Arcata Favorites

Most Recent Favorites in Arcata

• photochaser's Profile Photo

Sceenery

by photochaser Updated May 12, 2003

Favorite thing: The pace is much slower than in SoCal. The people are friendlier and the scenery breath-taking.

Fondest memory: All of the times I have been here have been great. The weather is a bit chilly sometimes, but the sight seeing is always good.
    I really enjoyed the day when my sister, my brother-in-law and I went 4 wheel driving on the beach. Splashing through the water and spraying it everywhere. Later we had a campfire on the beach and cooked hotdogs. It was so relaxing and fun.

• Beaches

• pipster's Profile Photo

My favorite pastime, other...

by pipster Written Aug 25, 2002

Favorite thing: My favorite pastime, other than traveling, is taking in a movie...Even though I live in a relatively small area we never suffer from a lack of theaters. The Minor Theater was built in 1914 and is the oldest continually active theater is the U.S. They actually have three or four screeens in this small building and the interior reflects its age, but nicely. The theater has a small lobby and in the winter some of the 'rooms' and auditorium can be down right chilly, but wearing a coat is kinda the norm for this part of the coast so it doesn't usually have much of a negative impact. The theater is actually said to be haunted with strange lights showing up in photos that were not there in the first place, but as long as 'they' don't sit next to me or try to eat my red vines I'm not too worried.

• jgemini65's Profile Photo

The 'Plaza' in the center of...

by jgemini65 Written Aug 25, 2002

Favorite thing: The 'Plaza' in the center of Arcata is something you won't miss when you visit! This is the setting for many of the city events!

Fondest memory: This place looks very inviting from this view; However, be aware of the many transients on the plaza! They are NOT all that friendly! Many can be a bit crude!

Instant Answers: Arcata

Comments

Arcata Favorites

Reviews and photos of Arcata favorites posted by real travelers and locals. The best tips for Arcata sightseeing.