Bass Lake Travel Guide

• Bass Lake
    by janders

Bass Lake Things to Do

by sunshinejo Written Jun 6, 2006

Pine Village is a small resort to the north east of Bass Lake. There are quite a few facilities here including a grocery store, hotel and restaurant, cafe, boat hire, post office, estate agent and so on. It was pretty quiet, peaceful and relaxed here when we visited, and I'd definitly recommend it if you're looking for somewhere to take thing easy for a couple of days.

• Fishing
    • Sailing and Boating

Me at Bass Lake

by sunshinejo Written Jun 6, 2006

we had a brief stop at a small resort at the south end of Bass Lake called Miler's Landing. It's a pretty small place, from what I can remember, consisting of some holiday accomodation, a general store/cafe and a boat rental company. We popped into the general store for a drink and an ice cream before renting a small motorised fishing boat for an hour.

The lake is stunning and very peaceful, I almost found myself wishing I was into fishing, as I imagine that'd be the perfect way to spend a sunny afternoon here.

• Fishing
    • Sailing and Boating

• malianrob's Profile Photo

by malianrob Written Feb 21, 2006

There are tons of trails you can hike and lots to see. One of the things I found quite interesting is this huge rock left here from the days of the ice age. Its called retreating rock....something like that.

• Adventure Travel
    • Hiking and Walking

Bass Lake Hotels

Bass Lake Restaurants

by sunshinejo Written Jun 6, 2006

Ducey's Bar is right on the edge of Bass Lake in Pine Village. I think it's a hotel bar and there's a restaurant downstairs, but I'm not 100% sure. We came here for an afternoon beer at the end of our day at Bass Lake and liked it so much we decided to drive almost 20 miles to come back here for dinner that evening!

It's perfectly situated right on the edge of the lake and there's an outdoor terrace where you can sit. Although the food wasn't spectacularly fancy (in fact I think it was served in a plastic basket!) it was delicious, the service was excellent and the location - which is the real selling point here - is second to none. Like I said, I think there's a restaurant downstairs, so if you prefer to eat your food off a plate, then that may be a slightly more expensive option and you still get the views! However, before you splash out, bear in mind that I was here with my parents, who can be pretty fussy about where they eat out, and they loved it upstairs too!

Bass Lake Off The Beaten Path

by sunshinejo Written Jun 6, 2006

We stumbled upon this little gem of a picnic area quite by accident and spent a really pleasant hour or so here over lunch. There are a handful of icnic benches by the lake, as well as a couple of barbeques, porta-cabins and a water fountain (not suitable for drinking). As we picniced we watched woodpeckers in the trees and duck and geese on the lake. The only other people around was a lone fisherman in a small rubber dinghy on the lake. It was beautiful and perfect.

Sadly, however, I have no idea where it is other than to say that it's in the Bass Lake area - at least now you know to look out for it!

• Hiking and Walking
    • Adventure Travel

Instant Answers: Bass Lake

Comments

Bass Lake Travel Guide
Map of Bass Lake