Tubac Transportation

MY BUICK CENTURY IN TUBAC

Most Recent Transportation in Tubac

• matcrazy1's Profile Photo

Around Tubac and US school bus show :-)

by matcrazy1 Updated Feb 18, 2007

SCHOOL BUS

Tubac is a very small, easy to walk around, community with a few asphalted and a few gravel but flat streets (map here.)All streets or better to say roads are wide and lined with one-floor buildings.

There is a lot of space to park a car in Tubac. There are parking lots (no parking fees!) along a few streets which form the community: at the entrance, in front of a parish church and the Tubac Presidio State Historic Park. I started with a short tour by car to see where to go. Then I parked at the entrance to the community and strolled around shops and galleries. Finally I drove to a parish church and the Tubac Presidio State Historic Park.

US SCHOOL BUS
    There were very few visitors that Thursday in April until a school bus with kids arrived. So, I could see for the first time how typical US school bus looks like. We don't have specially built, painted and equipped school buses in Poland. Let me say that US school buses are painted an orange-yellow color (officially known as "National School Bus Chrome Yellow") for purposes of visibility and safety (human eye is the most sensitive to this colour) and equipped with specialized traffic warning devices. A STOP sign (see picture 4) moves and can stick out of the bus body to stop the traffic while kids are getting in or off; that time all orange lamps in the back and front are flashing. I've seen this "show" a few times in the USA. I liked these school buses and attention to kids safety on roads a lot and once again I realized that children are the most important people in the USA, right?

• matcrazy1's Profile Photo

To Tubac

by matcrazy1 Updated Feb 18, 2007

MY BUICK CENTURY IN TUBAC

You must have a car to get to Tubac which is located in southern Arizona, 24 miles (39 km) north of Mexican border in Nogales and 50 miles (80 km) south of Tucson. I drove I-19 (Nogales - Tucson) by car and took an exit 34. Look at Santa Cruz County map here.

But the first day I passed by Tubac driving I-19 along the Santa Cruz River Valley from Tucson southwards to Nogales and Mexican border. The next day I found some information and leaflets on Tubac at Nogales public library. It encouraged me to hit my car back to Tubac although it added some 24 miles (39 km) one way to my itinerary.

At that sunny Thursday midday the traffic was very light, so driving was comfortable and fast. Cruise control was very useful for me. Well, speed limit on the freeway - called interstate in the USA - is mostly 70 mph and never over 75 mph. Although you may easily and safely drive faster on empty freeway, my recommendation is to follow local drivers and not to exceed the speed limit given on a sign by more than 5 miles per hour. State police and speed control by aircraft may give you inconveniences.

Instant Answers: Tubac

Comments

Tubac Transportation

Reviews and photos of Tubac transportation posted by real travelers and locals. The best tips for Tubac sightseeing.