Camping, Big Sur

Know about this? Rate It!

Bonfire on the Cliffs

Café del Mar

by Pounder73 Written Jul 10, 2003

Favorite thing: We brought down the radio. Played a little Café Del Mar, Saint Germaine, and others of the sort. It worked well with the sounds of the waves, and the lights… almost Ibizaesque.. just need more ladies next time

Evolution

Bonfire on the Cliffs

Favorite thing: we decide that the bonfire needed to be ON the cliffs today. This usually very discouraged by the local authorities. Not advised. But we are out on rocks. Nothing to catch on fire, except us. It was awesome.

4th of July – A slice of America

Big Sur

Favorite thing: I know this country isn’t perfect. No place is. I guess in some perverse way, I would not want it to be. If everything was, then nothing would be good and nothing would be bad. There would be no appreciation for the things we have, nor strive.

Fondest memory: Tonight alone we sit here, our families have come from China, India, Pakistan/Kuwait and all over Europe. Sitting here peacefully. This is a slice of America, a good one.

Bun Warmers

Joe and his hot buns

Favorite thing: We’re hungry some burgers and skewers were made.

Fondest memory: Camping skewers:
    precut desired veggies and meats in cubes and place in Ziplock baggies at home and marinate to desired taste. Bring skewer sticks with baggies. Stick foods of cube on skewers. Place over grill. Turn. (if confusing, no different than any other skewer ever made)

First Step is a doosie…

camsite

Favorite thing: We arrived; most of the camp was already set up by the first wave of people. You can see where the tents end and the cliffs begin. I can hear my mother now… “Now be careful. That’s making me nervous.”

Fondest memory: Shoot, I am not going to tell her the much of the fence protecting dumb people from falling off was no longer there. There was a sign that read something to the effect of “due to lack of State funding, they have been unable to afford the repair on this fence since Fall ’02.” I bettcha the cost of one of them bombs we sent ova’yonder could fence half the California Coast if desired. Sad. But I don’t like fences anyway, that’s a plus. And I am not too dumb. Two points for me.

Swirlies Man…

by Pounder73 Written Jul 10, 2003

Favorite thing: Seeing swirlies. Neat things you can do at night with a camera and Silicon Valley Trade show giveaways.

Bringing your own…

by Pounder73 Written Jul 10, 2003

Favorite thing: …chairs was key, especially those kinds with cup holders. Lounge’n with a beer watching the day say goodbye.

Time to Chill

camsite

Favorite thing: Everyone has finally shown up. Everything hiked down and set up. Evening approaching fast, and the temps are falling with the Sun. But there are things up in the trees, watching… Waiting…

Instant Answers: Big Sur