Bodie Restaurants

Most Recent Restaurants in Bodie

• 807Wheaton's Profile Photo

The Virginia Creek Settlement: Don't miss a great meal

by 807Wheaton Written Jun 25, 2005

We were tired and hungry from our trek through Bodie State Historical Park and were on our way to Bridgeport. We stopped at the restaurant at the Virginia Creek Settlement for some Italian food. We had one of the best pizzas we have ever had with a side salad.
    When I used the restroom I was very surprised to see a gold miner fully dressed laying in the bathtub! It started me so that it took me a skinny minute to realize it was a mannequin! The joke was on me!
    Everyone was waiting to see my expression when I walked out......good fun!

Favorite Dish: The pizza is wonderful.

• kylian74's Profile Photo

Virginia Creek Settlement Restaurant: A good dinner

by kylian74 Updated May 7, 2004

my salad

We found a cute and cozy restaurant decorated with antique stuffs like collection of old cans, a pot , bottles, hanged old paintings,posters of Bodie and Mono Lake. I notice they were probably the only restaurant in the area and about 6 p.m just a few tables are free., lots of people had their dinner there.

Favorite Dish: A plate of salad is included to the ordered meal.

• kylian74's Profile Photo

Virginia Creek Settlement Restaurant: A good dinner

by kylian74 Updated May 7, 2004

Hi-way restaurant

Okey, I have to give you first a short story how did we come up of his restaurant; Our first attempt to Bodie was disappointment, not because of the place BUT my memory stick had ran out of space for more digital pictures of Bodie!..what a pity!! since Bodie has no services to plug on our handy laptop we wern't able to transfer the images...we realize that we still have time to drive back to the hiway and find nearest place where we could make our camera empty.
    Just a few meters from the intersection North of Bodie along hiway 395 we saw a house and rang but seems nobody was home...hundred meters away we found a restaurant/motel " Virginia Creek Settlement ". the resto was still closed and open at 5 p.m but my husband asked favor if we could plug on to transfer digital images.....They are very friendly, great people!!.. they even told hubby some story behind Bodie. My cam was again ready for more shots and we went back to Bodie, about more than 17 miles drive..took pictures and drive back to the hiway..It was 5:20 and restaurant was just opened, so we decided to have our dinner there in return of their friendliness. We are happy, service are great!

Instant Answers: Bodie

Comments

Bodie Restaurants

Reviews and photos of Bodie restaurants posted by real travelers and locals. The best tips for Bodie sightseeing.