Little Rock Restaurants

Doe's Eat Place: Doe in the Headlights

by ATXtraveler Written Mar 3, 2014

Ambiance: None.
    Huge Menu: Nope.
    Drinks: They have what you need.
    Tables: Checkered picnic style tablecloths
    Awesome Service: Not really.

So why the 5 star rating? A 3.5 POUND porterhouse that the cook prepared to absolute perfection, and the best side of french fries I have tasted in a long time.

This place is ALL about the food, and if you are going for a perfect big steak, you could not find a better one.

• doug48's Profile Photo

capital bar and grill: american

by doug48 Updated May 20, 2012

on a recent stay at the capital hotel i decided to have lunch at the capital bar and grill. i ordered a hamburger which was excellent. the capital hotel is expensive but the food at the capital bar and grill was moderately priced. i was so impressed the value and service i decided to have dinner there as well. the capital bar and grill is a very worth while stop for lunch or dinner in downtown little rock.

capital bar and grill

• doug48's Profile Photo

redbone's: cajun

by doug48 Written May 20, 2012

redbone's is a good cajun/creole restaurant located in the river market entertainment district. good cajun food and the servers were professional. for those who like cajun cuisine redbone's is worth a visit in downtown little rock.

redbone's

• riorich55's Profile Photo

Boscos: Pizza and Wine

by riorich55 Written Aug 9, 2011

My 3rd restaurant review almost 2 years after the fact, but again I have some pictures and the bill from the evening to help jog my memory.

I had been to Bosco's one other time a few years earlier for lunch while we were down in Little Rock on an audit. So when I had the opportunity to come back again with another co-worker who wanted to see downtown Little Rock this was the logical place to go.

It was a bit of a rainy night so I didn't want to wander around too much. We parked our car across the street in the parking garage and after walking around just a little bit, checking out the other places to eat I suggested we head over here as I knew what to expect.

Favorite Dish: That evening, according to my bill, we had a Margherita and California pizza along with a glass of wine and a beer. The food was good, our server was very friendly and about the only negative for the evening was the loud crowd next to us.

Outside After the Rain Margherita Pizza Our Friendly Server

• richiecdisc's Profile Photo

Bosco's Brewpub: going to the well one too many times

by richiecdisc Written May 7, 2009

Bosco's is a small brewpub chain with outlets in Memphis, Nashville, and Little Rock. I have now been to the Memphis and Little Rock branches and must say I found them to be very much different. The Little Rock one was a bit less friendly but maybe it was bad timing or hard to compare it to Memphis where we had so much fun just the night before. It's a nice enough place decor-wise and very conveniently located right on Main Street so an easy stop if in town.

Favorite Dish: The food at Bosco's is a bit pricey if you are on a six-month trip with limited funds so we opted to eat on the road more inexpensively and stick to what we came to try: the beer. Unfortunately, the beer was not as good or varied as it was in the Memphis location. We had the Session Ale which was a light colored pale ale in the Sierra Nevada tradition. Not badly made, just nothing special. Our other choice was Patrick's Irish Stout, a dark ruddy brown brew that looked promising but was a bit on the sweet side for the style. It was more of a milk stout. I wouldn't say I'd never go back but not very likely I'll be in Little Rock again anytime soon anyway! If you can choose between Little Rock and Memphis, go with the latter.

St Patrick's Dry Stout & Session Ale

• jpalm1124's Profile Photo

Forty Two: Presidential Food

by jpalm1124 Written Oct 8, 2008

The Forty Two in the restaurant located on the bottom floor of the Clinton Presidential Library and Museum, a local told us about this place and said very few people knew that it was there. They only serve lunch, Mo-Sa 11am-2pm, Sunday Brunch 10:30am - 2pm, when you enter the library tell them that you are just going to the restaurant and their is no admission fee charged. There is indoor or outdoor seating over looking the park and river.
    The service was the best I can remember having.

