Bella Vista Favorites

• Plaque in memory of
    Plaque in memory of "Lady", Black...
    Allan Tanyard Creek Nature Trail
  • The Dog Who Posed With Stick in His Mouth
    The Dog Who Posed With Stick in His...

Most Recent Favorites in Bella Vista

• deecat's Profile Photo

You Discover A Great Deal Reading Signs

by deecat Updated Nov 1, 2005

Allan Tanyard Creek Nature Trail

Favorite thing: We took a good deal of time to walk the 2.5 mile nature trail because we faithfully read all the signage. This photo shows Allan on the bridge in front of a small cliff overhang. The plaque told about the importance of this area, especially to the Native Indians. The overhang provided a perpetual dry area where the Indians could make a fire, sleep, and keep warm and dry.

The sign also ask hikers not to disturb this area.

Just about 10 feet away was another ledge with natural spring water dripping over it. This would be the Indians source of water, which made this location even more desirable.

The bridge was built by volunteers and were also maintained by the volunteers. This is a large area, and we were impressed that it is so well taken care of.

Fondest memory: My favorite memory of this hiking trail was earning from reading the signage, meeting interesting people along the trail, and seeing all the beautiful, natural elements of the Bella Vista area. I will remember this walk for the longest time!

• Hiking and Walking

• deecat's Profile Photo

You Meet The Nicest People

by deecat Updated Oct 30, 2005

Plaque in memory of

Favorite thing: Please enlarge both photographs for the full effect!

While walking along the Tanyard Creek Nature Trail, Allan and I noted with interest that there were numerous benches that had bronze plaques in memory of a person, an animal, or an event.

We were busy reading the plaque about "Lady", the Johnson's black Labrador dog, when a couple walked by with a brown dog on a leash. The woman threw a stick, and the dog jumped into the small pond to fetch it. When the dog came out of the water, I took my trusty digital camera and snapped a photo. The woman could not get over that their dog actually posed for me. [See the second photo and enlarge it!]

Allan and I found this even to be ironic.

Fondest memory: After I snapped the photo, the four of us stood and talked. They lived in Bella Vista Village. I told them to give me their address, and then I would go back to the condo, place my camera on my Easy Share printer dock, make a copy for them and send it to them. The husband had paper and pen, and so he gave us their address.

We developed the photo, went to the Post Office and purchased an envelope and stamps, and then we mailed it off that very day.

You just never know who you will meet along the Tanyard Creek Nature Trail!

• Hiking and Walking

Instant Answers: Bella Vista

Comments

Bella Vista Favorites

Reviews and photos of Bella Vista favorites posted by real travelers and locals. The best tips for Bella Vista sightseeing.