Places to eat in Tucson

Simple, yet very satisfying
    Old diner sign.
    by TheTravelSlut
    Hooters. A good lunch or quick bite

Most Viewed Restaurants in Tucson

• Africancrab's Profile Photo

The Abbey Eat & Drink: Apples and Baked Brie

by Africancrab Written Jun 26, 2014

After leaving Europe many years back, well France in particular, i never thought I would find a place that made some of the French delicacies that I so cherished. But recently, I went out with my daughter and son in search for something exotic and I found Baked Brie with apples at the Abbey. I had read from wheretraveler.com that this was the place to go, so here we were.
    Located at Sunrise drive, it has the vies of the Ventana Canyon.

I ordered the brie with apples, while my daughter and son shared pork tenderloin wrapped in bacon. Absolutely to die for.

Favorite Dish: Baked Brie with apples.

• roamer61's Profile Photo

The Bamboo Club: Great Oriental Cuisine

by roamer61 Updated Oct 24, 2013

This restaurant serves dishes of various kinds from all over Asia and the pacific rim. Vietnam, Thailand, China and Fiji are amongst the countries represented here by their cuisine. There are also a wide variety of specialty drinks to savor. Both the food and the service was exceptional.

Unfortunately, this restaurant is now CLOSED!

Favorite Dish: Mandarin Chicken. This tasty entree can be ordered seperate or part of a multi-course meal. It features white meat chicken cooked in a light and tangy mandarin orange sauce.

Cafe Cosa Poca: Best food in Tucson

by blueskyjohn Written May 29, 2013

I love this restaurant! The interior is beautifully decorated. There is outdoor seating which is very nice and where I ate. Although this restaurant is in the business district it is very quite and not much traffic. The wait staff is great and very attentive.

The unique thing about this restaurant is that they have no menus. The menu actually changes twice a day! What is being served is written on a small chalk board and brought to your table by the waiter.

They also have a bar.

Favorite Dish: I had a combination of Pollo Negro Mole and another pollo mole but it was a yellow squash (?) sauce. This was amazing! This is a case where I regret they do not have this on a permanent menu.

For dessert I had the chocolate mousse which was also excellent.

• blueskyjohn's Profile Photo

Blue Willow Restaurant: Good food and a gift shop!

by blueskyjohn Written May 27, 2013

I have stopped in to Blue Willow several times over the years. It is a nice lunch option. Service is fast and the food is good. My only problem was that I ordered a sandwich and asked if it came with any sides. The waitress didn't so no or yes, just "would you like some chips" I said sure. So my sandwich came with a bag of chips and I was charged additional for the chips!

Favorite Dish: My favorite is the chicken salad with cranberries and walnut on 11 grain bread.

• blueskyjohn's Profile Photo

Renee's Organic Oven: Organic Pizza!

by blueskyjohn Updated May 27, 2013

Renee's is a small eatery with indoor seating and a few tables outside. I always opt to eat outside when I can and the weather was beautiful. The staff was very pleasant and attentive which is important when sitting outside. The location is part of a small strip mall.

The food is very good. They specialize in organic products used in specialty pizzas.

Favorite Dish: I had the Thai Pizza. It was very good but a little on the small size. You can get a larger pizza but then it would probably be too much.

• Africancrab's Profile Photo

McDonalds at 22nd and Kolb: French Fries

by Africancrab Written May 26, 2013

I do not do fast foods much except when I want French fries. I think I have written a McDonald's review before, but it was about the coffee. This one is about the French fries; my love for McDonald's fries has created addicts of my daughter and son as well. We stopped by the store on 22nd St. and Kolb road to get fries for my 15 month old son and 13 year old daughter. I resisted the urge to get me one by ordering their Snack Wraps.

1 large bag of French fries for $2.29
    2 Chipotle BBQ Snack wraps (crispy) for $1.69 each
    1 large coke for $1.00

You can not beat this price. My snake wrap had crispy chicken, Chipotle sauce, cheese,and lettuce.

We were happy campers leaving the drive way. If you have never eaten the fries at McDonalds, you should try them, they are delicious and addictive. I love their snack wraps too, not the new ones, the original wraps.

PS: "If it looks good, eat it" Andrew Zimmerman

Miss Saigon: Great for lunch

by blueskyjohn Updated May 25, 2013

The food at this little restaurant is great. It is a good place for lunch. There are two seating areas in separate rooms and there is a big take out demand. The service was very good and friendly.

The food is Vietnamese.

Favorite Dish: My favorite dish is the Curry Chicken.

• blueskyjohn's Profile Photo

Neo of Melaka: Awesome Malay!

by blueskyjohn Updated May 24, 2013

The ambience is great. But nothing compares to the food. The service is very good. Staff very helpful with suggestions from the menu.

