Willcox Restaurants

Most Recent Restaurants in Willcox

• Basaic's Profile Photo

Rodney's: Down Home Cookin

by Basaic Updated Nov 5, 2013

The decor of Rodney's is like the owner; no frills, no gimmicks, just simple down home style. It looks like what you would see at a family reunion or a church social (except for the pictures of entertainers and the obligatory Rex Allen memorabilia). I sat at the new Rodney's Annex; there is also a patio out back. I had to follow Rodney back to the kitchen to order. When I asked for a soda he pointed out the side door to a cooler and said, "help yourself". I felt like I was back home, like a member of the family. The food was also very down home. I had chicken and sausage gumbo. It was well prepared with a distinct flavor and strongly spiced with black pepper. Other offerings include: barbecued pork sandwiches and plates of ribs, shrimp, and catfish. I really enjoyed the food and the relaxing atmosphere. Since it was an unusual time to eat 3 PM, I was the only patron. After eating and paying my $8, I sat at a sidewalk table and had a great conversation with Rodney. He is a very interesting fellow with a lot of personality. As we sat there all the locals who drove by yelled "Hey, Rodney" and waved. Definitely calls for a return visit. I loved it!

Have now eaten here 4 times and had 4 different items. All were quite good. THE best place in town!

Favorite Dish: I had chicken and sausage gumbo. It was well prepared with a distinct flavor and strongly spiced with black pepper. Nov 2013: Catfish was great too!

Rodney and Rodney's Rodney's Annex Rodney Closeup

• Basaic's Profile Photo

Plaza Restaurant: Good Food, Great Portions

by Basaic Written Dec 27, 2007

The Plaza Restaurant is co-located with a Chevron Station. The decor is like a diner with Formica and metal. The food, however, is better than the surroundings might suggest. Portions are large too. Our waitress was attractive and attentive. She was a little distracted though. I think this was because she was at the end of her shift.

Favorite Dish: I had the liver and onions with mashed potatos and peas. Very good and plenty of it.

Plaza Restaurant Plaza Restaurant Sign
    • Music

• Rodney's: Best Bar-BQ in the World!

by GoldenHaze Written Jun 9, 2004

It's one of your hole-in-the-wall restaurants, and the best ever at that! Rodney serves up everything from Barbecue beef to green chile burritos to Poor Boy sandwiches. You can eat in the back or the front, and the back is heated during the winter. Rodney's is wedged in between the bar (so if you want a drink...) and the pet store, but it's not too hard to miss. This place is special because it's a one man operation and he does the best job!

Favorite Dish: Rodney's hot wings. They are so hot that they will burn the flesh off of your tongue. Well...not quite. But if you like hot, they are definitely worth trying.

Instant Answers: Willcox

Comments

Willcox Restaurants

Reviews and photos of Willcox restaurants posted by real travelers and locals. The best tips for Willcox sightseeing.