Knott's Berry Farm, Buena Park

8039 Beach Boulevard (714) 220-5200

Entertaining Buena Park, CA
  • Knott's Berry Farm
  • Roller Coaster, Knotts Berry Farm, Buena Park, CA
    Roller Coaster, Knotts Berry Farm, Buena...
  • nixca316's Profile Photo

visit the Knott's Berry Farm

by nixca316 Written Feb 18, 2007

me and my great  Knott's experience =)

Their claim to fame is that they are America's 1st theme park. Yes, even I have been a snoopy fan since I was four years old and I'm glad that he & his other Peanuts friends have their very own theme park. I also enjoy buying their food products, most especially the spreads and the chicken. Of course, the shirts and other souvenirs are also very, very great to purchase.

Knott's is located just 10 minutes from Disneyland Park & 30 minutes fr both John Wayne/Orange County Airport & downtown Los Angeles. The Park is situated on Beach Blvd. in Buena Park, one mile south of the 91 (Artesia) Freeway and two miles south of the 5 (Santa Ana) Freeway.

Take The Bus From Your Southern California Hotel!

Pacific Coast Sightseeing & Airport Bus provide daily express service to Knott's from select area hotels. Check with your hotel concierge or front desk for details.
    Interstate 5 (Golden State Freeway)
    Proceed North on Interstate 5 to State Highway 91 (Riverside Freeway).
    Proceed West on State Highway 91. Exit at Beach Blvd. Turn left (south) onto Beach Blvd. Proceed two blocks until you reach Knott's. Interstate 5 (Santa Ana Freeway)
    Proceed South on Interstate 5. Exit at Beach Blvd. Turn right (south) onto Beach Blvd. Proceed five blocks until you reach Knott's.
    State Highway 22 (Garden Grove Freeway)
    Proceed East or West on State Highway 22 and Exit at Beach Blvd.
    Proceed North on Beach Blvd. for approximately 6 miles until you reach Knott's. State Highway 91 (Riverside Freeway)
    State Highway 91 (Artesia Freeway)
    Proceed East on State Highway 91. Exit at Knott Ave. Turn right (south) onto Knott Ave. Proceed South on Knott Ave. to La Palma Ave. Turn left (east) onto La Palma Ave. Proceed East on La Palma Ave. to Beach Blvd. Turn right on Beach Blvd. to enter Knott's.

• GinGinCoo's Profile Photo

Medieval Times

by GinGinCoo Updated Mar 15, 2004

Medieval Times

It is a Dinner and Tournament with a Medieval times theme. It was featured in the movie "Cable Guy" with Jim Carrey. They have horsemanship, jousting matches and sword fights. You also get a four-course meal including whole roasted chicken, spare ribs, potatoes, pastries and beverage

Boomerang

The park opened at 9:00 and not a moment earlier. The good news is I was amongst the first in the park, the bad news is that I had a 55-minute wait. During said waiting period I met a mother from Placentia named Cindy, who brought her son Andrew and his friend Tim. We got on the Boomerang, a metal roller coaster that starts by backing up a steep incline, catapulting through a series of corkscrew turns and a loop, finishing up on another steep incline. From there it repeats the whole process backwards. I rode with Cindy and her 2 children. However, we were stuck on the high steep incline some 50 feet (15 m.) above the ground for some 15 minutes. Many were scared, some were screaming, begging to get off, but I was uncomfortable and beginning to think it wasn't worth it. We finally went through the ride, but we felt like we were entitled to a gratuity for the inconvenience (such as a free chicken dinner at Mrs. Knott's Chicken Dinner restaurant).

Timber Mountain Log Ride

Timber Mountain Log Ride

Next, Cindy, Tim, Andrew, and I went on the log ride. It was still cool and Cindy feared getting wet and catching cold. Because I would be flying home the following Tuesday, that thought was not far from my mind. I have flown with allergies before and I shuddered to think about flying back with a full-fledged head cold. During the log ride, we did not get very wet at all. There was one time when we faced a water spout braced for a certain drenching, but it was cut off just in time in order to fool the riders.

Montezooma's Revenge

Montezooma's Revenge

I was anxious to try Montezooma's Revenge (they spelled it, folks, I didn't). I thought it was going to be an elabourate roller coaster, but that illusion was given by the construction of a new roller coaster, the Jaguar (opening that summer), which is intertwined with the Montezooma's Revenge. This ride consists of being catapulted at 67 m.p.h. (108 km./hr.) through a 76-foot (24 m.) loop on top of a steep incline, going backwards through the loop to another steep incline. The Montezooma's Revenge ride is a carbon copy of something we used to have at King's Dominion called the King Kobra (which was taken down to make way for the more exciting Anaconda). It was built by the same company and introduced into the park at the same period of time (late 1970's).

• marinarena's Profile Photo

Go to Knott's-- It's Not a Dud!

by marinarena Updated Feb 1, 2011

Entertaining Buena Park, CA

Well, if you particularly enjoy roller coasters and don't care so much for Disney nostaglia, you should enjoy Knott's Berry Farm.

Here, there is some charm in the old park setting (featuring the Independence Hall building from the BP main page) and a small promenade area (both outside of the park where the actual rides are) for leisure walking.

Inside, the park is full of fast coasters, easy ones for the kids and faint of hearts, a bunch of Peanuts characters that smile at you and several eateries that serves mediocre food and very expensive drinks (dine outside before or after- your palette deserves better).