The menu has great options and the food is authentic Malaysian. I haven't had Malaysian food this good since I was in Malaysia three years ago.

I have eaten here quite a few times and it was excellent each time.

Update 2013: Neo's has changed locations. The new location is now updated here. Still very consistent as I had the same thing I always have, Spring Rolls and Beef Rendang.

The new location is a step down on atmosphere. They have a new restaurant called "OM" which I also reviewed this trip. They took over the old location.

Favorite Dish: For an appetizer the veg. spring rolls were great. My favorite dish was the Beef Rendong.

Cafe Passe: A great whole in the wall

by blueskyjohn Written May 19, 2013

A very small cafe on 4th ave. they have a few seats out on the side walk but also a back courtyard and an indoor dining area. Seems to be a typical theme to order at a counter and someone will bring your food to you. I happened to be in a rush and it was nice the food came out very fast. I had a turkey sandwich with avocado on 9 grain bread. Very good. It also came with a salad that was very good because they mixed in basil.

The B Line: Good food and yummy desserts

by blueskyjohn Written May 18, 2013

Checked this place out for lunch. I liked this place a lot. You order at a counter and they bring the food out to you. Menu is on a large black board. I had a hibiscus iced tea, and a black bean burger. I requested to add some avocado which they did. The burger is a little spicy but very good. So good I went back a second day for the same burger but the second time I got guacamole instead.

They also have amazing desserts. Each day I got a large oversized chocolate chip cookie. They do something unique and sprinkle salt on it. So good!

I also stopped in one night for chocolate cream pie. Another winner.

Favorite Dish: The chocolate chip cookie with the salt. The hibiscus iced tea is excellent as well.

Om Modern Asian Kitchen: Love the food and atmosphere

by blueskyjohn Written May 18, 2013

Om is located in the same location that Neo of Melaka was in. According to the hostess, Om and Neo have the same owner and Neo moved to another location. Same wonderful atmosphere as was in Neo's, buddhist based with soothing music and asian/buddhist decor. Om was very quiet and not many people. The wait staff were very friendly.

I started with the spicy tuna roll. You have a choice between Ahi and yellowfin. This did not come with any dipping sauce but I requested a chipotle mayo that my waitress was happy to bring. However, the tuna was just ok. I would not order that again. For the main course, I ordered the Thai Basil chicken. This was very good but different from other Thai basil dishes I've had. There was only some sliced carrots and the chicken was ground and stead of sliced.

For dessert, I had the chocolate lava cake with vanilla ice cream. This was also very good, served warm. It is cooked to order so it takes about 15 minutes.

Overall a very nice experience.

World Wide Wrappers: Should have been better

by blueskyjohn Written May 18, 2013

Great location on 4th Ave. small place with some indoor and outdoor seating. I had a wrap that you can build your own. Chicken, beans, rice, guacamole, lettuce and pico de gallo. It was not very good. Hardly any chicken or guacamole. I would not go again.

Beyond Bread: Nice pastries

by blueskyjohn Written May 18, 2013

Beyond Bread has three locations in Tucson. I went to the one on Speedway. Even though it was about 7:30 am hardly anyone was here. This location is very spacious and has outdoor seating. There are no menus posted so I did not know a full breakfast is available. I chose some pastries because that is what was on display. I had a chocolate croissant and something called a magic bar. Extremely sweet for breakfast but very tasty.

Breakfast of champions

Sher-E-Punjab: Punjab cuisine!

by blueskyjohn Written May 16, 2013

Basically this is Indian food. The restaurant is in a strip mall with plenty of parking. The interior is nicely decorated and the staff very friendly. It seems to be a family run restaurant. I am familiar with Indian restaurants but typically order chicken sagwalla. I did not see this on the menu. Being that it was late at night, I was lucky enough to have the owner take my order. There was a description of a dish that match the ingredients of sagwalla. This was Palak Chicken. The owner told me this is chicken sagwalla but called Palak in Punjab.

Favorite Dish: Because I order the same thing usually at Indian restaurants, I can say this is one of the best chicken sagwalla (Palak chicken), I ever had.

Saigon Pho: Good and Fast

by blueskyjohn Written May 16, 2013

This is a great place for lunch. You order at a counter and have seat. The seating area is not very big and often you have to share tables. I ordered the BÚN THỊT NƯỚNG -BBQ PORK AND VERMICELLI. It was very good. They also have unsweetened iced green tea, one of my favorite drinks but it was a little expensive.

They do have outdoor seating but it is in direct sunlight and no shade at all.

Tucson Hotels

Latest: Jul 12, 2014
Clarion Hotel & Suites Santa Rita
1 Review & Opinion

Instant Answers: Tucson

Comments

Tucson Restaurants

Travel tips and advice posted by real travelers and Tucson locals.
Map of Tucson