Beverly Hills Restaurants

• BLewJay's Profile Photo

Beverly Hills Restaurant Villa Blanca: Great food at a reasonable price

by BLewJay Updated Jan 23, 2012

Salade NiCoise

While my bike was being worked on in Sherman Oaks, we decided to head over to Beverly Hills for a bite of lunch. Well LJ wanted to to eat a a restaurant owned by Lisa Vanderpump-Todd & Ken Todd (of the Housewives of Beverly Hills fame). We get to the restaurant and guess who's sitting at a table having lunch....yup that's correct...Lisa Vanderpump-Todd & Ken Todd. Guess where we ended up getting a table...lol...yup that's right!!! A place that is visually beautiful as well as refreshing and friendly. Overall, a wonderful experience.

Favorite Dish: LJ decided to have a Salade NiCoise while I had the Roasted Chicken Flatbread Sandwich which came with fries. For dessert, we shared the English Sticky Toffee Pudding which came with real vanilla ice cream. Of course, you can enjoy a delicious meal like this without sipping fine cocktails, so we had a Blanca Chocolate Martini (Grey Goose Vodka, White Godiva Liquor and White Crème de Cacao) as well as Orange Bellini.

• Wine Tasting

• supune's Profile Photo

Maurya Indian Cuisine Lounge & Bar: Posh Indian Place

by supune Updated Apr 4, 2011

This was the first time I ate at a restaurant in Beverly Hills. Ain't I swanky? :)

The inside of the restuarant is decorated with modern furniture and classical indian pieces. There's a few cool plasma TVs which play sports and other programs. It was very quiet and relaxed inside. We were there on a Tuesday night, and the place was not packed. The lounge area has couches or you can get a table.

The wait staff was nice and couteous.

The food was pretty good. They had most of the usual dishes you find in Indian places in LA.

We have to give kudos to the restuarant owner because they supported one of my parents' friends after he came back from helping tsunami victims in Sri Lanka.

Favorite Dish: They serve different types of Nans all of which I liked very much.

The Buttered Chicken, Lentils and Spinach with Peas was my favorites. Everything else was great too, but those 3 stood out.

• janika's Profile Photo

Small cafe: Walking only street

by janika Updated Apr 4, 2011

Me and my better half.

On this walking only street you'll find some coffees I can recommend. We also saw a Porsche super store and other brand name shops. I was loughing my head off here and as see on this image I had a real bad burn on my body from the previous beach adventure at Dana Point! :-)

Favorite Dish: I do not recommend to dine or eat out at Beverly Hills. The prices are not designed for tourists!

• Villa Blanca: The worst

by deborahnolan Updated May 24, 2009

We went to this restaurant last night. the whole experience was the worst. Aside from the fact that the food was spoiled, the manager was rude, the owner rude. They clearly don't care about their customers. Don't ever go there. Waste of money and time. Life is too short for people and food like this.

• HarmoniousBotch's Profile Photo

Il Cielo: Going down in Beverly Hills

by HarmoniousBotch Updated Jul 23, 2008

Like an aging actress, Il Cielo resides in Beverly Hills, and depends upon her reputation from earlier times. She still displays her charms to any who can afford her - and she is not cheap - but she is not aging gracefully.

Basic repairs are not being done: the front door is held closed with a bungee cord. It does not look like the entrance to a fine Beverly Hills restaurant. It doesn't even look like the entrance to MacDonalds. When I first walked up to it, I thought that I had inadvertently arrived at the delivery entrance. And the plastic sheeting that screens the front porch is cracked and chipped, and needs to be replaced. It is time for a facelift.

Service is irregular - tableside is fine, but service away from the table is not too good. If the phone at an Italian restaurant must be answered with an unintelligible accent, it should at least be done in an unintelligible *Italian* accent, not an unintelligible Hispanic accent. And if a customer tells them that a birthday is being celebrated when making the reservation, they should remember it a mere week later.

The atmosphere is very pleasant and romantic, but almost on the verge of being kitchy. Again, repairs are neccesary.

