Big Bear - Snow Summit.
Ton of variety slopes for snowboarders and skiers of all ability! Get there early for the half day pass or come skiing at night when the lights go on and most of the visitors have gone home. Either way and any way you do it, you'll have a great day. This place is about 2-4 hrs from LA depending on traffic and snow conditions in the mountain. The only other closer place is mountain high but the slopes there finish super quick as its a much smaller mountain. Big bear is the real thing and many enthusiasts go there. reasonable lift lines
1. Check the temperature for night skiing, its get cold
2. You need tire chains on most days and they will not let you up without them. There is a huge walgreens close to the mountain before the entrance if you forget.
3. If you want a lesson call in advance, the book up quickly.
- Skiing and Boarding
- Family Travel
First there was the drive up.........
It was quite gray and gloomy on the way up, but so cold, snowy and wintry that we were stoked. Even moreso when it all cleared up by the next morning.
Main Street, Big Bear Lake
This is the sign I mentioned before that you don't want to pass if you're looking for the Frontier Lodge. Otherwise a nice spot for a photo-op. This is Tony and Marisa.
I came across this lamp post which seemed to be wearing a hat made of icicles. I had to take a snapshot.
Bear valley stage lines, horse carriage tour
I guess you can take a tour in a western style carriage, for fun or for special occasions! didn't ride it but will next time I go
- Horse Riding
Drive all around the lake!
It was raining the weekend we were there (thunderstorm and all), so we didn't get to really hike with the kids but we drove all around the lake, it's beautiful!
- Family Travel
There are campgrounds all round Big Bear Lake. We went camping one summer and it was a lot of fun. Clean air, good food, good friends--can't really beat that!
- Book now for big savings!
- Hotels.com Outstanding choice of hotels all over the world at fantastic prices.
- Save up to 50% off Hotels Everyday
- Expedia.com Photos, Reviews and the Guaranteed Lowest Prices