Sabino Canyon, Tucson

5900 N. Sabino Canyon Rd. Tucson, AZ 85750 (520) 749-2861

Know about this? Rate It!

Walking with walker
    Resting and wet feet
    Family picnic
  • Rhondaj's Profile Photo

Bear Canyon Trail

by Rhondaj Updated Apr 11, 2004
    A pool, but no falls!

I was so unprepared for this trip. My boyfriend and I decided to go hiking. Drove out of Tuscon city to the Sabino Canyon Recreation Area. Right from the parking lot you can get onto the Bear Canyon Trail. It's 2.2 miles to the Seven Falls. The seven falls cascade through the Santa Catalina mountains ending into delicious cool pools that invite you to go swimming.

So off we go. I'm wearing a bathing suit, jean shorts and sandals. So the sandals were definitely not a good idea. The sun was baking and I was dying for some water. As we were walking I kept hear this 'buzzing' kinda sound.

So finally we make it to Seven Falls. Only the falls aren't falling. They are dry. But there are people there who are swimming in the pools. They give us beer. (things are looking up.) And we swim to cool off. Our new friends tell us the 'buzzing' sounds I kept hearing were rattlesnakes warning us not to come near! Oh goody, that's all I could think about on the trek back!

Lesson learned: 2 desert miles are not the same as 2 flat NJ miles!

• Hiking and Walking

See the Falls

by Simonneeddy Written Sep 18, 2002

Water Fall

Sabino Canyon. there is even a nice cool falls. All this area was made into a park in the depression days by out of work men who were paid a dollar a day and food plus a little tobacco. MAKE WORK PROGRAM back in the 1930.

GET YOUR FEET WET

by Simonneeddy Written Feb 25, 2003

Resting and wet feet

Sabino Canyon is a park with streams and walking paths and nature trails. great site seeing and picnic area.

Walk the walk

by Simonneeddy Written Sep 18, 2002

Walking with walker

SABINO CANYON. YOU CAN EVEN BRING THE STROLLER PART WAY UP THE CANYON.
    THERE IS A TOUR TROLLEY THAT TAKES YOU ALL THE WAY TO THE TOP FOR A FEW DOLLARS. VERY NICE TRIP.

Instant Answers: Tucson