But like good bone structure, the basis of a fine restaurant is still there. The food was magnificent. I had the finest lamb chops that I have ever eaten. The shrimp-stuffed tomato appetizer was so tasty that I wanted to lick the plate. And my girlfriend confided that the sauce that was served with the striped bass was so good that she would eat canned dog food if it had the sauce poured over it.

Overall, the owner seems to be cashing in. He does not seem to be making investments of any longer term than the weekly paychecks to his cooking staff. I'll still recommend that you visit this resaurant, but go soon before the old girl is kneeling in an alley.

Crustacean: A River Runs Through It

by HotSpotJ Written Mar 21, 2008
    Crustacean

If you are in Beverly Hills, definately check Crustacean out. The decor of this hotspot is amazing- as you walk in, there is a glass covered river that snakes by the bar through the restaurant. The menu is diverse with Vietnamese-European combinations, please be sure to try the amazing house dressing. Also, as with all Bev Hills spots, call ahead for reservations- and dress with style- this place isn't your corner McDonalds!

Favorite Dish: Loved the Surf and Turf Roll and the Shaken Beef was yummy.

Mr Chow: Overhyped

by HotSpotJ Updated Jan 26, 2008
    Mr Chow

So, one place my boy was dying to take me was this "Mr Chow", he said we'd do a very early dinner there on a Tuesday night right before PSK in Burbank. We get to the restaurant and he's dissappointed when he sees there are no paparazzi outside- that meant no one famous was dining there at the time. We are seated in this area that crammed me against the chair of the girl behind me. There was no room to move, an airport Starbucks had more room. With the prices on the menu, I expected at least PF Chang quality... instead it was greasy, nasty, more like Panda Express. I'd do PF Chang over this place ANY day, and if you do go there request another seat if you get stuck in the narrow dining room.

I ate and Mr Chow again Jan-08 and still didn't like it much. Now, Crustacean on Bedford is off the hook!

Favorite Dish: The soup was good lol

• Singles

Mastros: Best Steak in Beverly Hills

by HotSpotJ Written Jan 3, 2008
    Mastros exterior

The restaurant itself is very classy, the exterior and interior are both gorgeous. I loved the blue Mastros facade with the waterfall effect. The service was world class, way above my pay grade (as was everything in Bev Hills!). Besides the awesome bread, I had a the sauteed shrimp and the 22oz Rib-Eye. I was too full to even consider a dessert. I didn't drive here, but it seemed very easy to get to, we went 405 to Wilshire and it is just past Rodeo. One thing, my friend made reservations for this hotspot about a week in advance, and then settled with a weekday reservation. I'm under the impression that you have to make reservations WELL in advance for Mastros and most other places in Beverly Hills for Fridays and Saturdays. And, this website should increase the price per person ranges, as this place too, with only a few bourbons, was nearly $150.00 for two people.

Favorite Dish: This was one of the best meals I had during my stay in Southern California. The RibEye had the Bone in and was full of flavor

• Lizchiq's Profile Photo

Il Pastaio: Wonderful Italian food

by Lizchiq Written Dec 27, 2007

Il Pastaio is a cozy, small Italian restaurant on the corner in the heart of downtown Beverly Hills, amongst all the other restaurants and shops. It's very well-priced considering the location. There's generally a wait, and the tables are packed very tightly inside (you could probably take a bite off your neighbor's plate without fully extending your arm), however, the food is worth the wait.
    On a warmer evening (as there are many in southern California, year-round) you might prefer to sit outside on the heated patio. Come before 6:30/7 PM to beat the later dinner rush.
    The two times I've been there, I have ordered ravioli. Once, I had the "mezzelune" - lobster ravioli with zucchini, which was great. The ravioli was fresh and cooked perfectly. The second time I went back, I ordered the vegetable ravioli, which was on the seasonal dinner menu. This was excellent and I highly recommend it. In my opinion, it was seasoned perfectly and had just the right amount of filling inside. This pasta was a little lighter than other dishes on the menu, so if you're feeling extra hungry, eat some more of their fabulous bread or order an appetizer.
    Their desserts are great as well, as is their espresso.

The only con about this restaurant is that it can get a little noisy at busier hours of the evening due to the sheer amount of people they pack inside in such close quarters, but otherwise it's a very nice dining experience with good service and great food... just pretend you're in Europe in a packed cafe for two hours and you'll forget about how close together the tables are!

