Favorite thing: At the end of the cellblocks there were pictures of the Infamous Inmates.
- George 'Machine Gun' Kelly : Kidnapping - 1934 - 1951
- Al 'Scarface' Capone : Tax evasion : 1934 - 1939
- Robert Stroud 'the Birdman of Alcatraz' : manslaughter, Murder - 1942 - 1959
- Meyer 'Mickey' Cohen : Racketeering - 1961 - 1962
- Alvin 'Creepy' Karpis : Kidnapping, Bank robbery - 1936 - 1962
- Arthur 'Doc' Barker : Kidnapping - 1935 - 1939
Fondest memory: learning about the history of this prison
- Historical Travel
Lots of photo ops here
Favorite thing: The entire island is full of architectural beauty. This is hard to believe, but all buildings there are beautiful, except for the inside of the prison, which will "creep you out".
Fondest memory: Except for the beautiful buildings, which are only beautiful because of the aging of them, there are no fond memories. It is very eerie and depressing even after all of these years and on a beautiful sunny day. It IS historically very interesting.
- National/State Park
Favorite thing: Make sure you have something to eat before you go to Alcatraz. There is are no places where you can buy food on the island. You can buy food on the boat ride to Alcatraz but obviously it is a bit more expensive than the mainland.