Brea Restaurants

• acebruin's Profile Photo

La Vie En Rose: French in Orange County

by acebruin Updated Feb 28, 2012

La Vie En Rose

UPDATE: Unfortunately the restaurant closed down. Their last day was Saturday January 28th, 2011.

The setting is a reproduction of Normandy farmhouse. The restaurant features several dining rooms with different settings. It's like eating in a french farm house in a french countryside. Very beatifully decorated. I visited during Valentine's week. You can see red everywhere.

The menu includes everything from pasta to seafood, chicken, duck, pork, veal, and beef. There's something for everyone. I tried the escargot, lobster bisque, half duckling, and lamb shank. Eggclair and fruit pie are the desserts. The escargot is just right, not too salty, not too fishy. It's delicious. The lobster bisque is very tasty. It containes large chunks of lobsters. The half duckling is wonderful. The skin is really crispy. Even better than pecking duck in the best chinese restaurant. Wow what a wonderful selection of food.

They have a cart of fresh pastries and desserts. Napoleon, chocolate cake, fresh seasonal berries, fruit pies, and eggclairs are just some of the sweets you see on the cart. Everything looks mouth watering!

Dress to impress! Suits are often seen in the restaurant. Business meetings and business lunches often take place in La Vie En Rose. When you go on a date, dress the part!

The service is top notch. The waiters are very friendly and helpful. If you want to be treated like movie stars, you've came to the right place.

I would recommend this one of the best french cuisines in Orange County.

Favorite Dish: The escargot is delicious! The lobster bisque is heavenly, very tasty! And the half duckling is to die for!

• Business Travel

• Agraichen's Profile Photo

Sam's Place: Sam's salads

by Agraichen Updated Oct 15, 2010

Main street Brea has been under a bit of reconstruction for a while. There is still a lot of retail space open due to the high rents however Sam's has survived and reopend in the new area.

What caught my eye as I walked down Birch Street was the sign saying DOGS WELCOME. Since our 5 pound Yorkie is a constant companion I checked in for lunch. Mandy had her water dish before I had mine. This is the sign of a good restaurant in my book.

Favorite Dish: The Burger Salad sounds strange but tastes great. On top of a great salad with your favorite dressing, you get a 1/2 pound hamburger cooked to your liking. A bit strange but it was just what I wanted and tasted great.

• Agraichen's Profile Photo

TAPS: Fish House and Brewery

by Agraichen Written Sep 12, 2010

The restaurant is rather large with a boisterous "sports bar" on one side and a somewhat quieter (this is relative) dining area on the other side. The two sides are split partially with a low wall but if a championship game is going on the bar noise can be overwhelming.

Still the service is excellent, the staff friendly, attentive and knowlegable about the restaurant fare.

Favorite Dish: Difficult question. The fish is excellent as is the beef. I've not had a bad meal so I'll just keep on trying new things.

• Business Travel
    • Photography

• marinarena's Profile Photo

Le Diplomate Cafe: Try a mall fave (yes, it's in the mall!)

by marinarena Written Mar 14, 2008

If you can get over the buzz of the mall crowd, then head to Le Dplomate, a unique and actually beautiful little restaurant situated on the second level of Brea Mall, near Nordstrom.

The menu is quite eccletic, mainly offering sandwiches and salads done in a very Euro-Mediterrean tradition. Service and table setting is remarkably upscale. Come here with a gal pal or your mother. It's especially an atmosphere that women would appreciated. If your date is not snobbish, he/she will like it here. There is a bit of a romantic feel here

If you go all out, you can manage to spend about $50 a person including wine. Otherwise, it is a steal to get an entree and drink or some combination for lunch for $20 a person or less.

Hours:

Mon to Fri 10:00am - 9:00pm
    Sat 10:00am - 7:00pm

No reservations needed!

Favorite Dish: I had the hummus dip here and was very good as an appetizer ( it is only $6.25)

any panini here is good and average around $10.