Favorite Dish: The vegetable ravioli was exceptional. I can imagine they make several vegetable raviolis depending on which veggies are in season. I'd definitely order it again.

• Escadora7's Profile Photo

Aram Persian Restaurant: Yalla Habibi!

by Escadora7 Updated Nov 21, 2007

Nice little place on Beverly Blvd. - right in the midst of all the other restaurants. The food was good - given, we went with Persian friends who actually knew what to order. Portionsizes are large. We had a variety of appetizers, main-courses, and as dessert the famous persian rose-water/pistachio ice-cream.

Saturday night offers belly-dance performances.

Favorite Dish: These were our favorites:
    Appetizers: Eggplant
    Main-course: Fesenjoon
    Dessert: persian ice-cream

Da Vinci: Italian Excellence

by kimberlyfisher1 Written Oct 8, 2007

I love old school Italian. I love great wine, excellent service, mouth watering bread, and dark moody lighting. Da Vinci is all that and more.

Located right around the corner from me, I've never had a bad meal (lunch or dinner) at Da Vinci. The dining wall of fame include: Dean Martin, Regis Philbin, Steve Martin, George Hamilton, George Burns, and Kirk Douglas.

Favorite Dish: ~ Amazing Pastas!

~Great Wine List.

~The Sea Bass is excellent...comes with a deliscious cilantro sauce.

• kimberlyfisher1's Profile Photo

Natalee Thai: Rhymes with Fly!

by kimberlyfisher1 Written Sep 27, 2007
    Our dinner at Natalee Thai 9/26/07

For my friend's B-day party we decided to do a mellow dinner for 9 girls and kareoke. One of the girls decided on Natalee Thai, a popular yet understated Thai place in Beverly Hills. The service is great and the staff is very friendly, and we had a great table in the upstairs seating area. The food was decent, except for the FLY that appeared in the BOTTOM of our salad.

Valet Parking and full bar available.

Favorite Dish: For 9 girls, we ordered:

~Chicken Satay...really good! Served with cucumber salad and peanut sauce.

~Tom Kha Gai -Soup with chicken and coconut milk

~Tom Yum Goong- soup in a clear broth with lemongrass and shrimp

~Yam Woon Sen- traditional Thai salad....but we found a fly in the BOTTOM. They replaced it with another salad, but no one dared eat it.

~Chicken Pad Thai....very good!

~Pad See-iw- Another noodle based dish...great!

Mr. Chow: Starwatching Central @ Mr. Chow

by kimberlyfisher1 Updated Sep 22, 2007

If your in the mood the see celebrities or real life paparazzi, your best bet will either be Mr. Chow or The Ivy. Frequented by agents, celebs, and entertainment superstars.

Food is decent, but not that spectacular.

Four Seasons~ Window Lounge: Trendy n' Hip Four Seasons

by kimberlyfisher1 Updated Sep 22, 2007
    The Four Seasons

~A trendy hangout Thur-Sat. featuring live music and an amazing bar menu.

~ After 5 crowd features high-powered 9-5'ers having a stiff cocktail.

~Relaxed yet elegant environment w/ cozy outdoor cabanas.

~specialty martinis and extensive wine list.

Favorite Dish: ~kobe beef sliders! yum!

• Spa and Resort

Crustacean: Beautiful Food, Beautiful People

by kimberlyfisher1 Updated Sep 12, 2007

Crustacean is where the young and beautiful go to get their fix of garlic noodles and pan friend coconut shrimp. Brought to you by the An Family, Crustacean has started a popular collection of restaurants in San Francisco and LA. Dubbed as "Euro-Vietnamese" with it's famous "walk on water" entrance, the first time visitor will be impressed and satisfied.

A special "secret kitchen" only An Family members can enter...features nightly specials.

Favorite Dish: ~garlic noodles (specialty, and yummy!)

~coconut shrimp

~crab

~specialty drinks

Instant Answers: Beverly Hills

Comments

Beverly Hills Restaurants

Reviews and photos of Beverly Hills restaurants posted by real travelers and locals. The best tips for Beverly Hills sightseeing.

View all Beverly Hills hotels