Profile Photo

Big Nose Kate's Saloon: Great Food and Fun in the Wild West

by Stephen-KarenConn Updated Jan 14, 2005

Karen Entering Big Nose Kate's Saloon

This restaurant/saloon is named for Big Nose Kate, "the gal who loved Doc Holliday - and everyone else too!" It is a fun place to eat, and was a definite highlight of our visit to Tombstone. The building dates back to 1881 when it was the Grand Hotel, and the decor is old west with steer heads hanging on the wall, stained glass, and hundreds of photos and artifacts all around. There was a very good singer who played guitar and entertained us as we ate. A dude dressed like Wyatt Earp visited every table, and invited all who wished to have photos taken and we did - Karen atop an upright piano and me in a coffin. For a picture see our Local Customs tip.

Favorite Dish: We both had "Goldie's Over-Stuffed Ruben," because our server recommended it: toasted rye bread overstuffed with juicy corned beef, sauerkraut, swiss cheese & Kate's special sauce, served with french fries and a pickle wedge. It was delicious.

• Lionman's Profile Photo

The best hamburger I have eaten in my life.

by Lionman Updated Jun 18, 2003

Feeling hungry we hit a burger joint in Tombstone on the other side of the main street from the Crystal Palace. I had a 1/4 lb burger with bacon and my wife had a 1/4 burger with guacamole. We both had fries (that's "chips" if you are British!) and salad on the side. They were quite simply the BEST hamburgers and fries either of us have ever eaten anywhere!

For desert my wife had homemade apple pie and ice cream and I had cherry pie and ice cream, both were absolutely delicious and I am sure that the rest of the menu was equally tasty. HIGHLY recommended.

Our waitress was a slim and sparky old gal who could have stepped straight out of the old west.

The dining room had no windows and was lit by lanterns and it was easy to imagine it full of the roar of dining cowboys and the smell of sweat and horses, but the food was excellent, the tables clean and the service charming.

Favorite Dish: 1/4 pound Hamburger and bacon! The burgers were perfectly cooked and the bacon immaculate and very thick and lean, niether floppy nor carbonised and large enough for one rasher to more than fill the bun with plenty to spare. Had I been hungrier I would have tried the 1/2 pounder. The fries were the extruded kind made from creamed potato but were utterly delicious and perfectly cooked, crisp and hard on the outside yet succulent and soft on the inside. The salad was just enough to balance the meal.

• Ben-UK's Profile Photo

The Longhorn Restaurant

by Ben-UK Written Jun 2, 2003

The Longhorn Restaurant is the oldest continually operated restaurant in Tombstone. An historical building, it is located in what used to be the Bucket of Blood Saloon, the Holiday Water Company, and the Owl Cafe and Hotel. Virgil Earp was shot from the second floor.

• tricianna23's Profile Photo

Pony Expresso: Great Sandwiches and Coffee

by tricianna23 Written Feb 28, 2003

Rather small place but great service, friendly people and great food. They have sandwiches made to order and salads as well. menu is limited but very good. You can sit inside if the weather is bad, but outdoors is nice just about all the time. Great coffe here as well.

Favorite Dish: Roast beef on a croisant. mmmmmmmmm!

• National/State Park

• frankcanfly's Profile Photo

Big Nose Kate's Saloon

by frankcanfly Written Jan 26, 2004

A great bar, with some standard tourist food. This place was once a hotel and saloon, and there are photos and stories all over the place.

Instant Answers: Tombstone

Comments

Tombstone Restaurants

Reviews and photos of Tombstone restaurants posted by real travelers and locals. The best tips for Tombstone sightseeing.