Favorite Dish: We ordered the Presidential Club, the waiter told us that President Bill was the one who created this sandwich, you may not like his politics but you will love his sandwich, this was the best club sandwich I have ever had, it comes with a side of fries or fresh fruit.

• 807Wheaton's Profile Photo

Cheers Restaurant: Cheers - Great place in The Heights

by 807Wheaton Written Jan 31, 2008

We arrived at this busy, but casual neighborhood place about 7:30 PM but we were seated almost immediately inside. Our server was new on the job but she was very helpful and attentive.
    We ordered the Angus Beef Hamburger that came with fries and grilled onions. It was good.
    Cheers is a very nice little neighborhood restaurant in The Heights, a great place to visit and have a home. If you are ever in Little Rock I would recommend taking the time to look it up and enjoy a meal there.

Favorite Dish: The Angus Beef Hamburger was very generous and tasty.

• Seniors

• 807Wheaton's Profile Photo

Trios Restaurant: Trios - A nice neighborhood place

by 807Wheaton Written Jan 31, 2008

We were staying with a friend in Little Rock who took us to Trios for dinner on a Monday evening. We were impressed by the quiet and relaxed ambiance as soon as we were greeted and seated.
    Our helpful and attentive server recommended the Shrimp & Artichoke Remoulade, which I ordered. My husband and our friend ordered Peck's Special Salad, which is Romain and leaf lettuces, with grilled chicken, toasted almonds, and vinegrette from The Hotel Sam Peck. The Shrimp & Artichoke Remoulade was a whole artichoke filled with Remoulade sauce and served with fresh boiled shrimp, fresh fruit and herbed cheese toast. Both of these choices were fresh and light. Maybe a little too light for my husband for an evening meal.
    Trios is on Cantrell which is a main street (Route 10) through Little Rock, so it's easy to locate in this comfortable neighborhood. If you are ever in the area I would recommend a drive over and give it a try.

Favorite Dish: The Shrimp & Artichoke Remoulade was a surpising light meal - but fresh with different textures.

• Seniors

• saraheg77's Profile Photo

The Flying Burrito: Build Your Own Burrito

by saraheg77 Written Jun 19, 2007

This is a local Build-your-own-Burrito shop. They have 3 locations in Arkansas - this one in Little Rock and two in Fayetteville. It's a great place to have a bite to eat when you are in Little Rock's River Market District. My friend and her 19-month-old were with me and the 19-month-old loved her cheese quesadilla and guacamole... but then we knew she loves guacamole. She is a smart kid! :D

This location has been opened since June 2006 and seems to be doing great! Take a look at their website if you want to see the history, full menu, or catering options!

Favorite Dish: The burrito is the specialty and they range from $5.49-$6.49 depending on the choice of meat. The burrito also comes with some chips and salsa. There are also tacos, salads, rice bowls, nachos, & quesadillas.

Front of The Flying Burrito Counter at the Flying Burrito Having Lunch

• PKCass's Profile Photo

Damgoode Pies: Pizza you way

by PKCass Written May 21, 2007

On the recommendation of a someone who lives in Little Rock, I called in an order for delivery to Damgoode Pies. I was not disappointed. Damgoode Pies offers a variety of options for your pizza, starting with three kinds of crust - thick and chewy, thin and crispy, and stuffed crust. Then there are eight different sauces you can choose and several topping choices. If you can't decide, there are also specialty pizzas with the choices already made. In addition, the menu has sandwiches, salads, and desserts. See the website for the menu and other information about Damgoode Pies. Move your mouse over the pizza slices on the website to bring up the site options.

Favorite Dish: I had the 6 inch Greek pizza with a thin crust. It was really good! I paired it with a small mixed leaf salad which was also quite good. There is a $10 minimum for delivery, so I added on a slice of brown cow cheesecake to make this minimum. Everything was delivered in about 45 minutes. I was quite pleased with this meal and recommend Damgoode Pies for anyone looking for something different than Pizza Hut or Domino's.

