Know about this? Rate It!
Bear Canyon Trail
I was so unprepared for this trip. My boyfriend and I decided to go hiking. Drove out of Tuscon city to the Sabino Canyon Recreation Area. Right from the parking lot you can get onto the Bear Canyon Trail. It's 2.2 miles to the Seven Falls. The seven falls cascade through the Santa Catalina mountains ending into delicious cool pools that invite you to go swimming.
So off we go. I'm wearing a bathing suit, jean shorts and sandals. So the sandals were definitely not a good idea. The sun was baking and I was dying for some water. As we were walking I kept hear this 'buzzing' kinda sound.
So finally we make it to Seven Falls. Only the falls aren't falling. They are dry. But there are people there who are swimming in the pools. They give us beer. (things are looking up.) And we swim to cool off. Our new friends tell us the 'buzzing' sounds I kept hearing were rattlesnakes warning us not to come near! Oh goody, that's all I could think about on the trek back!
Lesson learned: 2 desert miles are not the same as 2 flat NJ miles!
- Hiking and Walking
See the Falls
Sabino Canyon. there is even a nice cool falls. All this area was made into a park in the depression days by out of work men who were paid a dollar a day and food plus a little tobacco. MAKE WORK PROGRAM back in the 1930.
GET YOUR FEET WET
Sabino Canyon is a park with streams and walking paths and nature trails. great site seeing and picnic area.
- Family Travel
Walk the walk
SABINO CANYON. YOU CAN EVEN BRING THE STROLLER PART WAY UP THE CANYON.
THERE IS A TOUR TROLLEY THAT TAKES YOU ALL THE WAY TO THE TOP FOR A FEW DOLLARS. VERY NICE TRIP.
- Save up to 50% on hotels.
- Hotwire.com Hotwire: Get a 4-star hotel for a 2-star price.
- Book now for big savings!
- Hotels.com Outstanding choice of hotels all over the world at fantastic prices.
Tucson Travel Guide
Explore the World
- Alligator River National Wildlife Refuge Hotels
- Murree Hotels
- Williamsburg Village
- Grand Canyon Hotels
- Nanuya Levu Hotels
- Florida Off The Beaten Path
- Chicago Off The Beaten Path
- Colorado Off The Beaten Path
- Tennessee Off The Beaten Path
- Washington State Off The Beaten Path
- Philadelphia Off The Beaten Path
- DAY TRIPS AROUND MUMBAI
- Outside Rome
- Las Vegas Off The Beaten Path
- Texas Off The Beaten Path
- Mackinac Island Off The Beaten Path
- Washington D.C. Off The Beaten Path