The most thrilling ride here is Ghostrider- well, it was the most for me. It was such a deceiving ride. It looks innocent from the outside but I should have heard better the screams from the riders, which hinted to me that this one was going to be quite a monster of a ride! Yikes!

Other thrilling rides (Warning: they are pretty, heartracing!!):
    Silver Bullet
    Xcelerator (insane!)
    Jaguar
    Rip Tide (Head Over Heels craziness!)
    Montezuma's Revenge
    Pony Express
    Supreme Scream
    Screamin' Swing (weeee!)
    La Revolucion (vertigo)

Sky Jump

Sky Jump

I got on the Sky Jump- a parachute ride that encloses the rider in a metal cage (a combined weight of not less than 100 [45 kg.], but not more than 400 pounds [181 kg.] is required) which is hoisted 200 feet (61 m.) above the park on a metal wire and then released to give the illusion of free fall. From the top, you can see all of Orange County.

• brdwtchr's Profile Photo

Must see the live shows. It is...

by brdwtchr Written Oct 4, 2002

Must see the live shows. It is the best part of Knott's. We saw the indian dancing. It was very informative and educational. We watched the saloon girls put on a show and drank sasparilla. We saw the cowboy stuntmen and they were hilarious. The very best part of Knott's is the history and the live performances. Don't miss the live shows if you go there.

• lmkluque's Profile Photo

Knottsberry Farm

by lmkluque Updated Jan 13, 2013

An Old Brochure

First thing to say about Knottsberry Farm is that it is NOT a Farm! It is an amusement park.

It has developed through the years to keep it fun and exciting for little kids, with it's Snoopy Camp and for big kids with it's thrilling amusement park rides.

My favorite part of the park is the Ghost Town. Some of the buildings in the Ghost Town were brought over from Calico Ghost Town--in Barstow/Yermo California by Mr. Knotts. Seems he bought up Calico and devoped both places for tourists.

Silver Bullet

by TinKan Updated Jan 22, 2006
    The Silver Bullet

The Silver Bullet is the newest ride at Knott?s Berry Farm and what a ride it is.
    The Silver Bullet is one of the sit down, feet hanging rides that do two loops and two or three cork screws all at about 50 to 70 miles per hours.

It is one of the smoothest rides I have ever been on which made it a nice ride.

• Knott's Scary Farm

by ahimsadesi Written Dec 26, 2006

Knott's Scary Farm is ranked among the very best Halloween events in the entire world, so I had high hopes when I decided to go for the first time this year (2006)

I thought the crowd would be minimal since I decided to go the second weekend it was open in early October, but wow was I wrong! There were still thousands of people there with most of them looking and talking like high school kids on a Saturday night binge of fun. I was concerned since I've heard about some safety issues they've had in the past, but overall everyone was simply there to have fun all night just as we were. That was a huge relief.

My suggestion is to go as early as possible since the traffic backs up all the way from the freeway offramps more than a mile away from the actual park. Finding parking was a nightmare even though we came 45 minutes early.

Another time-saving tip once inside is to avoid the rides as much as possible, especially the major ones like Ghost Rider because it can take upwards of 2 hours for a single ride. That is time much better spent on the Halloween-themed attractions like the haunted houses, mazes, and shows. Those were a great deal of fun once we started checking them out. The rides will be there year-round and a normal day pass can be had for cheaper than what you'll pay for entrance to Scary Farm, which is also shorter in duration than the normal daytime park hours.

In a nutshell, I'm not sure that this is one of the best Halloween events in the world since I've only been to a few, but it was sure was fun while it lasted. I would definitely go again in the future.

California Harbor water ride

by TinKan Written Apr 30, 2004
    What a drop

California Harbor is the ultimate in water rides and one of the best for getting a person all wet. This ride is a very short trip but most of it is in the down direction and I am talking strait down as you can see in the picture. The trip ends in a big splash in the man made lake at the bottom.

You will get very very wet on this ride and I think that is what it was designed to do. If you did not get wet enough on the ride you can stand on the bridge at the end of the ride and when the car comes down you will get wetter then the folks on the ride.

All in all this is a 4 out of 5 ride and would be 5 out of 5 if it were a bit longer.

Ghostrider at Knott's Berry Farm

by TinKan Updated May 1, 2004
    Ghostrider

Ghostrider is one of the best rollercoasters I have ever been on in my life and scores a big 5 out of 5.

Ghostrider is a great big wooden rollercoaster that takes up the south western part of the park and is touted as being the longest wooden rollercoaster in the world. The ride is fast and long and it never gives you a moment to catch your breath.

There is a height requirement for this ride but I feel it should be a little higher. If you have a bad back or neck then you should skip this one. Remember to take off your glasses for this ride as they will come off. I had my glasses around my neck and they still almost came off.

All in all… a solid 5 out of 5 ride.

• Svetobeznik's Profile Photo

Ghostrider

by Svetobeznik Written Dec 24, 2003

Wnated Dead or Alive - The most massive wooden roller coaster in the entire Western United States. The initial 108 foot drop brings you screaming into a frontier ghost town. While travelling over 4,350 feet of track you witstand a maximum g-force of 3.14 !

Calico Mine Ride

Calico Mine Ride

The next thing we tried was the Calico Mine Cars- a slow, boring look at life in a western mine in the 19th century.

Instant Answers: Buena Park

Comments

Hotels Near Knott's Berry Farm
3.0 out of 5 stars