Alameda Restaurants

Most Recent Restaurants in Alameda

• SteveOSF's Profile Photo

Tomatina: Great Pizza

by SteveOSF Written Feb 8, 2009

Tomatina is a great pizza parlor located on Park Street, one of the main commercial corridors, in Alameda. They serve fresh pizza, pasta, and salads in a family atmosphere. Their dough, dressings, and sauces are all made from scratch. Their pizzas are generally of the thin crust variety, decorated with fine toppings, and cooked to perfection. They have some excellent salads to complement their pizza and pasta. Tomatina has about four locations throughout the east Bay including Walnut Creek.

• Study Abroad

• SJTravel's Profile Photo

Bowzer's Pizza: Good pizza interesting atmosphere

by SJTravel Written Sep 1, 2008

I have never had a full pizza here, but have been a few times for slices. There slices are really good and I have never had to wait very long for my food. It is always pretty busy when I go with people ordering for dine-in and take out. It is your typical thin sliced pizza, but they also offer deep dish as well. I recommend the thin slice because it is delicious.

Favorite Dish: Really anything, whatever your preference is.

• SJTravel's Profile Photo

Acapulco Restaurant: Great Mexican Food, Great Service

by SJTravel Written Sep 1, 2008

This place is absolutely charming. It is not a big restaurant, so if it is busy, you may have to wait. And if you have a big party, you may have to eat at a couple different tables. But all the parties who had to do that, were happy to because the food here is absolutely great. Not to mention the service is awesome. They are family owned and operated and they really believe that service is what keeps people coming back. Rosie, the waitress we had, was super busy, but she handled everything with elegance and ease. The food is simply delicous and the prices are not bad at all. The free (homemade) chips and salsa are delicious. You can fill up on that alone, but you definitely don't want to because the meals are great too. The entire time I was there, there was a long line for dining in and taking out. So if you are in the area, definitely try this little gem of a Mexican Restaurant.

Favorite Dish: I have only been once so I can only comment on the food that was eaten at my table. I had the 1/2 steak burrito meal with pinto beans instead of refried beans. The pinto beans were delicious, I definitely recommend the substitute. When they say 1/2 burrito they mean, 1 because the full dinner comes with 2. But 1 is enough for most people. In fact, I didn't even finish the one I had because it comes with rice and beans as well. The steak wasn't like steak, more like marinated beef, but it was good. My dad had the chicken and that was good too, it is definitely what you are in the mood for. My stepmom had vegetarian burrito and she really liked that as well because it was a lot less heavy (and a lot less carbs) than the other burritos.

• memixer's Profile Photo

Ole or Ode? Can't remember.....

by memixer Written Sep 7, 2002

Ole or Ode? Can't remember.. other folks help me out here.. you don't need to eat the rest of the day after getting one of their famous and HUGE breakfasts.. you may have to wait outside in line so get there early if you can and get a table in back it is much more quiet and nicer.

Favorite Dish: Pecan Waffles and bacon.. YUMMY

Instant Answers: Alameda

Comments

Alameda Restaurants

Reviews and photos of Alameda restaurants posted by real travelers and locals. The best tips for Alameda sightseeing.