Damgoode Pies, 2701 Kavanagh

• PKCass's Profile Photo

Rumba!Revolution!: Yummy Mexi-Cuban food

by PKCass Written May 15, 2007

Rumba! is a Mexi-Cuban restaurant and Revolution! is a music room. Together, they are Rumba!Revolution!. I didn't have a chance to experience the Revolution! part, but I did dine at Rumba!. I found the food to be very tasty and better than average Mexican. I started with a mojito, which according to the menu can be made in a variety of flavors. The menu also lists a number of different brands of rum available (RUM-ba - get it?). Chips and salsa are served while you wait for your meal. For my entree, I chose the boneless margarita chicken breast with green chile sauce and mashed potatoes. I thought the portion size was about right - not huge, but enough. The entree came with rice and black beans. The service was quick, though admittedly I was there pretty early. I imagine the restaurant gets busy later. Overall, I enjoyed my experience here very much.

Favorite Dish: See the menu on the website. Everything I had was quite tasty.

• Music

• frankcanfly's Profile Photo

Cheers in the Heights

by frankcanfly Written Dec 20, 2006

This is a great place to have lunch, or to hang out on the roadside deck on a nice day. Tried some specials; like the Mushroom soup with Brie cheese. Yummy. The crabcakes were adequate, but nothing like my Maryland crabcakes.....

• Mindy_J's Profile Photo

The Faded Rose: Cajun can't be beat!

by Mindy_J Written Oct 16, 2006

I would eat here once a week if I could. This restaurant is in the heights, about 5 minutes from downtown.

Favorite Dish: Most definately the stuffed mushrooms for an apeitizer & then the Rose's special burger with Jap gravy.. ohh my gosh!!! Food can range from 7.00-25.00 per person

Night before my wedding at Faded Rose Sydney and I eating at faded rose

• Bostephenson's Profile Photo

Gypsy's: Best Lobster Bisque in the World

by Bostephenson Written Sep 21, 2005

On a recent trip to my ancestral home, a friend and I took a tip and dined at Gypsy's Restaurant. It might arguably have been the best meal of my life. I know I go on and on about the high quality of food in Little Rock, but Gypsy's really stepped it up a notch.

The wine list is also excellent. Sadly, as my friend and I are antagonistic wine drinkers (I won't touch white; she won't touch red) we were reduced to the more limited half-bottle menu. However, they have some excellent North American West Coast wines, as well as an impressive selection worldwide.

They occassionally have quiet live music. The restaurant gives of a dressy-casual feel, which is a true step up from it's former stuff incarnation as Alouette's.

Favorite Dish: Eat the "Best Lobster Bisque in the World!" You can't miss it. It's the first thing on the appetizer menu, and Jill and I agreed that we'd be more than willing to chug it if they'd supply the proper vat.

Menu changes regularly. I had duck in an apple sauce. It was done perfectly. Jill was delighted with her crab cakes. Also, if you aren't already too full, go for the Creme Brulee. Exquisite!

• soundsgoodtome's Profile Photo

Flying Saucer: Good Restaurant-Pub

by soundsgoodtome Written Jul 31, 2005

The flying saucer is a nice restaurant probably more known for its large selection of beers, ales, lagers, and stouts from around the world. The atmosphere is very casual, you come in and sit where you like, including on couches, with no host to wait on you. It is made to look like a traditional German pub and the waitresses wear short, plad skirts, knee-highs, and small strapped shirts. The service is excellent.

Favorite Dish: The flying saucer also has a good selection of food to go with the beer, the menu even suggests which beer to try with every entree. The chicken caesar wrap was pretty good, although not excellent, and the fries were delicious. I would definitely go back.

• Study Abroad

Instant Answers: Little Rock

Comments

Little Rock Restaurants

Reviews and photos of Little Rock restaurants posted by real travelers and locals. The best tips for Little Rock sightseeing.