• Women's Travel

Taps Brewery/Restaurant: Tempt your taste especially on Sunday at Taps

by marinarena Updated Mar 14, 2008

File this under American, Seafood, Buffet and Brewery!! Taps is a local favorite where I will be coming back for more and more! Taps is my kind of place- charming, exquisite but not terribly expensive (at least for a seafood place) and with a fun atmosphere. In the swanky bar area, there are plenty of big screens for sports games and live music on Thursdays and for different occasions). Come early or make reservations for an evening patio table fireside. The specialty here is seafood yet there is a good choice of non-fishy items. Come especially on Sunday for the champagne buffet when there is an expanded, continental variety from which to choose. Not only is there the bubbly (champagne) but decadent shrimp cocktail, oysters, various stuffed tapas, scrumptious salads, classic breakfast selections, eggs benedict and an impressive choice of sweets!!!

Favorite Dish: all of the above for the buffet on Sunday!

For seafood: crab cakes-- very well presented and delicious

• Singles

• GAUCHO GRILL (BREA CALIFORNIA) BIRCH ST: POOR QUALITY MEATS !!!!!!

by ASSG Written Nov 18, 2007

LETTER TO OWNER...PLEASE READ !!!!
    I attended the restaurant on 11.17.07 for dinner (party of 6)
    on a scale from 1-10 ...I honestly gave you a 2, I'll explain why:
    I ordered 2 parillas (mixed meats) for 4 persons, 1 veggie soup & 1 steak with crumbled bleu cheese.
    for starters our mashed potatoes were brought out super cold as well as our zuchini/squash
    our meats were pretty low quality @ best. the chicken was very dry & tastless, our steak with bone
    also was tastless & almost burnt!!! the blood sausage which 4 of us agreed....was a pretty bad, and what
    made it worse was that it was oozing all under the bottom of our meats, we were trying to clean blood sausage off our meats. the other meats were just as bad they seemed old and not fresh @ all. The soup
    my god...the soup! was terrible no taste at all whatsoever it was bland, no salt, it seemd super watered down. my wifes bleu cheese steak was better than our parillas , I gave that a 5 on a 1-10 scale. My entire
    family agreed that we would never consider going back....strictly based on quality and TASTE !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    I regreted taking my family there. On the way home 2 of us got sick, our stomaches were both grumbling
    pretty bad. I can only come to one conclusion...and one only ...FRESHNESS ! the food cannot be fresh.

Anderson

Favorite Dish: TERRIBLE QUALITY MEATS...OLD AND DISGUSTING

• marinarena's Profile Photo

The Hat: Come to the fun sandwich shop!

by marinarena Updated Sep 8, 2005
    The Hat restaurant, Brea, California

This is a 50s theme eaterie that serves up mainly cheaper- gourmet sandwiches, burgers and more. If you want to try American food but don't want to go to McDonalds or Burger King, come to the orginal Hat! Picture to come, I promise!

Favorite Dish: The fries and onion rings are good here..or as Orange county folk may say ...they are "killer"! :-)

• marinarena's Profile Photo

Mammalucco's: Come to Mamma!

by marinarena Written May 17, 2005

There's a claim of close-knit family atmosphere here - and it lives up to this!

What I love here is that I can stop in for your lunch and get a hot slice of gourmet pizza- not just plain, unfresh and greasy pepperoni or cheese only!!

slices are about $3.00 (one slice is really like two smalls)

whole pizza $10+

get plain cheese, pepperoni or really creative varities.

Favorite Dish: pizza with tomato and basil , and also barbeque pizza

New York style slices with not so much crust usually

• Las Redes Restaurant: Stick with traditional Mex food

by kcbrit Updated May 11, 2003

good ambience for off beat stop. great place for an after hike, bike or run day in the canyon. typical mex style and music. serves alcohol. courteous staff. I liked my dish but my partner did not care for the chicken tostada he had. Chicken tasted funky, maybe it was boiled. Better to stick to the traditional dishes with sauce. They advertise themselves as a seafood place so I would go with a seafood dish if pos.

Favorite Dish: Shrimp Burrito - spicy with red sauce and beans inside. Recommend side of sour cream.

Instant Answers: Brea

Comments

Brea Restaurants

Reviews and photos of Brea restaurants posted by real travelers and locals. The best tips for Brea sightseeing.