Built by a sea-captain named La Monge around 1890. In 1904 it was remodeled to serve as a boarding house for PG&E employees.
Years later it was owned by Norbert Garrick, who died in in an upstairs bedroom. His son Cy maintained the house after that, before selling it in 1967 to Fred Raynor.
. It seems the ghost of Norbert Garrick wanders through from time to time, dressed in farmers overalls. When Fred's brother visited the house for the first time, the first words out of his mouth were, "You know there's a ghost in the house." Fred's reply was, "We thought so."
In addition to being a documented haunted house, it served, at various times, as the first Alviso city hall, a bordello, and a post office.
Alviso is in between highway 237 and the San Francisco Bay. 99.9% of people don't even notice it's there. Recently, they built many modern buildings along the highway that are in Alviso and that make the old town even more hiden. The town is extremely small and now part of San Jose which explains why it's not shown on most maps.
The old Wade residence. The lumber for this home was precut in New England and shipped around the Cape Horn in 1851.
Wade Warehouse. Constructed in the late 1860's. Grain was stored here prior to being shipped to San Francisco. The building was later occupied by Wells Fargo.
The old marina is not used anymore but can still be seen from the street. Many pictures are at the link below: